Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/24/2004, 3:31 AM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Frank Caliendo has now plans on leaving (his contract commits him to season 9) and Stephnie Weir will be there next season (confirmed by Frank after that phony rumour). Frank said that most of the cast will return. So I believe Mo Collins is 100% guarenteed because I know the show is her second life. If she had the choice to be on from season 1, she said she would have. Bobby Lee will likely return to because he's getting popular.
So this pretty much proves that Frank wont be around in season 10, i somehow cant see him renewing his contract next season. He hasnt really been around that much in season 9 either, that could be another sign.

Old 03/24/2004, 2:29 PM
Hardcore Fan

Maybe the show will get better without that annoying Frank Calenido. He and his impression makes MADtv unwatchable for me.
Old 07/31/2004, 8:54 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Doreen. But I'm sure you've figured that out by now.

I got reminded of this episode on Comedy Central this week, and I think I laughed even harder this time than the first time. But I have a different sense of humor than other people do.

Johnny Woos - this wasn't too great, but had some funny lines to it.

Spishak - Not as good as the Ovens for Kids sketch, but Aries was good in this sketch, as was Josh as the spokesman.

Oprah - Funniest sketch of the night, by far. Better than the Kenny Rogers one. Two best lines from Oprah - "My vagina's on fire!" and "Wear that as a hat, bitch!" I was laughing so hard I thought I would never breathe again.

Tikvahs - Nice to see Nicole again. The conversation at the dinner table was alright, but the dance was really the awesome part.

Lorraine - Funniest Lorraine sketch in a long time, especially the "sack of sh*t" and just the Mo-Michael banter. Mike's really taking advantage of Mo's weak ability to keep herself from laughing, which is a good thing IMO.

Koppel - whatever.

Stuart encore - Nice to see this one again. Was supposed to be Mike's swan song at the time, so they wanted to squeeze more of him in. Debra was still planning on returning right now.

Oh, forgot:
Feuding parents - good sketch, Ike and Mo were good, Stephnie's reactions were hilarious, but I often forgot Debra was even there, she was part of the main setup for the sketch, but after that, she did nothing for me.

Old 07/31/2004, 9:04 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Quote:
Originally posted by Jericho
Number Six said a while ago that the show's ratings are usually in the 2.0-2.5, which is very mediocre.
Coming from someone who knows about ratings, 2.0-2.5 isn't really mediocre in this case. For a primetime show, it would be. But, MADtv is late-night, and (for season nine) has been hovering around 3.5-3.9, which is quite good for a late-night program (even though SNL is higher, it doesn't have consistent ratings, because they get big stars and medium stars to host, which is where SNL is weak, it's not consistent). I would not say MAD is getting bad ratings now, because I haven't seen lower than a 3.0 this season, and it's #1 among the show's target demo. SNL is aimed at an older demo.

BTW, you can get ratings for MAD vs. SNL at www.thefutoncritic.com. They post the ratings for the weekend on Mondays, and look at the end of the Saturday heading in the weekend's complete fast national's post.

Old 08/10/2004, 9:13 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

OMG Oprah's Jackass was classic! SO much better than the Kenny Rogers ones. I really liked the Spishak sketch, and Marvin Tikvah too (Nicole was good) but the feuding parents thing was hilarious! Good job done by Mo and Ike, but Stephnie was so funny when she was eating that lettuce leaf. I almost cried during the closing. I love Debra so much, and although she didn't say anything (She was probably really emotional) I thought Aries did a good job in getting everyone to show their appreciation for her.