Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/16/2008, 2:30 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

15,000 is more than half of what most people earn a year. I think it will definitely pay your bills, keep you full and buy you a nice house to keep all your Emmy's in.

Old 09/16/2008, 9:08 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

You're right, but you know... It's insatiable.

Anyway, people move on because it's a way of life. Times change and so do people. Look at Michael, he eventually left the show even though he's the 'rock' of the show (in a sense).

Old 09/16/2008, 11:36 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't think Nicole Parker was "forced" onto Season 14, similar to how Bobby Lee said he wasn't returning but announced he was doing his 8th season on the show. I think it's a matter of personal choice; Nicole could have easily left the show regardless of what the powers above requested. The same thing applies to Bobby as well. Personally I think they're in it for the art of doing sketch comedy and, furthermore, they aren't on some twisted ego-trip like some of the past castmembers (not naming names because those of us who grew up with MAD know who they are).

$15,000 is more than enough to pay your pills, even with the taxes. Lowest paid cast on TV or not, they make way more than most high-ups that I know. Besides LA being said as an oh-so expensive place has some accuracy to it, but most of those ideas come from shows like Laguna Beach and THE HILLS portraying that LA is the most expensive place to live in.

Old 09/16/2008, 2:16 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Well looking at all the comments, 15,000 per episode...lol...i am going to need sources because no body on tv makes that and for a fact..MADtv been on for 14 years and a increase of the show goes up every even with the low budget.

MADtv is not the lowest paid show on tv for a fact...

Steve Carrell Makes 200,000 a Episode, on the the first season of the office he reportedly made 70,000 dollars, but 15,000 is what a guest star would make people now come on if MADtv cast members make that then i am going to have to see sources because FOX is the #1 network and have gain Millions of dollars over there years and i know for a fact that a show like MADtv would have under pay there cast members because if i was on a show like MADtv and i drew ratings every week i would be asking for allot of money like will Ferrell made allot of money on SNL not because of his talent but because of his audience attention because People watch him. now come on i do not see MADtv being the lowest under paid show on TV. it is a similar thing to do Debra back in season 8
Old 09/16/2008, 7:09 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
Yeah because 12 year olds totally have the ability to dictate a persons career choices for them.
Jerk. I wasn't saying that she has to stay, I was just saying that she should.

Old 09/16/2008, 11:38 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I know Nicole and Bobby love sketch comedy but bottomline, Nicole Parker is leaving after 8 episodes (or so it seems for now). No point arguing about all that.

Old 09/17/2008, 5:45 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
Well looking at all the comments, 15,000 per episode...lol...i am going to need sources because no body on tv makes that and for a fact..MADtv been on for 14 years and a increase of the show goes up every even with the low budget.

MADtv is not the lowest paid show on tv for a fact...

Steve Carrell Makes 200,000 a Episode, on the the first season of the office he reportedly made 70,000 dollars, but 15,000 is what a guest star would make people now come on if MADtv cast members make that then i am going to have to see sources because FOX is the #1 network and have gain Millions of dollars over there years and i know for a fact that a show like MADtv would have under pay there cast members because if i was on a show like MADtv and i drew ratings every week i would be asking for allot of money like will Ferrell made allot of money on SNL not because of his talent but because of his audience attention because People watch him. now come on i do not see MADtv being the lowest under paid show on TV. it is a similar thing to do Debra back in season 8

I got the information in a phone call with none other than Mo Collins herself.

And no I don't have a way to prove we talked aside from giving you her cell number which I'm not about to do.

Old 09/17/2008, 7:17 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:

And no I don't have a way to prove we talked aside from giving you her cell number which I'm not about to do.
Can you give it to me (I'm just kidding).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 09/17/2008, 7:42 PM

Quote:

I DONT WANT MO COLLINS PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE I DO NOT HER PERSONALLY I ONLY KNOW HER FOR HER WORK NOT PERSONALLY. BASICALLY I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT MADtv IS NO WAY OF BEING THE LOWEST PAID ACTORS ON A SHOW. ITS BEEN ON FOR 14 YEARS!
Old 09/17/2008, 7:46 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Does Mo still keep up to date to current salaries, or is she saying her own salary then?

And no, I am not dissing anyone, I'm purely curious.

Old 09/17/2008, 9:27 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Does Mo still keep up to date to current salaries, or is she saying her own salary then?

I'm not sure if she keeps up on current salaries, I'm sure she does since she's still friends with a lot of former/current castmembers.

The conversation im referring to is at the most a year and a half old. She was talking about salaries in general as well as her own. You would think that someone of Mo's caliber and popularity would be making at least in the upper 5 figures for her time on the show but she didn't. The producers only offered her 15,000 per episode to return for her last season. She said that was the most she ever made on the show during her 6 years.

If the budget keeps getting slashed every year and budgets for shows usually include pay for the castmembers, then I don't see how she could only get that much in her last year and yet somehow oddly enough people this year would get a whole lot more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
I DONT WANT MO COLLINS PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE I DO NOT HER PERSONALLY I ONLY KNOW HER FOR HER WORK NOT PERSONALLY. BASICALLY I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT MADtv IS NO WAY OF BEING THE LOWEST PAID ACTORS ON A SHOW. ITS BEEN ON FOR 14 YEARS!

Dude, quit yelling, there's no reason for it. Calm down. Sheesh.

and it doesn't matter if its been on for 14 years, there are just some shows where people don't get salaries in the hundreds of thousands or even in the upper 5 figures....deal with it.

Old 09/17/2008, 11:47 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

It's rather upsetting to see that SNL gets all the publicity and whatnot, but MADtv gets nothing. When Tina Frey played Palin, she got so much attention, even being featured on Entertainment Tonight (I saw this for myself). But no one even cares about Keegan's great impression of Obama.

But we just have to deal with it. Sadly. If this happens, I can see how the salaries can be so low too.

Old 09/17/2008, 11:55 PM
Obsessed!

Scorp seeing you post...made me think....a lot of the old people don't post on here anymore....not that your old ........but from when I first joined to now it seems very few people are left and that this bored has died off.......don't know the relevance of this post...but it made thinking thats all.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/18/2008, 3:10 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
It's rather upsetting to see that SNL gets all the publicity and whatnot, but MADtv gets nothing. When Tina Frey played Palin, she got so much attention, even being featured on Entertainment Tonight (I saw this for myself). But no one even cares about Keegan's great impression of Obama.

But we just have to deal with it. Sadly. If this happens, I can see how the salaries can be so low too.
It's because SNL is overrated. When MADtv got onto iTunes (finally!), there wasn't even a page on the Store that announced this, but when Michael Phelps takes it up on SNL, we get big freaking letters in the center of the page saying "Download now!"

Enough to make any MAD fan cry. Hopefully, this will change with time.

also how did this get from Nicole Parker to salaries to Mo Collin's phone call, and now I'm getting off-topic too. Back on track please.
Old 09/18/2008, 3:14 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Well, we're discussing the many reasons why people are leaving MADtv, and it appears salaries is one of them. So technically we are still on track

Personally I think the reason why SNL's so strong is that it has a long history, and their alumni members are more famous.

Old 09/18/2008, 11:42 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
It's because SNL is overrated. When MADtv got onto iTunes (finally!), there wasn't even a page on the Store that announced this, but when Michael Phelps takes it up on SNL, we get big freaking letters in the center of the page saying "Download now!"

Enough to make any MAD fan cry. Hopefully, this will change with time.

also how did this get from Nicole Parker to salaries to Mo Collin's phone call, and now I'm getting off-topic too. Back on track please.

We never strayed off track, we were just discussing the many reasons why Nicole would want to leave MADtv, salary being one of them. Someone mentioned something about how much they make and I had to throw in a bit of info that I received for clairification.

Old 09/18/2008, 2:29 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Quote:

and it doesn't matter if its been on for 14 years, there are just some shows where people don't get salaries in the hundreds of thousands or even in the upper 5 figures....deal with it.
OMG! Stop the violence.

Just for the record, Scorpio, I not trying to be mean, or unappriciative that your friendship with Mo has greatly benefitted us MAD fans on this board!

That being said, I love Mo and I think that she is very talented, but I'm not about to ask for her personal number, so I think that that comment was just plain unnessary. We all know that you talk with Mo often, and you don't need to prove it to us, because I for one, believe you. Therefore, you also don't need to make remarks saying that YOU WON'T prove it to us, because know one is asking you to do so.

Anyway, best wishies! LOL!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 09/18/2008, 5:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure if she keeps up on current salaries, I'm sure she does since she's still friends with a lot of former/current castmembers.

The conversation im referring to is at the most a year and a half old. She was talking about salaries in general as well as her own. You would think that someone of Mo's caliber and popularity would be making at least in the upper 5 figures for her time on the show but she didn't. The producers only offered her 15,000 per episode to return for her last season. She said that was the most she ever made on the show during her 6 years.

If the budget keeps getting slashed every year and budgets for shows usually include pay for the castmembers, then I don't see how she could only get that much in her last year and yet somehow oddly enough people this year would get a whole lot more than that.

Thats the thing in the entertainment if you would know it does not go down, it keeps going up...if you know would that.

But there is no point of debating with you because we are not the ones getting paid per episode are we?
Old 09/18/2008, 6:58 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Yep, we aren't. So let's move on with other reasons.

Anyone else have any other probable reasons for the leaving of the show, other than salaries and other commitments?

Old 09/18/2008, 7:01 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Yep, we aren't. So let's move on with other reasons.

Anyone else have any other probable reasons for the leaving of the show, other than salaries and other commitments?
Not at all.