Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/11/2008, 6:12 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Thinking about sean's comments does make me wonder too. If this means that your getting laid off the show, then what does it matter if you tell us who you are?
Two reasons. One, we sign a non-disclosure agreement which means they could come after us legally for talking out of turn. Two, it's a small town and we work with the same people show after show. Just because I'm done with this show doesn't mean I don't want to work on the next one.

And look, I understand if you think I'm an asshole for telling you this. But my reasoning is that if one my favorite shows was getting canceled, I would want the fan community to get a chance to provide feedback to the network before the horse gets too far out of the barn. Once the news breaks, any fan support will probably be too little too late.

If you want to wait to read about it before you believe me, I totally understand that. I'm putting the info out there, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.

Old 11/11/2008, 6:28 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I don't know. This guys seems fairly legit. If he were lying, there would've been some blatant holes in his story.

Old 11/11/2008, 7:27 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Birdie View Post
Two reasons. One, we sign a non-disclosure agreement which means they could come after us legally for talking out of turn. Two, it's a small town and we work with the same people show after show. Just because I'm done with this show doesn't mean I don't want to work on the next one.

And look, I understand if you think I'm an asshole for telling you this. But my reasoning is that if one my favorite shows was getting canceled, I would want the fan community to get a chance to provide feedback to the network before the horse gets too far out of the barn. Once the news breaks, any fan support will probably be too little too late.

If you want to wait to read about it before you believe me, I totally understand that. I'm putting the info out there, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.
I'm sorry, but as big of a fan as I am of this show, I really have to see a written article from a good source to truly believe that the show is canceled, and even then I might not believe.

Another reason may be that the message has come through that the show is canceled even though it's not. When the networks were announcing there returning shows According to Jim was announced that it was canceled, but then a few days later it was picked up again for a half season deal. I know that has a long shot of possably happening but hey, if this can happen to According to Jim, then anything is truly possible.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 11/11/2008 at 8:02 PM.
Old 11/11/2008, 7:29 PM
Fresh Meat

From your mouth to God's ears. You're right, I can't tell you it will definitely be canceled, I can just tell you they told the staff today that it's definitely canceled. Take it for what it's worth. Maybe they'll pull an "According to Jim". I'd be happy to be wrong.
Old 11/11/2008, 7:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

This better not be true or I'm pulling the plug on the idiots at FOX completely. If this really is true, then we should get a petition going. Flood the FOX Network with emails. Anything to save MAD.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Old 11/11/2008, 7:54 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't think that will work blue light. We can bearly get 1,000 signatures to get the DVD's released.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/11/2008, 8:24 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I don't think that will work blue light. We can bearly get 1,000 signatures to get the DVD's released.
Actually there are two of them out there and there are over 2000 sigs on each.

But the point is that this guy/girl is telling us that they decided to pull MADtv.

MADtv is not situational comedy idiots, so that means the storyline wont die out cause there is none, but too me they cast members right now work to hard and bust there ass too be canceled

i am not trying to compare SNL to MAD but SNL has been almost canceled more than 6 times. people have said MADtv has cheated cancellations allot when it is not true. MADtv built a audience since 1995 and they did just that, every season the ratings increase and it seems like it me that FOX did care for the show and they try to release a DVD in 2004-2005 during the 10th season because MADtv was the #1 teen show on Saturday and too me the fans cared for the show.

i think of SNL and MAD as shows who go on and on for generation for a long time, i do not want to see SNL or MADtv off air because those are the best Comedies show in my opinion, even if MADtv or SNL are in a slump.

MADtv and SNL have always had there slumping years but it will go back up, right now i see MADtv doing great but what pisses me is when a show that has produce over 300 episodes, 14 seasons just end it makes no sense.
Old 11/11/2008, 8:28 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
MADtv is not situational comedy idiots, so that means the storyline wont die out cause there is none, but too me they cast members right now work to hard and bust there ass makes no sense.
Who said that it was?

And where is Kurt? If anyone would be able to prove whether this guy is a reputable source, it'd be him.

Old 11/11/2008, 8:31 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

sigh. i guess all good things must come to an end.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 11/11/2008, 8:35 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Well, we're not 100% sure that it's ending yet. That's what we're trying to figure out.

Old 11/11/2008, 8:37 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I refuse to say that show is dead. At least not until it's sure.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/11/2008, 8:41 PM

There is no reason to cancel MADtv. and that's it.
Old 11/11/2008, 8:43 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I don't think you're being realistic about this.

Though, regardless of whether the show is canceled or not, at least the board is getting some decent activity!

Old 11/11/2008, 8:53 PM

MADfan we are not talking about Activity right now, we are conversing about MADtv "Cancellation"

I understand what you mean you mean about Activeness but we are explaining about MADtv cancellation.
Old 11/11/2008, 8:54 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Another reason I think this guy might be legit: he keeps coming back. If he were lying, he probably would've just made one or two posts, left, and sat back to watch us argue about it.

Old 11/11/2008, 9:10 PM
Hardcore Fan

Here are the facts:
We have no reason to believe either way about this guy's legitimacy.
MAD was given another chance after the Disaster Season, and is doing better, though no one knows what ratings are.

Other than that, we know nothing. So let's stop freaking out.

Though I have to say that the stupidest argument against cancellation is "it's been on a long time." SNL will end at some point and it currently has almost 2.5 x the lifespan o MADtv. Likewise, MAD will end at some point. So that makes no sense.
Old 11/11/2008, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Here are the facts:
We have no reason to believe either way about this guy's legitimacy.
MAD was given another chance after the Disaster Season, and is doing better, though no one knows what ratings are.

Other than that, we know nothing. So let's stop freaking out.

Though I have to say that the stupidest argument against cancellation is "it's been on a long time." SNL will end at some point and it currently has almost 2.5 x the lifespan o MADtv. Likewise, MAD will end at some point. So that makes no sense.
Yeah, i understand but cancellation should be on a fans or support person last mind. but i understand what you mean.

SNL open the door for comedies show to last for a long time and MADtv is the only show that last long as SNL

In Living Color could not last, so that is basically it in Comedies shows..

Lets just hope MADtv is on for a long time, i just hope, the new cast is a great cast and i do not want to see them gone.
Old 11/12/2008, 2:19 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I have no fucking clue. MAD has been on the bubble since season 10. We'll just have to wait for confirmation from a reputable source.

Old 11/12/2008, 2:23 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Well, at least the guy's English seems perfect enough.

I have to say, we can't deny the possibility of this happening. I am as much a MADtv as any other guy on this site, no matter how our opinions differ. Canceling the show after 14 years is, like someone here said, a lack of respect.

Seriously, MADtv has been around for 14 years yet gets cut, but a 'newbie' Talk Show gets such a big push? What on Earth is going on here? We have been questioning Fox's judgments for a while now, but this time around it seems over the top and excessive.

If what the man says is true, we just have to brace ourselves for the worst. If he's not (what kinda nick is A Little Birdie anyway?!), then I guess that's all for the better.

After all, we've been hearing doomsday reports for a long time. We've pushed past them, didn't we?

Old 11/12/2008, 4:35 AM
Groggy

I think it's from the idiom 'A little bird told me so'..this is supposed to be a hush-hush matter afterall

I...really don't know what to think. We'll just have to stick around and wait for confirmation, as Dart said.

The idea of a petition is rather appealing to me, but it might just blow the whole matter up and cast Madtv in an unflattering light.

All the best for the future!