Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1316?
Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song" 0 0%
Dr. Phil: The Spears Family 6 18.75%
Spin Up! 0 0%
24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro 1 3.13%
Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey 1 3.13%
Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre 3 9.38%
Fave 5: Simon Cowell 0 0%
Castmate Elimination Show 1 3.13%
Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game 1 3.13%
Sesame Street: Economic Depression 11 34.38%
Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles 0 0%
Luann Lockhart: The Return 8 25.00%
Commercial: Feed the Babies 0 0%
Closing: Keegan & Cast/Coach Hines Outtakes 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/29/2008, 5:41 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

We have 7000+ registered members, yet we have difficulty churning out 15 reviews. Heh. Makes you wonder...

Old 05/29/2008, 2:56 PM
Hardcore Fan

As far as I can tell, the 11.5 or so reviews we've done for this episode is about an all-time high. We'd get to 15 if some of the veteran posters actually helped out.
Old 05/29/2008, 10:18 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Folks please understand that now that the season is over, things here on the forum tend to slow down. It's going to be somewhat quiet until more information leaks out about season 14.

Old 05/30/2008, 4:28 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Heh yeah I can see. Things are going slow, but I expect it'll pick up eventually!
Old 06/03/2008, 3:54 PM
Hardcore Fan

Oh boy... totally forgot about mine... I'll give this episode another look and [hopefully] really finish it this time.
Old 06/04/2008, 7:27 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Take your time, take your time!

Though blackwind's promised secret seems like a bleak impossibility now. Heh.
Old 06/04/2008, 10:56 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Effective immediately, my reviewing days are over, and I'm done with the site for the foreseeable future. There will be no #1316 review, there will be no surprise, and there will be no explanation. Sorry, folks.

Old 06/05/2008, 1:12 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Whaaaat?

Oh well, everything happens for a reason, and I guess we shouldn't probe further. Peace, dude.
Old 06/05/2008, 3:39 PM
Hardcore Fan

Well.. I guess I wont bother then.
Old 06/14/2008, 12:43 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Effective immediately, my reviewing days are over, and I'm done with the site for the foreseeable future. There will be no #1316 review, there will be no surprise, and there will be no explanation. Sorry, folks.
random. Just saw this, hope all is well!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 08/05/2008, 10:52 PM
Hardcore Fan

too late, but posting anyway.

Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song"- solid. nothing to complain about here. 4/5

Dr. Phil: The Spears Family- another funny sketch. does laughing every time Nicole sings a line make me a bad person? I hope not. 5/5

Spin Up!- yeah, I get the joke. where this fails is to really make me laugh, because everything seems like you're straining to crap it out like poop. Daheli's crazy drug-addict mom is the only redeemer here. 2/5

24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro- easily the best 24 to date, but I've more or less been quite indifferent about all the other ones, so that's not saying too much. 3.5/5

Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey- filler, but in stark contrast to most of what we've been seeing lately, GOOD filler. 4/5

Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre- Coach Hines? Twice every season? I can deal. Once every eight episodes? Also acceptable. But SEVEN minutes of nonsensical insults, potty humor, and repetitive gags is pushing my limits. I'll admit there's good stuff here, but in the end it's too overmined to really be enjoyable. 3/5

Fave 5: Simon Cowell- hi, Michael. 3.5/5

Castmate Elimination Show- Would they really send Bobby off this way? I hoped not, and I'm not spoiling it. It turned out nice, though, and Dan is obviously great as.....well, if you're a real fan, you'll see where I'm going. 4.5/5

Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game- Mature video games as a family board game is an automatic + for being original. Likewise, I enjoyed the sketch quite a bit, but not as much as I would hope. Like everyone has been saying all season, this is not good enough, but then again, Season 12 was the best season in years, so we can deal. 3.5/5

Sesame Street: Economic Depression- Crapload of innovative jokes here and everything I'd expect from Sesame Street. Too bad Jordan's gone now. Big Bird died. 5/5

Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles- they always come in trios, don't they? 3.5/5

Luann Lockhart: The Return- It seems like over the time, Luann lost her miserable and gained a lot of whininess. Still, though, I mean, it's LUANN. Why am I even complaining? 3.5/5

Commercial: Feed the Babies- Considering my background of frequent parental school loans, this was good at first, then progressively got more insulting than funny. Now my fingers twitch over the fast forward on my iPod as I silently ponder if this is worth watching anymore. 1.5/5

Closing: Well, what do you know-- the outtakes are funny this time! 3/5

NUTSHELLED: this may have been one of the most questionable seasons of MAD, but you guys pulled it together and ended with a bang. I'm happy that I enjoyed this episode, and hope you guys come back for Season 14 with new ideas and old reflections.
I should probably give this an 8/10, but I expect MORE from you guys next season, and Feed the Babies still blows my mind into chunks, so I'll leave it at a solid 7.5/10. Thanks for a fun year.
Old 09/03/2008, 12:37 PM
n4yr

Some of you might think I'm crazy reviewing this episode, well I'm gonna do it anywayz
==========================================================
Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song"---Don't know what to say about this one. I assumed that they're parodying some commercial that I've never seen.--- I guess I'll give it 2/5

Dr. Phil: The Spears Family---This was actually pretty good, lol at all the babies Jmaie-Lynn had, but the Barbara Walters bit wasnt that good--- hmm 4.5/5

Spin Up!--- This was kinda dumb. I know that there's a lot of stupid dance movies out there but meh--- 2/5

24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro---OMG Stop doing these. I'm tired of looking at Bobby's half-naked body. The growth he had was extremely gross.--- 1/5

Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey---pointless filler ---no rating

Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre---Ugggh I hate Coach HInes, why is he so popular??? Was tehre even a point to this skecth??--- 1.5/5

Fave 5: Simon Cowell---more pointless filler ---no rating

Castmate Elimination Show---This was pretty good. This was when the show got better. Funny how Bobby wasnt actually eliminated as he ended up staying, and also a good parody of that stripper guy from American Idol---4/5

Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game---I loved this, not as good as GTA: The Game Show but still good. 5/5

Sesame Street: Economic Depression---Yay I missed these so much this season. 5/5

Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles---nothing to say---no rating

Luann Lockhart: The Return---YES She's back and as funny as ever. And Keegan's intro was pretty good too (when I'm not rehearsing my lines or shaving my head, lol, his head is so shiny) 5/5

Feed the Babies---ugg enough of the pointless filler and this wasnt very funny either---no rating

===========================================================

All in All- I'd say this was probably one of the best season finales in MADtv history. It wasnt chaulked full of overdone recurring characters. It had no encores and no Aries to close the show.--- 4/5

==================================================

Final skecthes:

Michael McDonald: GTA Board Game--at least it wasnt Stuart, Rusty, Marvin Tikvah or DPTTM- sad to see him go, an OK final performance

Jordan Peele: Sesame Street: The last we get to see him is in a costume but still good performance as always. He's the one I'll miss the most in season 14

Dan Oster: Sesame Street: Two minor roles as cookie monster and vocabular boy. Sub par final performance. I'll miss Dan a lot as well, he really could have great.

Daheli Hall: Spin Up: Anotehr small role- she never seemed to get any large roles this season. Just anotehr Anjelah, Melissa, Spencer and Brooke. She never did anythign too spectacular this year, let's hope Erica gets better roles.

It's sad to see these four go but the show must go on and I wish the best of luck to all of them on any future projects.

It's going to be sad re-watching this on Saturday and thinking "this is last time I'll ever see him/her"