Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/17/2003, 12:32 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Emmy Nominations

Well, the Emmy Nominations are out. It looks like MADtv is absent again, unless it is up for some small category that I don't see. Here's the nominees for Best Variety, Music, or Comedy Series:
''The Daily Show With Jon Stewart''
''Late Show With David Letterman''
''Saturday Night Live''
''The Tonight Show With Jay Leno''
''Late Night With Conan O'Brien''
Grrr...that pisses me off. Oh well. MADtv never wins any awards except for hair and makeup and things like that. King of Queens also isn't nominated for any awards. But, of course shows like Friends are once again up for quite a lot. AAAGGGHHH!

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 07/17/2003, 1:34 PM
0ld sk00l

That is so stupid!! That really pisses me off! Why dont' they have a seperate category for the late shows?? Damn theres like 5 late shows!! GRR! Anyway- I asked like 5 people in the past few days if they saw SNL and Madtv first and then I asked which they like better and which is funnier. All of them said Madtv!! I think I should run a poll or something wherever I can, because theres anoyther forum site I go on thats just about anything And I'll post the results.

My Fanfics
Old 07/17/2003, 6:26 PM
Hardcore Fan

Well, actually MADtv is for 5 "small" nominations but not for any of the main catorgies. Go to the emmys web site to see the complete nominations.
Old 07/17/2003, 11:48 PM
Sing: "Fanta! Fanta!"

Thumbs Up Here are the 5 MADtv categories!

WOW! Congrats MADtv.

Yes, it's sad that the show wasn't nominated for the BIG one (or even WRITING)... but what they DID get nominated for is really cool! Again - hair and makeup (which is always the best!!) but how cool is ART DIRECTION! Costumes! All of them are BIG - with some big competition. I hope MAD wins! Mostly we always talk about the actors... but now it's time to give props to the people behind the scenes!! Congrats to the hard working crew of nominated Designers!

Here are the 5 categories MADtv was nominated for:

Art Direction for a Variety or Music Program: 75th Annual Academy Awards, ABC; Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Fox; The 45th Annual Grammy Awards, CBS; Mad TV, Fox; Survivor: Thailand, CBS

Costumes for a Variety or Music Program: Cher--The Farewell Tour, NBC; Mad TV, Fox; The First Annual Miss Dog Beauty Pageant, Fox; Saturday Night Live, NBC

Hairstyling for a Series: Alias, ABC; American Dreams, NBC; Mad TV, Fox; Sex and the City, HBO; Six Feet Under, HBO

Makeup for a Series (Non-Prosthetic): Alias, ABC; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS; Mad TV, Fox; Sex and the City, HBO

Makeup for a Series (Prosthetic): CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS; Enterprise, UPN; Mad TV, Fox; Primetime Glick, Comedy Central; Six Feet Under, HBO