Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/27/2003, 12:16 PM
I'm Content With Losing

My review...

Maximen - I liked this. It was good.

Oprah - LOL! Reminded me of this one Oprah show I saw the other day. "It's time to get out of your fat zone!" It was great!

Golf - I didn't really like this. Dragged on too long.

Stephnie's Neverending Sketch - BEST SKETCH OF THE NIGHT! This was great! Christina showed more talent in it. Loved the lesbians part too.

Rusty This N That - All right. Tolerated it.

Stardates - "I'd rather go out with Gary Coleman! OMG who the hell is this?!?" Mo was great!

ENCORE DPTT Therapy - Nice to see Taran again.

The Honeymooners - I've never seen the show, but I liked this. I agree, everyone had good roles. Ron was pretty good.

Godsmack performance - I liked it. Best performance in years.

Overall- I thought it was a great episode. Everyone in the Neverending Sketch was great. Stephnie, Ron, Christina... nice job. I'll give it a 7.5/10

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november

Old 04/27/2003, 12:27 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Mo and Stephnie stole the show tonight, and prove that they're the two best performers on the show now.
I don't think that's fair to say, considering that most of the regulars were either in minimal roles or completely absent. Debra is still my favorite, but she was only in the Oprah skit. I think that they are just airing one or two of her taped performances per episode, she probably left early.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 04/27/2003, 2:17 PM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

I see Stuart's gonna be in next week's episode

Old 04/27/2003, 3:38 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Just a general comment on the golf sketch...
You won't find this funny unless you understand the difficulty in playing this sport and the frustration you can get out of it too. Watching this sketch reminded me of the golf tournament at my family reunions where some people get sooo mad when they miss an easy putt they have little tantrums. I feel the same way; I just can control my rage when I need too.

Old 04/27/2003, 4:38 PM
Mr. Jessica Alba

I thought this was a really really good episode, and I was surprised because the featured players really dominated, but none of them were annoying. It will be interesting to see who becomes a part of the main cast next season. One thing I found interesting though, was they copied IN LIVING COLOR (don't know if anyone's familiar with it, but it's one of my favorite shows) a lot in this episode. The thing with Oprah blowing up was done during the first season of IN LIVING COLOR, and they had an ongoing segment called "The Honeymooners '93"...it was the same type of comedy...a new take on the show with current pop culture references. Rusty was a little weak, but I wasn't expecting much. Oprah was good but like everyone else, it's going to get tired quick if they don't stop running it into the ground. The best skits in my opinion were the Erectile Dysfunction, Golf Finals, and Dirty Dancing. Stardates and Honeymooners had their moments (I was CRACKING up when Alice and Al were dancing to "Bump Bump Bump") and the encore was so-so. I guess it was one of the better Depressed Tow Truck skits, but that isn't saying much. Over all though, I'd say this was one of the strongest episodes of the season.

Old 04/27/2003, 4:57 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
I don't think that's fair to say, considering that most of the regulars were either in minimal roles or completely absent.
Well I meant of any kind of performers, regular or not.

I know who Jackie Gleason is. The impression is accurate, just annoying. IMO I thought Paul did a much better job in the Mary Tyler Moore sketch.

BTW Madislove, how did Christina continue to impress in the Neverending sketch? She had about two lines! lol
Old 04/27/2003, 6:18 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Yeah, it probably will. I hate This N' That.
I usually hate it too... But this time it actually made me laugh, Rusty wasn't acting like a complete idiot and wasn't laughing silly all the time... But I'm not a fan of this segment & Rusty in general.

Old 04/27/2003, 9:10 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i don't mind this n that with rusty

the one with david boreanaz was pretty funny
Old 04/28/2003, 8:26 PM
Sing: "Fanta! Fanta!"

Quote:
Originally posted by koolboee cdmo87

Close - This was good. For once, Mo kept the straight face while someone else couldn't.

Oh my gosh! That was funny. Mo and Paul made me laugh. In the REAL sketch (not the OUTAKES) Mo was cracking up through the whole ending! From "Mustard Gas" on, she couldn't stop giggling - while "someone else" could!

Funny!!

I love EVERYTHING Stephnie writes, too! She's awesome.
Old 04/29/2003, 3:54 PM
Totally F****able

Loved this episode.......except for Rusty and Persian tow truck man.....I'm not a real big Michael McD fan.........I loved how well the featured players did.....I noticed that they worked really well with Mo, seeings how she's been a regular for some time, it doesn't always work out so well between regulars and featured players so I was extremely impressed.

