Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/02/2003, 5:49 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Yeah.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november

Old 06/02/2003, 6:31 PM
Hardcore Fan

Actually MADISLOVE, the album is has been pushed up to June 5
because of Napster/anti-Lars theats along with Beyonce's solo
album
Old 06/02/2003, 6:37 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Sweet, that's pretty kickass!

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 06/02/2003, 10:13 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by madislove
Yeah.
That was yeah to ALL OF the previous above right?

Old 06/03/2003, 3:02 PM
I'm Content With Losing

I meant to the Rod Roddy thing, Frank was Rod Roddy in the sketch. And I believe that Jill was in the opening to The Bachelor, but they didn't give her a name.

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 04/20/2004, 8:15 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default Episode #808 review

The Price is Right: This was pretty funny. It wasn't great, to be honest, I haven't seen one TPIR that I thought was absolutely hilarious (I haven't seen the Lorraine one ) But this was okay nonetheless. Stephnie was great in this. I loved all the double entendres (Yes, that is a word I learnt through watching MADtv, thank you Nicole Sullivan) Rod Roddy is great. I wish he had more of an active part in the sketch. 3/5

The Real Bachelor: *Note to Mystere for the WHO/WHAT: Jill wasn't in this sketch* This was okay also. Gillian is smokin. I loved the dirty look Stephnie kept giving Mo everytime she would look at her. LOL. The blonde that Frank ended up choosing looked strangely familiar. She might have been an extra in season 7. Steph looked like Hilary Duff with that funny wig on. Franks toilet commentary- LOL. 3/5

Reality Check: Airplane: I didn't like this. This was the first time I had seen a Reality Check segment and I wasn't too impressed to be honest. I found some of the commentary funny, and the sandwich, but overall, I guess I just set my expectations way too high. Mo looked old and tired in this sketch. 2/5

The Rob Nelson Show: This was another okay sketch. Nothing hilarious, but this is so true of television, probably moreso at the present time than the time the actual sketch was filmed. Everyone has their own talk show these days. And the thing about getting canned 10 seconds into the show, LOL. Very true. For that alone I have to give it a raised rating. 3/5

Snow White Returns to the Forest: This sketch was hilarious. Excellent performances by Jill, Josh, Frank and I guess Mo, even though I don't know who Penny Marshall is. Ike and Aries... I just don't "get" them. They aren't funny to me. I especially liked Josh's impression, it was very accurate and hilarious. Josh rocks. And I was so glad to see Jill back. Her Drew Barrymore is eerily accurate. I thought Frank was great as Louie Anderson. I would rate it on par with Will's impression. 5/5

Bambi: Just for Lesbians Commercial: This was hilarious. I especially loved the Rosie O'Donell "in" and "out" hairstyles, and the Anne Heche (No longer available). Stephnie was fabulous. I liked Bambi more in this sketch than the previous one. I felt the last one was waaay too long and drawn out and I was grossed out by the last one also. 4/5

Cloret: Just Juice: This one was okay. The thing about commenting on an episode a year after it aired is that I can't say "I hope they recur this character" because I know they do, so what am I meant to say? This was pretty gross. LOL. But funny also. Aries didn't annoy me in this sketch probably because he wasn't attempting an impression that was way over his head. Who would name their Daughter Gaprizelle? LOL. Good sketch. 4/5

Smartypants Challenge: I loved this sketch. Debra made me crack up in the beginning. She looked so cute. This was a fun sketch. 'I can wrap my penis around my wrist' LOL. Everyone was really good here. Why does Bobby always fondle his nipples? He was funny as the Goth kid, even the guest stars were great. Aries was okay 4/5

Average Asian: I like these sketches. As a character, there isn't much to it, but Karen Maruyama writes them well and they are pretty short. Jill was good in this sketch. I'm so sad that I won't get to see her until her final sketch in episode #820 She was a great cast member, even if it was only for a very short time. There was also no mention of Steve Wellington in this sketch. I think Ike was jsut playing a random student. 3/5

Musical Performance: Sum 41 "Still Waiting" I turned my video record off for this.

Close: Jesse Jackson and Rosa Parks Barbershop Press Conference: I REALLY didn't like this. At all. Aries sounded like an Indian, I didn't think it was that funny. It was nice to see Jill's newswoman back, but she didn't get to do anything. I don't know how Rosa Parks acts, but I guess Debra was okay in this sketch. 0.5/5

Overall: A mixed episode. It really reinforced how little humor I see in both Ike and Aries through the sketches they were in. Every sketch I watch I listen to the announcer, and it seems in season 8 so far, that only Frank and Debra do voice overs for sketches. Frank got alot of face time this episode, which is always a good thing, but Michael, Mo and Stephnie were all put into secondary roles, and the episode still succeeded. Josh and Jill were the standouts in this episode in my opinion. Overall rating= 6.2/10

Old 04/22/2004, 5:55 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #808

Ive been busy lately i havent had time to review this episode so here goes........

