Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/11/2003, 2:28 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S08E18 (Aired 2003-03-15)

Cast: Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir, Debra Wilson

Featuring: Ike Barinholtz, Josh Meyers, Christina Moore, Ron Pederson, Paul Vogt

Guest Starring: Trish Stratus, Eric Idle

Special Appearance: Jason Earles, Paul Vato, Michael Hitchcock [MADtv Writer]
  • Reality Check: Michael Jackson (Debra- Tovah McQueen, Aries- Belma Buttons/Michael Jackson, Frank- Debbie Rowe)
  • Sorority Row: Kappa Salutes Our Workers (Trish Stratus- Paris, Debra- Hayden, Stephnie- Mackenzie, Mo- Tobey, Frank- Paris (Before), Paul- Marshall)
  • The Other Half (Frank- Danny Bonaduce, Ron- Dick Clark, Mo- Judy Gumpers)
  • Steve Wellington: Swirly Time #1 (Ike- Steve Wellington, Jason Earles, Josh- Squanto, Frank, Bobby- Beaver)
  • Grand Theft Auto, The Game Show (Frank- Rod Roddy, Ron- Lyle Chockerson, Stepnie- Cathy Borden, Bobby- Toby Morimoto, Paul- Tom Keeher, Christina, Paul Vato)
  • Entertainment Tonight: (Mo- Mary Hart, Michael- Bob Goen, Stephnie- Jann Carl, Michael Hitchcock [MADtv Writer]- Leonard Maltin, Ike- Joe Millionaire, Josh- Ashton Kutcher, Christina- Brittany Murphy, Ron- Mark Steines)
  • The Tonight Show: Gay Animal Trainer (Frank- Jay Leno, Aries- Kevin Eubanks, Mo- Penny Marshal, Eric Idle- Rupert)
  • Encore: Lords of the Bling (#718) (Debra- Lil' Kim: Froho Bagguns, Aries- William Cosby: Randolf the Wizard, Ice Cube- Tokie, Jay-Z- Resin, Stephnie- White Lil' Kim: White Froho Bagguns)
  • Close: Steve Wellington: Swirly Time #2 (Frank)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/14/2010 at 7:53 PM.

Old 03/15/2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Well, this episode was alright. I liked Grand Theft Auto, Sorority Row, Jay Leno the most I guess... Is it just me, or have they stopped labelling the encores, and just sneak them in as if they were a part of the episode? Last week the encore wasn't labelled as such, and neither was this week's.... Strange.

Old 03/15/2003, 10:22 PM
Right-wing rocker

OK, here's my review of tonight's episode of MADtv.

Reality Check, Michael Jackson-This was pretty good. It could have been a tad shorter, but that's OK. For once in a long time, I liked an impression that Aries did. He has the Michael Jackson thing down pat. He captured all of Jackson's effeminate mannerisms, and self-damning statements. The make-up here was excellent too. Frank held up pretty well as the kind of "straight man" here. Overall, a pretty good sketch.

KKK: Sorority Row-This was alright. I guess I'm getting a bit tired of recurring characters, but it wasn't bad. Debra, Mo, Stephnie, and that Trish lady did pretty well. I did like the part when their house mother fell down the stairs, and how they repeatedly shocked Paul. It was OK, but again, not crazy about this one.

The Other Half-This didn't start off well with me. I didn't really find the "you're so ancient" jokes to be all that funny, but this one got better as it went on. Mo and Frank were good, and I liked seeing Dick Clark fall to pieces. Overall, a pretty good sketch. Best of all, it didn't last too long.

Swirly Time-I didn't like this one too much. It was just a dumb high school kid prank sketch, and I didn't find it too inventive. Just didn't sit well with me. I'd also like to see Ike and Josh do less with each other to see how they work with others more.

Grand Theft Auto the Game Show-This one I liked. Stephnie was, as usual, her great, hilarious self, and she nailed the physical humor to a tee in this sketch. I was impressed by Bobby as well, with his facial expressions, even though he didn't live through most of the sketch. Paul was pretty medicore here, though. I also liked Frank's expressions and mannerisms as the TV show announcer. This was definately a MADtv spin on pop culture today, and it made me think of the classic days of MADtv. It also showed that MAD isn't afraid to be a bit violent and controversial. The one thing I really could have done without, though, was the dumb disclaimer at the end. Anyone with half a brain knew that MADtv wasn't just showing violence for the hell of it, and that the were really making fun of how media-driven our society is today. Other than that, though, I was really impressed with this.