I loved every sketch except for the aforementioned, I especially loved the Star dates and Neverending sketch......Hilarious esp when Mo got hit by the car.......and Paul was incredible. I saw his Ms Garrett impression on The Rerun Show and I still love it.

BTW did anyone notice Mo headbangin during the Godsmack perforrmance......She was still in the audience even after she introduced them (which was slightly dull), but there's a part during the performance when the camera is behind/to the side of the drummer and you can see out into the audience.........Mo is there headbangin away smack dab in the center of the screen........CHEESILY HILARIOUS AS HELL...........

Other than the obvious downfall of a few episodes.......I'd give this episode a 9/10
Old 04/29/2003, 3:59 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well Mo is a fan of rock music; her husband is in a band just remember so I doubt it was staged (not that I am saying you are suggesting this)! I have it on tape so I'll watch it again to take a look.

Old 04/29/2003, 4:01 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Last season during the Ja Rule performance, when Debra introduced him, she was headbanging too and it was so funny!

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 04/29/2003, 4:26 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Heh, speaking of Ja Rule, its funny how there's this huge battle between him and the 50 Cent. Its on Much Music here all the time, its rather hilarious... I say both draw guns at 10 paces and settle it the old fashioned way!

Old 04/29/2003, 10:06 PM
Right-wing rocker

Maximen - This was short and sweet, so I liked it a lot.

Oprah - I thought I might not like this because the Oprah character is getting way overused and somewhat stale as well, but the whole fat/thin camera thing was hilarious, so I liked this. The only thing I would've changed is the canned peaches as guts. Simply a cheap cop-out on the producers' part.

Golf - I liked this. Finally a sketch NOT involving characters and/or impressions. It was a little too long, but hilarious just the same. I gotta hand it to Ike on this one, this was great.

Stephnie's Neverending Sketch - This I LOVED! It reminded me of that "Lida and Melina" sketch where it keeps being a dream in a dream in a dream. Funny stuff here, and every cast member involved was awesome.

Rusty This N That - I was excited to see Mandy Moore back, because she did a great job when she was on "MADtv" in the past, but this was just stupid. They didn't give Mandy anything to work with, so she was boring as hell (though it wasn't her fault), and I'm sick and tired of Rusty. Please, enough with "This 'n' That" already.

Stardates - This was hilarious. I loved it when Mo got hit by the car. lol!

ENCORE DPTT Therapy - I'm tired of "DPTTM," and of the too-recent sketches used in the "MADtv Encores," so this didn't do anything for me.

The Honeymooners - This was hilarious! It reminded me of "I Love Lucy 2000." Everyone did a great job in this sketch.

Godsmack performance - This was good, but I might be biased because I'm a big Godsmack fan. However, I wish they'd make sure they didn't use a musical performance in every single episode. Too "SNL"-ish. Still good, though.

Overall- I was impressed by this episode. Many of the sketches were actually about everyday things, like "Stephnie's Neverending Sketch," or "Golf." I liked "The Honeymooners" too. Godsmack was awesome. Just a great episode.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 05/11/2003, 6:38 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Question

What is the name of the guy that hosts Star Dates?

Old 05/12/2003, 11:16 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Um Taran was NOT the Stardates host, he was in the DDTTM (Mofaz) sketch.

Old 05/12/2003, 5:06 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Um Taran was NOT the Stardates host, he was in the DDTTM (Mofaz) sketch.
um, thank you for saving me on that one, So what the hell is the name of the star dates host? anybody?

Old 05/12/2003, 6:44 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Taran isn't black I have no idea!

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 05/12/2003, 11:56 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by madislove
Taran isn't black I have no idea!
Was that a hint, cuz I just found out- it's Jodan "Black" : )

I knew I shouldn't have put that in there, I was trying to guess by the credits and it sounded familiar, my bad. What does Taran play on anyway?

Edit: Taran Killam .... MAD TV (2001-2002)

Last edited by MysterE; 05/16/2003 at 9:02 PM.
Old 01/13/2004, 3:08 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: WHO/WHAT 822

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystere
  • Oprah: Thinning Camera (Debra- Oprah Winfrey, Stephnie- Assistant, Paul- Cory Tonkin)
  • Encore: DPTTM: Group Therapy (#723) (Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man Who's Now in Court-Appointed Group Therapy: Michael- DPTTM: Mofaz, Stephnie- Group Leader: Mindy, Andrew- Ed)
i think Ike played the skinny version of paul, and you still haven't listed Taran in the DPTTM Sketch

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!