The Price is Right
I liked this one, its not as good as the Lorraine one in season 7 but way better than the season 9 attempts.
3/5

The Real Bachelor
This was funny, a good parody of the show especially of the women's competitiveness.
3.5/5

Reality Check: Airplane
This was mediocre, ive never really enjoyed these characters, it seems to be the same old thing. At least this time they tried something different and didnt put them in the same talk show format.
2/5

The Rob Nelson Show
This was ok, nothing hillarious about this. Although Ron's half smile was funny.
2.5/5

Snow White Returns to the Forest
This was good, the impressions were funny especially Jill's, Josh's and Frank's.
3/5

Bambi: Just for Lesbians Commercial
Funny stuff, thumbs up. Mo looked exactly like this art teacher at my old school lol.
3/5

Cloret: Just Juice
This was alright, admittedly there were a few good parts, but nothing hugely funny.
2.5/5

Smartypants Challenge
I didnt really like this one although Debra was funny, the rest werent.
1.5/5

Average Asian
"Its an average sketch" (get it? lol laugh! damn you laugh!) this was reasonable but i dont see why Bobby cant develop a decent recurring character like the one he did in season 7 where he was supposed to be his father. It just seems a wasted opportunity with pretty cheap laughs.
2.5/5

Musical Performance: Sum 41 "Still Waiting"
I dont mind these guys, but it still doesnt get a rating from me.
0/5

Close: Jesse Jackson and Rosa Parks Barbershop Press Conference
I actually saw the real Jesse Jackson do a speech after some basketball game i saw on ESPN, Aries does a pretty good job at imitating him.
3/5

Overall
This was an ok episode i didnt really enjoy it that much. I was watching it with a couple friends at the time and when we were watching the "Rob Nelson" sketch one of them was like: "Why isnt this show cancelled?" probably because he didnt get some of the jokes but i still think the show hasnt really recovered from the loss of former cast members which the end of season 9 proves ( Season 10 will be very interesting to see what they come up with).
5/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Old 04/22/2004, 5:57 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

I love the Just Juice Cloret.
She had her mouth all up on the mic.
lol.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 04/22/2004, 7:57 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Reality Check: Airplane
This was mediocre, ive never really enjoyed these characters, it seems to be the same old thing. At least this time they tried something different and didnt put them in the same talk show format.
2/5
Yeah, I didn't enjoy it that much either. I think I was expecting too much because of all the hype that surrounded them. Some parts were funny though, like when Tovah had to tell the steward-ass what was in her bag "Just toiletries, some magazines, and my VIBRATOR!" and the sandwich was funny. I still have yet to see a character from Aries that I really enjoy.

Old 05/15/2007, 2:33 PM
zlolz

The Price is Right: Meh, besides the Lorraine one, I never really found these sketches all that funny. This one was decent, though.
The Real Bachelor: Pretty good. Not the best ever but I found myself laughing for the most part.
Reality Check: Again, pretty good, not the best Reality Check...but still good. Definitley better then some others. It had a few good lines (ie "This is a Star Jones sandwich"), but it wasn't THAT great overall.
The Rob Nelson Show: I don't know, I thought this one was hilarious. It was a simple satire of daytime talk shows and how quickly most of them are cancelled (or any show, really). The montage at the end had me dying. I thought this was really good.
Snow White Returns to the Forest: Another really good sketch. Mo's Penny Marshall cracks me up, and Jill's Drew Barrymore was also hilarious. Frank was good, too. Ike's Walhburg was decent, Aries and Josh's impressions kind of sucked...but it was still a really good sketch. They should've had something at the end though where they showed the actual movie with the new voices (kinda like the Family Guy sketch from S12). Still, awesome.
Cloret: Just Juice: This one was really funny. It's a shame Debra developed this character in her last season, cause she was REALLY funny (although the airport one kind of sucked). Anyway, this was hilarious, 5-star sketch, and best of the episode.
Bambi: Just for Lesbians Commercial: Hilarious! Especially Mo. And the end with Mo asking Stephnie out, LOL. "You're a busy beaver!". Did anyone else notice that woman in the audience laughing HUGELY at like...everything? That was annoying, but it still didn't change this from being a hilarious sketch.
Smartypants Challenge: After a few hilarious sketches, things start to slow down here. I thought this one was pretty lame. You saw all the jokes coming, and I didn't really get the ending. Debra was funny, at the "our school was built on toxic waste" line was funny, but the rest...meh.
Average Asian: This was ok. Better then Bae Sung/Tank, but most of it is still just asian stereotypes. I also thought the first one of these was the weakest.
Close: Jesse Jackson and Rosa Parks: Another unique, hilarious Season 8 closing. If they can't do cast closings, at least do these instead of continuting sketches (bloopers are great, though ). Anyway, this was really good, especially Debra...and Aries was pretty good, admittedly ,too. Also, Jill is good at playing news reporters, between this one and the Mrs. Campbell one.

Overall: A decent episode. It was kind of a mixed bag, in that about half of it was excellent (Rob Nelson, Snow White, Close, Just for Lesbians, Cloret), half of it was ok (Average Asian, Price is Right, Real Bachelor, Reality Check) and one sketch sucked (Smartypants Challenge). Still, it had enough good sketches to make it a pretty good episode.

7/10

Old 05/28/2007, 1:21 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Cloret Juice Bar

I was just wondering if anyone had the sketch of Debra Wilson as Cloret in the Juice Bar, because that is one of my favorite ones, but I can't find it any where. Can someone help me out?