E.T.-This was alright. I didn't really like the Brittany Murphy and Ashton Kutcher sex scenes, but I loved Mo's impression, and Mike's wasn't too shabby either. Especially that one giggle he let out. Classic. Another thing I liked was the "celebrities celebrating periods today" thing. That was funny.

The Tonight Show: Gay Animal Trainer-This one was pretty good. I LOVED Frank's Jay Leno impression, he sounds just like him, and his facial expressions were great. As usual, Mo's Penny Marshall was excellent too. I also thought the "gay animal song" was pretty funny. My only complain is, I'm getting a little tired of just recurring characters and impressions. I'd like to see MADtv get a little more creative. Overall, though, good sketch.

MADtv Encore: Lords of the Bling-I like this sketch, but I am really sick of seeing MADtv encores all the time. I'd prefer if the encores were fewer and farther between, and I'd like to see older sketches when they do encore something. I wasn't too happy about this tonight.

Overall-This was a pretty good episode. A VAST improvement from last week's train wreck, definately. I would like to see less recurring characters and impressions, but I already said that. I also would like to see less sketches being played over to fill up space. I'd also like it if they wouldn't put Debra in stereotypically "black" roles so often, she has great range and they should use it more often. However, pretty good episode, and the cast did well.

That was Erin's MADtv review, and I am through!

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/15/2003, 11:11 PM
Travis aka... God!

Eh, I'll just copy Erin's format for my review.

Reality Check: Michael was almost as freaky as he is in real life. And Aries did a good job of imitating him IMO.

KKK: This was an alright sketch. The best part was when their house mother started carrying all of their luggage. lol

The Other Half:
Quote:
This didn't start off well with me. I didn't really find the "you're so ancient" jokes to be all that funny, but this one got better as it went on. Mo and Frank were good, and I liked seeing Dick Clark fall to pieces. Overall, a pretty good sketch. Best of all, it didn't last too long.
I'm not sure how to say it, but I basically agree with Erin on this one.

Swirly Time: lol, this was kind of stupid and they could have done something better with their time, but some things are just so stupid that they are almost funny. this was almost one of them. lol, if that happens to make any sense at all I applaude myself.

Grand Theft Auto The game show: This one was the best tonight. It was a funny twist of game shows with violent video games. I was a little surprised when Stephanie just turned with the chainsaw and mowed down that guy right away. Violence can be bliss. hehe

ET: I haven't seen this show in a while, but this was amusing to me because of the "stuff" they were talking about along with the name "Entertainment Tonight". lol *Isn't sure how stupid this makes him look*

The Tonight Show: This one was awesome too. Gayness can be really funny if used properly. During the sketch I was busy wondering what sexual acts the "Gay animal trainer" performs with his "gay animals". Especially what he'd be doing with the cockattoo!! hehe

MADtv Encore - The Lord of the Blings: I liked this one. I'm not sure what to say about it though. What Erin was saying about being sick of encores isn't really getting to me since I have not been watching the show lately like a dutiful MADtv fan should. lol

Overall:
Quote:
This was a pretty good episode. A VAST improvement from last week's train wreck, definately. I would like to see less recurring characters and impressions, but I already said that. I also would like to see less sketches being played over to fill up space. I'd also like it if they wouldn't put Debra in stereotypically "black" roles so often, she has great range and they should use it more often. However, pretty good episode, and the cast did well.
It was a good episode overall. I didn't catch last weeks "train wreck" so I can't compare, but I know I've seen many better episodes than this one. And about Debra in the stereotypical "black" roles. Those can be really funny so I understand why they use her like that, but I agree that there are a lot of other roles she could play that would also suit her quite well.

BTW Erin, that was an awesome review.

Old 03/15/2003, 11:15 PM
Right-wing rocker

Thanks Travis!

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/16/2003, 6:43 AM
Totally F****able

I missed this one............well all but like five minutes of it. (damn mac n cheese!) I saw the tail end of the ET sketch and I was unhappy that I missed the rest of the show that I watched the first 10 seconds of the leno sketch then i just turned it off. .

