Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/23/2003, 3:06 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

So what skit DID Ron play in on this episode?

Old 07/23/2003, 5:33 PM
0ld sk00l

I dont think he was in that episode...hmmm maybe I should watch that one again- I'm pretty sure he wasn't in it!

My Fanfics
Old 07/23/2003, 8:47 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Ok, but if he's listed in the opening credits as a featured player, he has to be in the episode.

Old 07/23/2003, 9:38 PM
0ld sk00l

yeah thats what I thought too... hmm....

My Fanfics
Old 05/25/2004, 5:44 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #814

People's Court – Fightin’ Ron vs. Marvin Tikvah
I liked this one, it was a different idea which i think suceeded for the most part. Good stuff.
3/5

Fox Reality Show Lies
This was good, short and to the point. Some parts were so stupid it was funny "We promised a homeless man a club sandwich, but instead we gave him a knuckle sandwich" .
3/5

Sorority Row Games
It seemed strange with only three members of the KKK but i thought they pulled it off without a fourth member. The funniest part was when they were running down the street with a flaming torch and the black family thought they were the real KKK.
3/5

Road Runner “That Wacky Iraqi”
This was great, a good cross over idea. They really captured the elements of the "Road Runner" cartoons well.
3.5/5

Joe Millionaire Preview (Missing from Mystere's Episode Guide)
This was kinda stupid it felt sort of outta place but i guess it was supposed to be a preview for the next episode.
2/5

CBS Fat Guy Mondays
This was disgusting, especially when your eating breakfast
3/5

Reality Check: Trent Lott
This was ok, consisted of the usual put downs and jokes. Nothing that new here.
2.5/5

Spishak’s Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! 98!
Lol a very funny sketch, this one is probably my favorite of the newer Spishak sketches. The transcript for this is here
4/5

Shaq Time!
This was pretty dumb, it didn't really have much of a point to it. Although Frank was funny in this.
1.5/5

Drama Queen: Purse Snatcher
This wasn't as good as i expected it to be for some reason. It was still funny but something about it seemed off.
2.5/5

Encore- Politically Incorrect 3 (#722)
This was pretty good, the impressions were pretty much spot on. All the cast members were good except maybe for Will who was just ok.
3/5

Close- Sorority Row Games
This was one of the better closings i've seen on MADtv. Funny stuff.
4/5

Overall
I thought this episode was quite good with a lot of sketches being relatively short it always makes for good viewing.
6.5/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Old 05/26/2004, 4:04 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Episode #814

People's Court – Fightin’ Ron vs. Marvin Tikvah
Hehe this was a good opening. Marvin Tikvah at his finest. I saw this one earlier this year thanks to the hidden files on MADtv.com, but I still enjoyed this. Ron is an annoying character, but Michael in his other role, Stephnie and Mo were all great. The funniest part was when Kathy and Ron were "doin it" and Marvin was standing there rubbing his nipples. Funny stuff!
/5

Fox Reality Show Lies
This was okay, it didn't really seem to go anywhere and I thought the bit with Debra abusing homeless hispanic children was just dumb, but it had it's moments. Note to Mystere, Ron played the bumb on the park bench in this sketch
/5

Sorority Row Games
This was funny, the best part was them chasing the black family down the street. I missed Jill though, she was great in these sketches. It is getting a bit long in the tooth though, to be completely honest. There isn't a whole lot of variety to these sketches. Alot like the Glamazon Huntress sketches (Some of my personal faves of all time) but they've continued them for too long. This was still funny though.
/5

Road Runner “That Wacky Iraqi”
This was aiight. Saw this one before on the hidden MADtv files and I didn't think it was that spectacular then either.
/5

CBS Fat Guy Mondays
This was pretty funny, but all I can remember was jiggly man bellies
3/5

