Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/05/2003, 8:42 PM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
The outtake at the end where Mo reaches in and fondles Michael's balls was just hella gross!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Mo enjoyed it a lot.......I'm also sure Mike McD girl was envious of MO at that moment........
I was a little surprised at MO's actions during the out takes..I never thought she'd actually go in his Speedo and touch the guy's balls!!! OMG that's nasty. They're just cast members working together..they're not supposed to feel each other's private parts for God's sake!

Old 05/06/2003, 5:44 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

I'm sure it was an accident.
Old 05/06/2003, 5:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Mad Dog, you are the one who started the Debra rumor anyway. So, I don't know why you are blaming others for spreading gossip when you are the one who started the rumor to begin with.
Yep. We can only speculate til then. We can't even trust the actual cast member. In the middle of season five, Nicole said she wasn't even returning for the rest of the season - and she ended up sticking around for a whole other one
Old 05/06/2003, 7:02 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Mad Dog, you are the one who started the Debra rumor anyway. So, I don't know why you are blaming others for spreading gossip when you are the one who started the rumor to begin with.
Well my tipster told me Debra is leaving at the end of this season. Then when I talked to Frank, he said he knew nothing about it. Although Frank always says vague stuff because he's a cast member and doesn't want to get into trouble for saying something false, i guess. So i have conflicting sources......... What I really mean is to stop saying that people like Bobby and Aries are leaving because they more than likely aren't. But anyway back on topic.................................................sorry to rant again.................................

Old 05/06/2003, 8:27 AM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

I think we can conclude that Michael is leaving cuz that Stuart sketch was probably the last and he's gonna be doing his new sitcom so...

Old 05/06/2003, 8:41 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMcDonaldGrl

I was a little surprised at MO's actions during the out takes..I never thought she'd actually go in his Speedo and touch the guy's balls!!! OMG that's nasty. They're just cast members working together..they're not supposed to feel each other's private parts for God's sake!
Hahahah, I wonder what Mo's hubby had to say about that!

Old 05/06/2003, 11:11 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Are you guys SURE that this happened? When did it happen: during the bloopers in the closing? I think I'll have to watch this sketch (i taped the episode) again to see what i missed, teehee.

Old 05/06/2003, 11:34 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by koolboee cdmo87
Annoying Brother - I have to admit, I sorta liked this one. The weird brother and their reactions got me to laugh. And the Lucy tie-in was funny. Just like the last DPTTM sketch, Josh and Stephnie have good chemistry. An amusing sketch!
Yeah, after seeing this one again, it was even funnier to me. I loved how he just kept hanging in the doorway in different positions, and saying Greg's name over and over again. So annoying, but funny as hell. I've seen people do that before (just the doorway thing) and it seemed stupid to me, but I never really thought about it before, until now. I don't know, it just cracked me up to see the show dwell on something that most people don't think twice about. Original and funny stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing that character again. The Doorway Guy! LOL I'm sure it'd get old after a while, but it'd be cool to see him again, imo. But I bet they won't do it. Hell, I'm still waiting to see a new Gary and Mary sketch again (the distant relatives stuck in the Fun Room)! They were so cute! Bummer.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 05/06/2003, 12:08 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Are you guys SURE that this happened? When did it happen: during the bloopers in the closing? I think I'll have to watch this sketch (i taped the episode) again to see what i missed, teehee.
Yeah it was running during closing credits... pretty sick stuff, lol...

Old 05/06/2003, 2:04 PM

Well, I'd like him for one time.. but I don't think recurring him would work out, no more than it did for DPTTM and Ron
Old 05/06/2003, 5:57 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
Yeah, after seeing this one again, it was even funnier to me. I loved how he just kept hanging in the doorway in different positions, and saying Greg's name over and over again. So annoying, but funny as hell. I've seen people do that before (just the doorway thing) and it seemed stupid to me, but I never really thought about it before, until now. I don't know, it just cracked me up to see the show dwell on something that most people don't think twice about. Original and funny stuff.
Marvin used to do that in old sketched calling Shelly's name (I think that was her name). It (old Marvin sketches) was funny to me at first then it got boring and repetitive, but this one, now that I rewatched it was kinda funny, maybe because I haven't seen it done in a while.
Old 07/27/2004, 11:20 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #823