Was it even remotely funny??? Should I be bummed for missing this one or should I just suck it up and move on and wait for next week?
Old 03/16/2003, 9:31 AM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

I'd say this episode was the worst of the season. Michael was in only one sketch..that ET parody. Grand Theft Auto was okay but it dragged on too long. Frank as Jay Leno was good but when that Eric Idle person came I was falling asleep cuz it was boring. The only good thing was Frank break dancing in the end. Then he gave himself a swirly.

Old 03/16/2003, 9:33 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Ah come on, you can't judge an episode bad just because your favourite castmember was only in one sketch... It was a decent episode, not the best, but definitely not bad.

Old 03/16/2003, 9:49 AM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

No, it wasn't the fact that Mike wasn't in it a lot. It was the fact that the sketches were boring. Grand Theft Auto got a little out of hand. The Other Half sketch was really stupid. The KKK sketch was okay..Mo's the funny one there. Her thong was showing at one time :p

Old 03/16/2003, 11:03 AM
I'm Content With Losing

Yeah, Mo was the funny one in the KKK sketch. "I have to go see my dealer" LOL

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 03/16/2003, 2:36 PM
Geometry Sucks.

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMcDonaldGrl
I'd say this episode was the worst of the season. Michael was in only one sketch..that ET parody. Grand Theft Auto was okay but it dragged on too long. Frank as Jay Leno was good but when that Eric Idle person came I was falling asleep cuz it was boring. The only good thing was Frank break dancing in the end. Then he gave himself a swirly.
Are you kidding? Last night's episode was spectacular. And oh, really, how can you judge this episode as bad when you said that Mike's Dr. Phil impersonation was great? Last night's episode was one of my favorites from season eight, and I laughed hysterically while watching sketch after sketch. Definitely not a bad episode. And you say that you fell asleep while watching the Jay Leno sketch. That probably means that you were so tired that you couldn't watch a sketch without dozing off.
Old 03/16/2003, 3:59 PM
Totally F****able

ok now all I need are a few vidcaps from last night's episode and I'm a happy woman
Old 03/16/2003, 4:32 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by MADMADMAD
Are you kidding? Last night's episode was spectacular. And oh, really, how can you judge this episode as bad when you said that Mike's Dr. Phil impersonation was great? Last night's episode was one of my favorites from season eight, and I laughed hysterically while watching sketch after sketch. Definitely not a bad episode. And you say that you fell asleep while watching the Jay Leno sketch. That probably means that you were so tired that you couldn't watch a sketch without dozing off.
I agree, last night's episode was good. I thought "Grand Theft Auto" was especially funny.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/16/2003, 5:16 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Yeah Grand Theft Auto was a good sketch.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 03/16/2003, 6:48 PM
Geometry Sucks.

Here's my review:

Reality Check with Michael Jackson: Tovah McQueen and Belma Buttons (Debra Wilson and Aries Spears, respectively) return once again to give another poor soul a down-south Reality Check-- this time, they're dishing out insults to Michael Jackson (Aries Spears) via satellite camera. Unfortunately for Jackson, almost anything he fesses up in his documentary ends up as an insult premise for Tovah and Belma; when Michael Jackson claims that he has only had two plastic surgeries, Belma snaps back and tells him yes, he's only had only two plastic surgeries-- one from 1987 to 1994 and one from 1995 to 2003. And when Jacko claims that his sleep-overs with prepubescent boys were nothing but sexual, Tovah and Belma make derisive jokes against his sexual dexterity, repeatedly making references to his small pecker. Fed up with Tovah and Belma's churlish insults, Jackson tells Tovah that "the only people she's had in bed are Ben and Jerry, Betty Crocker, Aunt Jemima, Captain Crunch, and Colonel Sanders." And like any other Reality Check segment, (not insinuating that last night's skit was just another run-of-the-mill recurring character sketch, quite the contrary.) Tovah and Belma end up insulting Jacko until his pasty skin turns whiter than ever. This was definitely a highlight of last night's episode, it turns out that the writers have finally succeeded in turning a sketch with an excellent premise into an excellent sketch. Kudos to Aries, Debra, and Frank for putting great performances into the show, and many thanks to Tovah and Belma for granting Jackson a big 'ole slice of truth and a side of wisdom. After all, we've always wanted to see Jackson turn whiter than a sheet-- but not through the aid of plastic surgery.

