Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/12/2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Well, given the format of this episode was mostly centered around the commercial parody voting, it was a decent show. I sorta disagreed with the parody winners, I definitely thought that the Madden Popcorn Popper shoulda won. Christina Moore was great as the anchorwoman in the Mickey sketch, as well as in the Dr. Phil segment, not to mention she looked HOT, hehe... The Mr. Folger sketch made me howl, that poem about his balls was freakin amazing... And first time in a LONG time, the musical performance wasn't a disaster, I actually enjoyed it. Yes, it was different, but it was cool IMO. Cloret was pretty good as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Mo Collins appear even once in this episode? I don't recall her at all. Ike, Josh & Ron havent appeared in this and last episode either I think... Oh, the ever revolving door of cast members, hehe...

Old 04/12/2003, 10:57 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
Oh, the ever revolving door of cast members, hehe...

Old 04/13/2003, 1:27 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
Well, given the format of this episode was mostly centered around the commercial parody voting, it was a decent show. I sorta disagreed with the parody winners, I definitely thought that the Madden Popcorn Popper shoulda won. Christina Moore was great as the anchorwoman in the Mickey sketch, as well as in the Dr. Phil segment, not to mention she looked HOT, hehe... The Mr. Folger sketch made me howl, that poem about his balls was freakin amazing... And first time in a LONG time, the musical performance wasn't a disaster, I actually enjoyed it. Yes, it was different, but it was cool IMO. Cloret was pretty good as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Mo Collins appear even once in this episode? I don't recall her at all. Ike, Josh & Ron havent appeared in this and last episode either I think... Oh, the ever revolving door of cast members, hehe...
I have to agree w/ HiVolt here. They did pretty well incorporating the Commercial Parody awards w/ the Anna Nicole Smith red carpet skits. My only gripe about this episode was that all the parody winners were from this season. Yeah, Mo Collins was not in this episode. Is it me, or is the next episode coming in 2 weeks, because I didn't see the commercial for next week's episode. I saw the Rusty w/ Mandy Moore clip before a commercial and it says 'In 2 Weeks'.
Old 04/13/2003, 1:58 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
you're right. also Aries apparently didn't work that day either.

Old 04/13/2003, 2:05 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
you're right. also Aries apparently didn't work that day either.
Mystere's right. Why didn't I notice that?
Old 04/13/2003, 7:39 AM
Get down tonight!

They brought back Vera? Cool.

Old 04/13/2003, 9:23 AM
Regular

I was happy to see Frank had a lot of parts i nthis episode. But his voice in the Dr. Phil sketch was too close to his Bush impression.
Old 04/13/2003, 11:13 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: WHO/WHAT 821 04/12/03

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystere
[*]Vera Magnus the Pychic Lady (Stephnie- Vera, audience)
I don't like this character. She looks & sounds WAY too much like Stephnie's other character, Mrs. Campbell...

Old 04/13/2003, 12:23 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

That episode was awesome. Actually I really don't like the Dr. Phil sketches except for Oprah in disguise but the rest was excellent! I agree that the commercial parodies shouldn't be all from season 8 but all three of them were funny anyway. Anna Nicole Smith was fantastic; you sure can't get tired of that impression very fast. As for the character sketches all of them were great
-Mickey
-Vera Mangus (first time in 2 years)
-Happy Folger (first time in 4 years )
-Cloret
Those 4 are all underused characters which made them more interesting to watch. I actually turned to SNL during the music guest and sorta wished I didn't but that's okay. Michael McDonald, Stephnie Weir and Christina Moore stole the show this week. I'm really starting to like Christina and her portrayel of blond bimbos which are a parody in themselves (like Pat Kilbane did for straightman roles). This episode deserves a 9/10!

Old 04/13/2003, 12:25 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I just remembered that Edge102 said that Godsmack would be playing on MADtv this coming week so yes it is a new episode.

Still to come this season...

Rusty w/ Mandy Moore
Oprah
retro TV show (2003 version)
Marvin/ Nicole Sullivan
Missy Elliott performs
Godsmack performs
possible another Tow Truck Guy
Drama Queen

Old 04/13/2003, 1:41 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Don't worry about Aries and Mo, I don't think it's a sign of anything. Remember, the majority of the new sketches here were Anna Nicole ones. There were only five new other ones, and all of them had very few roles to play (two of the sketches only required one cast member, one had two). Most of the new stuff was character sketches anyway, and basically all the stuff left over is trademark impressions. Besides, there really weren't any roles made for the two. Except for Stedman (and he wouldn't look anything like him anyway), there really weren't any roles here fit for Aries; and except for maybe the woman in the Happy Folger sketch, none for Mo.

The absence thing is strange though. Unlike all the other seasons, almost every cast member has been absent in the season.. Frank hasn't missed, but there are SEVERAL in which he only appears once (briefly). The only one not to miss is Michael.
Old 04/13/2003, 5:06 PM
Geometry Sucks.

Default Re: Re: WHO/WHAT 821 04/12/03

Quote:

I don't like this character. She looks & sounds WAY too much like Stephnie's other character, Mrs. Campbell...
And she also behaves in a way similar to Mrs. Campbell... LOL...
Old 04/13/2003, 5:35 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: WHO/WHAT 821 04/12/03

Quote:
Originally posted by MADMADMAD
And she also behaves in a way similar to Mrs. Campbell... LOL...
Yeah, especially with the "you know hunny...". I don't know why there are two VERY similar characters on the show.

Old 04/13/2003, 5:41 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: WHO/WHAT 821 04/12/03

Quote:

Yeah, especially with the "you know hunny...". I don't know why there are two VERY similar characters on the show.
cuz it's another character for the show and you're not supposed to notice all the similarities.

Old 04/13/2003, 5:44 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

you know what I'd like to see more of is parodies of TV shows, which is what MAD is supposed to be based on anyways.

Old 04/13/2003, 6:40 PM
Christina Aguilera

I liked the Anna Nicole things. Like when she looked in the Secerity TV at herself and said "Look Miss Piggy!"
Old 04/14/2003, 2:20 AM
Regular

Quote:
But his voice in the Dr. Phil sketch was too close to his Bush impression.
I noticed that, too.

Quote:
Except for Stedman (and he wouldn't look anything like him anyway), there really weren't any roles here fit for Aries
He played him before, I think in an Oprah's Book Club sketch.

Old 04/14/2003, 2:51 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
He played him before, I think in an Oprah's Book Club sketch.
You're right.

This episode was again watchable and consistent throughout. I definitely did not agree w/ any of the commercial parody winners except the Ecstasy one. When I was watching the episode again, I noticed something... Spishak and the John Madden Popcorn had a similar theme going around the commercials. I noticed that it was based on all the takes they had to do. For instance, the Spishak one would be doing all the retakes w/ different girls. The John Madden Popcorn would be doing all the retakes, because John Madden keeps messing up. Anyways, I was hoping for 'Just Between Us Girls' and 'Whitney Screws Up Classics' went 1-2, respectively. I'm interested to see where they ended up in the polling. My 3rd pick would've been the Ecstasy one.

Also, I just took a look at the tvguide.com website and this coming week's MAD TV (4/19) is a repeat. I read the description on the episode, and I can't tell which one it is, because the description describes #801, #802, and #803.
Old 04/14/2003, 7:09 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

I thought this last episode was pretty good too. The commercial countdown was much better than the video countdown! MUCH! I liked all of the picks (I voted for Madden).

Dr. Phil was good, but not as funny as usual. Mickey surprised me because I loved that sketch, LOL! Christina did well in it too.

The Anna Nicole stuff was pretty good, although it did start to get old after awhile.

Vera Mangus sounds a lot like Mrs. Campbell, but I still think she's funny. That character isn't shown very much, so it's all good.

Happy Folger...there's a name from the vault! Wow. And it was a funny sketch too.

And Cloret...LOL! Debra does a great job with her! I like this character.

(I also enjoyed SNL with Ray Romano. The last character I ever thought I'd see him doing was a guy who couldn't get enough "bonin'"...LOL! He was surprisingly good! I thought if anyone was going to be reading cue cards, it'd be him, but he didn't. I only saw a few sketches, but the ones I saw were great)

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 04/14/2003, 9:15 AM
Get down tonight!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
-Happy Folger (first time in 4 years )
There was a Happy Folger in season 6, wasn't there?