Correspondence School
This was alright, a reasonable opening to the show. Not great stuff but at least it was short which is always good for an opener.
2.5/5

Public Schoolhouse Rocks: Substitute Teacher
Another reasonable sketch, it had its funny parts but nothing outstanding.
3/5

Garage Sale
The Michael McDonald/Stephnie Weir paired sketches are usually great but i would have to say i disliked this one mostly because of Michael's performance it was just annoying. As for Stephnie i didnt mind her performance it was actually quite funny but just plagued by a bad performance by Michael, i dunno why someone else couldnt have played the role instead of Michael. Josh didnt really help the sketch either he was just "there" in a more serious role than a comedic one.
2/5

Stuart Meets His Father
So far this season i had been fairly impressed with the bulk of the Stuart sketches for the most part as they were pretty creative and were trying to be different from previous seasons. This sketch wasnt one of those. It just dragged on with the same old stuff and we didnt even see what Stuart's father looked like which made the sketch seem pointless to begin with. The only up side was Mo's laugher and when Stuart says "Look what i can do" Doreen replys with "Seen it" summing up most peoples feelings towards this entire sketch.
1.5/5

Actors Studio/Drama Queen
A little slow to get going but it was good at the end. The part where Dorothy (Stephnie) was going on about having Matthews baby and being all serious was really funny.
3/5

Missy Elliott "Work It"
I dont need to share my views on musical performances, just read my rating and you will get the picture
0/5

Annoying Brother Sirel
Another mediocre sketch and annoying Michael McDonald performance (correct me if im wrong but that makes three for one episode). Admitedly this wasnt so bad as i first thought but it was nothing to really write home about. The parts where Sirel kept saying "Greg" and him leaning in the door way were funny but not enough to save the sketch IMO.
2.5/5

Encore: Whitney Screws Up the Classics (#602)
Debra did the best she could in this sketch despite the poor writing, i dunno whether i would have chose this sketch for an encore if i had the choice.
2.5/5

Close: Stuart Outakes
It seems like they just played various scenes that they cut from the original sketch, a mediocre way to end a mediocre episode.
2.5/5

Overall
This episode felt "lifeless" with only a few cast members trying to carry the entire episode with unsuccessful results IMO. A huge step back from ep #822 where the featured players shined. With only six new sketches in this episode and the first two being relatively short the remaining four were generally too long and mostly unfunny.
4.5/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of the WHO/WHAT SEASON 8 GUIDE

Old 07/28/2004, 8:24 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

I LOVED the Drama Queen Sketch... That was so funny when she went "I'm mowing the lawn, I'm cutting bread, I'm having a baby!"

And of course Whitney Screws up the Classics is a Classic... LOL

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 07/30/2004, 5:48 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Man this episode sucked.

The commercial in the beggining was stupid, repetitive and compeltely annoying.

PSHR was okay, I don't ever find them laugh-out-loud funny, but they are enjoyable.

The sketch with Stephnie as a Texan Quazimodo and Michael as her father was awful, even Stephnie was annoying in it. I got a chuckle out of Steph's appearance and when she tried to immitate her Father walking, but other than that, it was just typical Stephnie talking with a Texan accent and a Michael "character" that is exactly like every other one of his unfunny, insulting, boring characters.

The annoying brother sketch was just annoying, and disgusting- I don't need to see the bulge in Michael's briefs 2 times in an episode, let alone one.

Drama Queen was hilarious, and besides a mediocre PSHR and Encore, was the only saving grace of the episode.

Whitney Screws up the Classics was boring. It wasn't awful like all the Michael-Central sketches in this epiosode, so that's a plus.

Stuart was just dumb. Disgusting, repetitive and stupid.

Overall- Worst episode of Season 8, largely due to Michael McDonald. Granted, this episode seemed really rushed and the only good performance was from Stephnie as Dorothy Lanier, but Michael's annoying character traits and disgusting "costumes" were in full force here. 4/10

Old 11/13/2004, 7:34 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Wow, out of all of the Stuart sketches, I thought this one was one of the better ones, and funny too. Considering it was originally intended to be the last one.