Favorite Quotes: "I've touched children! I've touched children all around the world!" --Michael Jackson
Weight: 2.5
Rating: 10/10

Sorrority Row: Kappa Kappa Kappa's salute to workers - The high-spirited KKK girls (Debra Wilson, Stephnie Weir, Mo Collins, and Trish Status) are back, and once again, they're burning down the house-- not like the other KKK, of course. We're first introduced to Paris (Trish Status), a new KKK sorrority girl who's just returned from a long pleasure trip of rhinoplasties and breast implants; but shortly after, the girls start a documentary saluting the people who have graciously slaved themselves night and day for the benefit of the KKK member house-- that would be none other than the KKK workers. We meet a senior citizen constantly neglected and taken advantage of by the girls, a "tutor" who turns out to be nothing more than a well-endowed janitor, and a mentally ill housemaid (Paul Vogt) who the girls shock with a taser every now and then to control his fits of violence. This segment was definitely one of the better Sorrority Row sketches, and for once, Paul Vogt's screaming and yelling turned out to be funny. The brilliant physical humor in this segment was evident, and it's wonderful to see unadulterated writing once again on the show. Thumbs way up, I expect to see more recurring segments like this in the future.

Weight: 3

The Other Half: For once in a long time, MADtv spoofs NBC's worst syndicated daytime talk show; Dick Clark (Mike McDonald, was it?) and Mario Lopez (Frank Caliendo) repeatedly make half-baked anti-geriatric jokes against each other, ignore their guest host (Mo Collins), and laugh hysterically as parts of Dick Clark's body decompose and fall off. Then we find out that Dick Clark is actually the evil Mummy "Amenophus" who was brought back from ancient Egypt to ruin all mankind. The sketch started out great; Frank Caliendo's jokes against old people were even funnier than the jokes that Phyllis Diller cracked in the "Cabana Chat" sketch of season three, and Phyllis was very funny when she guest starred. Like earlier "Oprah" segments, this sketch started out funny and broke the speed bump by running off into a bizaare (yet hilarious) segment that made no sense whatsoever but still made you laugh over and over until it hurt. And yes, this segment was very unusual, but it turns out that a sketch comedy doesn't need forced jokes to be funny, despite what many SNL fans claim. Two thumbs up, and two extra thumbs for Dick Clark whose thumbs have already fallen off and crumbled into dust.

Weight: 4

Swirly Time: God save us, it's another sketch written by Josh Meyers and Ike Barinholtz. The two swirly-time high school students (Josh Meyers and Ike Barinholtz) terrorize a pocket-protector wearing nerd and dunk the heads of two band geeks (Bobby Lee and Frank Caliendo) into nearby bathroom toilets. After a hilarious ensemble of entertaining and well-directed sketches, it's very disappointing to see this episode burst into flames before the end of the first half-hour. What happened to the great acting and superb performances that gave light to words "Ike and Josh"? It's not like anyone's supposed to laugh while watching a pointless skit that revolves around bad jokes and horrible premises-- except for one thing-- this skit had NO jokes, and I'm ashamed to call that lump of mediocrity that was the foundation of this sketch a premise. And it's extremely annoying that they've thrown in another bad sketch written by Josh and Ike after that horrible excuse for a sketch "Dating Your Mom." Two thumbs down.

Weight: 2
Rating: 5/10

Grand Theft Auto, the Game Show: Well, it looks like this episode's good name has been refurnished. After the video game industry became a huge success by releasing "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City," the game show industry has decided to wreck cars and rob old ladies for itself; Rod Roddy (Frank Caliendo) gives his three contestants (Stephnie Weir, Bobby Lee, and Paul Vogt) a chainsaw, a baseball bat, and a gun; setting them loose into the audience to steal other peoples' cash and to create coercive violence to the delight of the studio audience. Need a description? Imagine Hannibal Lecter in front of a "Jerry Springer" studio audience with direct access to an ammunitions store. Yes, it's very violent. The violent slapstick humor in this segment was evident; this skit wasn't as funny as the "Kenny Rogers' Jackass" segments of seasons six and seven, but it was still very funny all the same. Thumbs up, and watching deranged game show contestants hacking each other to bits was a pleasure in itself.

