Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/29/2008, 8:52 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwings View Post
I. Hate. My. Internet.

Some wireless this is. Sorry guys, it keeps crashing on me. I can hardly get on it for a minute before the whole fiasco (of attempting and re-attempting to connect to the doggone internet) begins.

Er. i'll try (because i can hardly call myself articulate or succinct) and piece a draft together with you guys who have the time to do so. We could always pm each other via this forum if you guys don't like to go public about it.

@Sean: We're not going to even bother writing it to FOX..the purpose of the petition is to arouse the interest of the two networks: ABC and TBS. So FOX can just bugger off IMO.

@FOX: If you guys change your mind about dropping Mad Tv, please ignore the above statement.
i know what the purpose is, my statement was that they need don't need to continue LATE NIGHT on a network that does not really care for the show.

Old 11/29/2008, 3:07 AM
Groggy

I. Hate. My. Internet.

Some wireless this is. Sorry guys, it keeps crashing on me. I can hardly get on it for a minute before the whole fiasco (of attempting and re-attempting to connect to the doggone internet) begins.

Er. i'll try (because i can hardly call myself articulate or succinct) and piece a draft together with you guys who have the time to do so. We could always pm each other via this forum if you guys don't like to go public about it.

@Sean: We're not going to even bother writing it to FOX..the purpose of the petition is to arouse the interest of the two networks: ABC and TBS. So FOX can just bugger off IMO.

@FOX: If you guys change your mind about dropping Mad Tv, please ignore the above statement.

All the best for the future!

Old 11/27/2008, 4:11 PM

Well i don't want MADtv on FOX anymore for anything

They don't Promote the Show At ALL like American Idol, House, etc

and they do not care for the show at all.

So why should we write a petition to stay on FOX.

for anything i hope there on any network that will treat the show like it is something, not like a filler for a slot...

DOES FOX really need a LATE NIGHT lineup, No they don't..it is not even shown on the 2008-2009 Schedule first of all.

I just hope MADtv moves somewhere were they are treated with respect.

Old 11/27/2008, 3:36 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

if i was articulate i'd write the petition.thats all we need though,someone to write it up and then we can get it online and start spreading the word

Old 11/26/2008, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I can see that. It seems like Fox only cared about the show when it was doing things like cutting the budget, or making it feel more appealing to the demographic. The problem is I think Fox was focusing on the demographic in the LA setting that the show was filmed in. They ran the show like it was only available in LA not the world.
but what Ron Pederson and others don't understand that if your demographic is target in Latinos or BLACKS, then have sketches that will keep your show viewership up, i understand about the budget cuts, but hey that's the entertainment world.

Old 11/26/2008, 2:28 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I can see that. It seems like Fox only cared about the show when it was doing things like cutting the budget, or making it feel more appealing to the demographic. The problem is I think Fox was focusing on the demographic in the LA setting that the show was filmed in. They ran the show like it was only available in LA not the world.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 11/26/2008, 12:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

On the Edmonton Journal webiste, Ron Pederson gets interviewed for the paper and asked why MADtv gets and that the reason the show get axed was that "the suits" were more involved in demos instead of the cast members.

the website on that artictle is www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/culture

Old 11/24/2008, 11:35 AM
n4yr

Quote:
Yeah, but sean if the final episode will be episode count will be 326, that still means that it will be an 18 episode season.
I will use math to explain my reasoning for this number. the 300th episode was episode 1307 in season 13. Deduct the 8 episodes after that episode to end the season and it goes to 308 episodes. There for if there are 326 episode left to go, that means that 308 is 18 episodes back from 326.

But by my math, I'm getting 22 episodes

Season 1: 19 Episodes
Season 2: 22 Episodes
Season 3: 25 Episodes
Season 4: 25 Episodes
Season 5: 25 Episodes
Season 6: 30 Episodes
Season 7: 25 Episodes
Season 8: 25 Episodes
Season 9: 25 Episodes
Season 10: 23 Episodes
Season 11: 22 Episodes
Season 12: 22 Episodes
Season 13: 16 Episodes

Added up that equals 304 episodes. So if there are 326 episodes at the end, that'll be 326-304= 22.

You have to remember the 300th episode wasn;t really number 300, they heald it early due to the writer's strike. That and FOX dosen't know how to count. The Simpson's 300th ep was number 302 and it's 350th ep was number 349. King of the Hill's 200th ep was number 201, Madtv's 200th was number 202 and I could go on

Old 11/23/2008, 1:38 AM
O YEAH?! o no.

:'(!

Old 11/21/2008, 1:23 PM

anything new?

Old 11/19/2008, 5:06 AM
Hardcore Fan

Count me in.

Old 11/19/2008, 3:37 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

MADtv deserves a chance at staying alive. I mean, come on, it's SNL 'rival' for the last 14 years...

I'm in for any efforts to save it.

Old 11/18/2008, 7:20 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I heard about this on the radio a few days ago... I'm not surprised, and even though I've not watched the show with any regularity in the last 2-3 years, deep down I feel sad...

I hope another network picks up MADtv, and hopefully rejuvenates it...

Old 11/18/2008, 4:08 AM
Groggy

Right..i'm not sure if the email idea would upset the networks, but it would certainly get our point across.

Tvman, do you need any help with the petition? I think it'd be better to just have 1 offiial one set up by MAd's fans. Then, we'll have to beg our friends to help sign the petition. We could also visit Madtv related websites and post the link to the petition there...or any other friendly community forum, i suppose. I suggest we send an email to the networks after the petition has generated a nice amount of signatures with the link to the petition site.

Now, we just need to draft out the petition/s...Perhaps one to ABC and another to TBC.

This is just a short draft:
Madtv has had a long and successful history of 14 years boasting 13 years. It has showcased and groomed many talents in the comedy business such as Michael Macdonald, Nicole Sullivan, Mo Collins, Nicole Parker, etc. (include their achievements). Most importantly, it has brought years of cheer and laughter to millions of viewers especially through the challenges in recent years. In response, fans have even established and kept alive a forum supporting the show and keeping the show's viewers connected. End~

I know that it sounds more like an intro...but that's the general idea that i have in mind. Basically, even though Madtv has suffered a fall in ratings, i'm guessing, it doesn't mean that the show has reached its limit. There's hardly any way that a show based on parodies and short sketches can become stale, IMO. Besides, Madtv has an excellent cast this year, and if given some time, I'm sure Madtv can regain its former glory. I feel that all Madtv needs now is a little tweaking here and there, and it'd be as right as rain in no time.

Whatever the case, i think that it is really something that Madtv has been able to last on FOX for 14 whole seasons despite the fact that they faced strong competition from SNL (for whatever reason) and that they had little publicity to begin with.

So, overall, i think that we should prove in the petition that Madtv still has a long way to go, and that picking Madtv up now and giving them some time, and not to mention a reasonable budget, would greatly benefit the network.

All the best for the future!

Old 11/18/2008, 12:49 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
go to petition online and go from there
I'll do that, but I'll do the e-mail idea I had too because really, what harm could it do (please stop me before I post this Dart if you think this is a bad idea)?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/18/2008, 12:43 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
But how do I create one?

I am currently writing the e-mail idea because I think it can work. If we all e-mail the networks we can hit them at the source, and I think it will get through better.

I will do the petition thing if someone can show me a way to do that.

go to petition online and go from there

Old 11/17/2008, 11:59 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

But how do I create one?

I am currently writing the e-mail idea because I think it can work. If we all e-mail the networks we can hit them at the source, and I think it will get through better.

I will do the petition thing if someone can show me a way to do that.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/17/2008, 11:33 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

It doesn't matter where you are from when you create a petition. It's pretty much anonymous.

Old 11/17/2008, 11:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I would but I have no idea how, I also don't think it would have that much effect seeing as I am living in Canada, and a petition to put MADtv on another US network would probably not be appreciated if made by me.

I do have an idea. We should letter bomb (as in send letters on a semi-daily basis) the possible networks via e-mail to pick up the show. I think most networks have an e-mail address that you can e-mail them with questions. Actually that is a good idea, I think I'll make a petition page on here and put the e-mail links to all the possible networks on a petition page here and an already typed up message so that all you all have to do is copy and paste it to the e-mail section. This is a pretty good idea now that I think about it. Were hitting the networks at the source. I think I'll do that right now.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/17/2008, 10:59 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

A petition needs to be done now if its to have any influence on anyone. Was hoping to find out what the best network to appeal to would be, but no avail.

I'm not going to do one. I do enough for this site, and if I am the only person who would even bother to do anything to save this show, then it may as well be cancelled. I love this show, but its up to you all to do something.

Appeals to ABC and TBC would, in my opinion, be the best bet. Maybe just a general appeal to have MADtv on any network that can be forwarded to the parties we think may be interested.

Someone articulate who knows how to spell AND whose posts make sense may want to take care of this.