Reality Check: Trent Lott
This one I thought was really funny, better than the last one. Especially Aries with the chicken. It started out really boring and Michael didn't really add anything to the sketch, but Aries and Debra were good. The insults at the end were kinda lame, but the chicken thing was hilarious. "I'm not eating yo chicken because I'm black, I'm eating yo chicken because I'm FAT!" LOL
/5

Spishak’s Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! 98!
THIS WAS FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! It was so stupid that it was funny. I was almost in hysterics. Paul as the Priest was GOLD. So funny. And the stupid signs behind "Priest"- "welcome to Church, love Jesus" and "Boss"- "Welcome to Job, love Boss" so freaking funny. And the blood in the stool thing... My God I couldn't stop laughing. Josh rocks as the Spishak Spokesman.
/5

Shaq Time!
This was just dumb. I HATE the Shaq impression especially when he says that stupid line that I can't remember right now. Paul's impression of Richard Simmons was so.... Paul
/5

Drama Queen: Purse Snatcher
This was so funny. I thought Paul was good here, I mean he didn't really have a big role, he didn't say much so I don't get why he was referred to as his "usual unspectacular self". I love Dorothy, but there was something annoying about her in this sketch in the beginning. Her voice was a little twangy. Nonetheless, I love how she's all dramatic and something stupid like her cell phone ringing throws her off and she had to redo her exit so many times because she kept f***ing it up. So funny.
/5

Encore- Politically Incorrect 3 (#722)
This was one of my favourite sketches from season 7! I'm glad the encores they chose were from #722. Such an awesome episode, just like this one. I loved the little story Drew told about love running away because we were mean to it. So cute. Oprah and even Andrew's impression of Bill Maher were good, except for the excessive hand motions (ANNOYING!) but this sketch was great. I agree that Will sucked here, and Frank was a little bleh, but this sketch still rocked.
/5

Close- Sorority Row Games
This was so funny. But it's so.... weird to see the same people in drag all the time. Aries, Frank and Paul. Is it because they're a bit fatter than the other guys? Or are the other guys not as comfortable with their sexuality? Oh well this was funny.
/5

Overall: great episode! I loved almost all the sketches. I don't know what the mathematical average would be for this episode, but I give it a 9/10 because it was so funny. Especially the Spishak sketch, Drama Queen, Reality Check and the Encore. Good stuff.

Old 06/11/2007, 2:32 PM
zlolz

People's Court – Fightin’ Ron vs. Marvin Tikvah: I hate both of these characters, so naturally, I didn't like this one much at all.
Fox Reality Show Lies: I thought this one was funny...I think it's funny whenver MADtv makes fun of FOX though. Anyway, this was pretty good, especially the one with the old man.
Sorority Row Games: LMAO, I loved this one. It could've been longer, but the part with them chasing the black family with fire was HILARIOUS.
Road Runner “That Wacky Iraqi”: I didn't like this one at all...just not funny. It had potential, but it fell flat. I can't believe this one got so much positive attention here.
CBS Fat Guy Mondays: Heh, a short little bit that was pretty funny.
Reality Check: Trett Lott: This one was hilarious! Some of these are good and some bad, but this one was HILARIOUS, especially the fried chicken part. Awesomeness.
Spishak: Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! 98: This was freaking HILARIOUS. EASILY one of the best sketches of Season 8 and one of the best later Spishak sketches, even one of the best Spishak sketches EVER. This was hilarious, from Debra walking through the set, to the dumb signs (LMAO "Welcome to Church, Love Jesus"), to the split screen, to the dancing...HILARIOUS.
Shaq Time: Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Drama Queen: Purse Snatcer: This was another hilarious sketch, my favorite part was where she revealed that she had "not one, but TWO LINES on SPONGEBOB!!!" LOL. And the drawing. Hilarious.
Encore- Politically Incorrect: This was good. One of the better politically incorrect sketches last season. :starhalf (4.5 originally, -1 for encore).

Overall: This episode featured some great stuff, as well as some terrible stuff, but in the end the great stuff outweighed the bad and it was good episode overall.

8/10