Weight: 3.5

Entertainment Tonight: "Just Married" - The crew of Entertainment Tonight (Mike McDonald, Mo Collins, Frank Caliendo, Ike Barinholtz) unleashes a half-witted expose on the latest movie, "Just Married;" first, we're treated to a creme de la creme film critic's cherished words concerning the movie "Just Married"-- if you consider screaming and laughing profusely after watching a short movie trailer cherished words. Next, ET releases a half-baked interview between "Joe Millionaire's" Evan Merriot (Ike Marinholtz), Ashton Kutcher, and Brittany Murphy; but this so-called interview turns out to be nothing more than a make out scene between Kutcher and Murphy. The ET crew then utters a few sentences about problems in third world countries, and later on the crew of ET compiles a huge list of female celebrities who have recently had their periods. This segment turned out to be an excellent parody of "Entertainment Tonight"; watch the real show for yourself and you'll find out that it's not very different from the MADtv parody. Seriously, I'd rather watch this sketch over and over than catch some boring array of forced jokes on SNL's "Weekend Update." A superb sketch, and great performances from castmembers. What more can I ask for?

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: Jay Leno (Frank Caliendo) returns; this time, his guest is a wrinkled, debilitated old has-been; yes, it's Penny Marshall, better known as "Laverne" from "Laverne and Shirley." As the segment progresses, Jay Leno repeatedly forces bad jokes that only amuse his drummer (Aries Spears) and Penny Marshall sits down on her chair, making amusing attempts to answer Leno's confusing questions (Imagine Lorraine trying to pronounce "asthmatic."). Leno's second guest is a gay animal trainer (Eric Idle)-- not a homosexual animal trainer, of course, but a trainer of gay animals-- who sings an ode his queer friends in the animal kingdom. Frank's Leno impression was excellent (and far better than Will Sasso's), and the same applies to Mo Collins' Penny Marshall impersonation. As the bulk of this segment, Eric Idle's ode to queer animals was very funny; I enjoyed him in Monty Python, and he turned out excellent as a guest star on MADtv. Really, who needs to tune in to SNL after MADtv when you've just watched a spectacular episode? You wouln't want sleep disturbances before waking up on Sunday.

Encore: Lords of the Bling - Tolkien fans, look out-- there's a new hobbit in town. Fro-ho (L'il Kim, played by Debra Wilson) the black hobbit finds a bling, but Gandalf the Wizard (Bill Cosby, played by Aries Spears) warns her not to wear it. After much disagreement between Froho and Gandalf, the duo and two other crack-addicted hobbits (extras) end up on a mission to hock the bling in a pawn shop located deep inside the land of Mordor. Along the way, Fro-ho beats up the Lady Galadriel (Missy Elliot, played by Aries Spears), meets Legolas the elf (Sisqo, played by Aries Spears) who uses his poor usage of a bow and arrow to scare Ringwraiths (the Ku Klux Klan) away, and ends up involved in a battle scene where Legolas makes out with a Uruk-hai. Frustrated over her desire to wear the bling, Frodo finally puts it on her finger and turns into a white woman (Stephnie Weir). I laughed hysterically the first time that I saw this segment, and I laughed even louder the second time. You probably won't laugh very hard if you've never watched the "Lord of the Rings" series, but I have, and the concept of stereotypical black celebrities terrorizing Middle-earth was funny in itself; imagine what would really happen if the Ringraiths in "The Lord of the Rings" were really members of the Ku Klux Klan. Thumbs up for a hilarious sketch, and props to MADtv for airing a great encore.

Weight: 3.5

Overall Score: (2.5 x 10) + (3 x 10) + (4 x 10) + (2 x 5) + (3.5 x 10) + (4 x 10) + (4 x 10) + (3.5 x 10) / (2.5 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 3.5 + 4 + 4 + 3.5)

9.6/10. Or 10/10 to the nearest interger. Stupid, isn't it? I really need to learn how to condense my summaries.
Old 03/16/2003, 6:52 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

1.) Ron played Dick Clark

2.) Swirly Time wasn't written by Ike and Josh, although I noticed that Ike was named Steve Wellington like he was in that Detention sketch.
Old 03/16/2003, 6:57 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Blech, another mediocre episode. I'll give a very brief review, cuz I don't have time right now to write anything major.

