Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/29/2004, 6:05 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Yeah I know...

Old 06/29/2004, 6:06 PM
Totally F****able

Just trying to clarify, in case you were wondering.

Old 06/29/2004, 11:41 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: WHO/WHAT 819

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz

- Oscar Nominee for "The Hours" (The Others) IS infact the nomination for the Hours. Others/ Hours are 2 different movies, and The Hours was the one with Virginia Wolf that they were parodying. In that sketch, Mo Played Nicole Kidman: Virginia Wolf and Josh played Stephen Dillane: Leonard Wolf.
Thanks for all those...could you write out this sketch for me please?

Old 06/30/2004, 1:44 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: WHO/WHAT 819

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE

Thanks for all those...could you write out this sketch for me please?
What? You mean make a transcript?

Old 06/30/2004, 1:52 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Oscar nominee for The Hours: (The Others) (Frank- Jack Nicholson; Best Actress: Mo- Nichole Kidman)

I don't exactly know how to write it cuz I don't remember the sketch.

Old 07/03/2004, 12:59 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default Review- #819

Gah... I typed this out a few days ago and then accidentally pressed one of the keys at the bottom of the keyboard and the whole thing disappeared. Hate when that happens.

Connie Chung Tonight: Chicago Cast: I agree with everyone who said that this was the best Connie Chung sketch to date. As much as I like the impression, it's a bit lame when the it's thing Bobby is best known for. I liked the Catherine Zeta Jones and Queen latifah impressions here too.
/5

Oscars: Jack Nicholson Presents The Hours: This was good, I haven't actually seen this movie, but I thought Josh and Mo were both very good here. I loved the Jack Nicholson impression too. It's definitely one of Frank's best.
/5

Movie Text Preview: This was sharp satire of those stupid scrolling text ardvertisments. It was too long, and therefore the satire itself came across as kind of annoying, when it really shouldn't. I fast forwarded through this a few days ago when watching it again, and I could still read the text easily.
/5

Mrs. Campbell: Plastic Surgery: This was a great sketch, with good performances from everyone involved. The thing about Stephnie's characters is that I'm noticing they aren't consistent in characteristics. Something about Mrs Campbell seemed different in this sketch, but I've also noticed that both Dot and Dr Kylie differ from sketch to sketch in voice and mannerisms. At least the characters are consistently funny though.
/5

Just Maid in 10 days: This was another good parody. I agree that this episode was a bit Michael and Mo overloaded, but they were both good here. I especially liked Mo's antics when they described who the character could be (Meg Ryan, Sandra Bullock etc.) like crazy-running and walking into pot-plants. It's so typical of those movies. Michael Hitchcock as the voiceover was funny too.
/5

The Al Pacino Experiment: I was actually expecting more from this. The Pacino impression isn't terribly accurate, and can kinda come off as annoying, and the situations weren't terribly funny either. It wasn't awful, though.
/5

Rusty: Hollywood BouleWeird Film Script: This was the first Rusty sketch I've seen, and I don't like him already. This sketch was good though, it had a strong premise, good acting from everyone involved and location filming is always a nice surprise.
/5

Real Mother****ing Oscar Talk: Oscars: I like these sketches more than alot of other recurring segments on the show, and for me, it's one of Aries' saving graces. He's not terribly funny in these, but he's never terrible, and the addition of Tommy Davidson is always great. The guy is awesome. Debra and Fred Willard put in good performances too.
/5

Woody Allen Teen Sex Comedy: Annie, Hall Moniter: This was somewhat of a weird sketch, but it worked. In this episode in particular, it showed great originality like alot of the other sketches. I thought Ron's impression was very good, Josh's impression was okay and Christina's impression was accurate, although it doesn't seem like she put in any effort or does impressions that might be a challenge for her. (Shannon Elizabeth is a terrible actress who sounds like she is reading her lines from a cue card) Alot of her performaces seem very mediocre. Christina doesn't have much range, but this sketch worked.
.5/5

ENCORE - Rick new friend: This was great! I loved this sketch. Granted, I haven't seen alot of Phil's MADtv work, but what I have seen has been very good and I've liked it all. This was no exception, and the inclusion of Queen latifah was great.
It seems like they wrote sketches around guests back then rather than just sticking them in random sketches most of the time, like they do now.
/5

Close: Rusty: This was okay.

Overall: This was a very good episode, arguably one of the strongest from season 8 that I have seen. Alot of sketches had very original and creative ideas behind them, and that is what I felt made this episode succeed. The recurring characters (Rusty, Mrs Campbell, Real MF talk) all had great writing and aren't *totally* overused, so it was good. Everyone in this episode put in great performances, so I give this episode:
.5/10

Last edited by Dartanian; 07/03/2004 at 8:24 PM.
Old 01/18/2005, 7:06 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

The "my girlfriend bleaches her own butthole" line in the Hours parody sketch kept me laughing for a long time. Frank's Jack Nicholson is awesome.