Reality Check: Michael Jackson - Probably my favorite sketch of the night. All performances were excellent. Not as good as many of the older Reality Check sketches, but not bad. Aries and Frank were good as Michael & Debbie (I think that's her name).

Sorority Row: Employees - Good, but I think that these sketches have been sort of run to the ground by now. It was funny, but it has been overused this season and always follows the exact same format. Mo is by far the standout cast member in these skits.

The Other Half - Blah. Just blah.

Swirly Time - Anything starring Ike and Josh together in the same skit always is horrible. Another blah.

Grand Theft Auto - Stephnie was great. I thought the premise was a little stupid, but overall it was an okay sketch.

E.T. - The main thing I liked about it was Mo as Mary Hart, she redeemed the sketch. Just like in the Steven Segal sketch in season 6, the impression is hilarious and saved an otherwise bad skit. The Ashton and Brittany impressions were awful.

The Tonight Show: Gay Animal Trainer- I love Frank's Jay Leno impression, it is the best I have ever seen and my favorite impression that Frank does. It is PERFECT. Mo was good, the gay animal trainer wasn't very funny. This was okay.

MADtv Encore: Lords of the Bling - It was fairly good the first time, not good enough to be an encore.

Overall - Mo saved this episode and it could possibly be one of her best episodes this season. Otherwise it was just okay. Debra was underused and also misused in her first episode in a few weeks. No musical performance, which was nice. I'll give it a 5/10. Not great, just so-so.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 03/16/2003, 7:02 PM
Regular

Question

I must agree with your review but I'm sure that Dick Clark was played by Ron Pederson. Yikes looks like he was also in Grand Theft Auto & Entertainment Tonight
Old 03/16/2003, 7:24 PM
Geometry Sucks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Blech, another mediocre episode. I'll give a very brief review, cuz I don't have time right now to write anything major.

Reality Check: Michael Jackson - Probably my favorite sketch of the night. All performances were excellent. Not as good as many of the older Reality Check sketches, but not bad. Aries and Frank were good as Michael & Debbie (I think that's her name).

Sorority Row: Employees - Good, but I think that these sketches have been sort of run to the ground by now. It was funny, but it has been overused this season and always follows the exact same format. Mo is by far the standout cast member in these skits.

The Other Half - Blah. Just blah.

Swirly Time - Anything starring Ike and Josh together in the same skit always is horrible. Another blah.

Grand Theft Auto - Stephnie was great. I thought the premise was a little stupid, but overall it was an okay sketch.

E.T. - The main thing I liked about it was Mo as Mary Hart, she redeemed the sketch. Just like in the Steven Segal sketch in season 6, the impression is hilarious and saved an otherwise bad skit. The Ashton and Brittany impressions were awful.

The Tonight Show: Gay Animal Trainer- I love Frank's Jay Leno impression, it is the best I have ever seen and my favorite impression that Frank does. It is PERFECT. Mo was good, the gay animal trainer wasn't very funny. This was okay.

MADtv Encore: Lords of the Bling - It was fairly good the first time, not good enough to be an encore.

Overall - Mo saved this episode and it could possibly be one of her best episodes this season. Otherwise it was just okay. Debra was underused and also misused in her first episode in a few weeks. No musical performance, which was nice. I'll give it a 5/10. Not great, just so-so.
Really, a 5/10? Did you stick through every skit, or did you just stare at the television screen blankly without paying attention? I laughed hysterically while watching many sketches of last night's episode, it helps if you're wide-awake. Well, we all have different opinions.
Old 03/16/2003, 7:31 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Really, a 5/10? Did you stick through every skit, or did you just stare at the television screen blankly without paying attention? I laughed hysterically while watching many sketches of last night's episode, it helps if you're wide-awake. Well, we all have different opinions.
Swear to God, I was wide awake the whole time. I always pay very close attention. It just wasn't a "wow" episode for me. It was much better than last week's episode. But again, I grade it as 10 being amazing and 1 being horrible. 5 means mediocre. Nothing this season has been a 10 in my opinion. Many episodes in past seasons have though.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson