Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/15/2007, 9:53 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Someone explain to me why the hell that little 17 year old girl who always sings with the guys and changes his/her hair every week is still on the show? =|

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 03/15/2007, 10:01 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

So Sanjaya is a girl! Cheatsies!

(Too bad he's not a girl: he certainly wouldn't have made it to the finals. )

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/16/2007, 5:21 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Omg all the good peole are getting voted off! > The people who get good reviews from the judges. o_O And then he get bad reviews and people still vote for him.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 03/20/2007, 9:03 PM
zlolz

Tonight was good. Well it was decent. But in this season a decent week = an OMG OMG OMG AMAZING!!! HOLY SHYT, AMAZING week.

Anyway, Jordin and Melinda were hands down the best of the night, no question about it. But Chris R, Blake and (wait for it...) Haley were all really good, too.

But the most entertaining part of the show was Sanjaya. All I can say is...ROFL. His performance was so awful and terrible that it was really entertaining. And the random shots of that poor girl crying...it was your perfect bad American Idol performance and will most likely down in AI history.

Anyway, everyone else was just ok to bad. I actually thought LaKisha was (*hides from mizzimad*) bordering on disaster this week...she was out of pitch the whole song. And everyone was just...meh. Well except for Chris S. I didn't see him...bathroom break.

Old 03/20/2007, 9:09 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I saw most but not all of the performances. LaKisha is talented, sure...but she's too much like a lot of other people who have been on this show, so I really don't think she'll win or anything. Jordin was my favorite, but I missed Haley's, Chris R's, and Melinda's songs. Sanjaya is ridiculous. I was embarassed for the little crying girl. She kinda looked dumb on national tv, that's gotta suck lol
Old 03/20/2007, 10:42 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Jordin and Melinda were hands down the best of the night, no question about it.
This I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
I actually thought LaKisha was (*hides from mizzimad*) bordering on disaster this week...she was out of pitch the whole song.
This I don't agree with...ever.

As for Sanjaya, hmm....Well, even though he picked a song that basically anyone can sing (although I do love the song), I have to give him props for a couple of things: (1) he was miles better than he has been over the last couple of week (after all, there was nowhere to go but up ); (2) he did indeed come out of his shell. I'll honestly be surprised if he makes it into the bottom three this week, and I'll be even more shocked if he goes home. Understand my point, though: no, he wasn't great, but that's the most fun (for better or worse) that I've had while watching him this season. But damn, that crying girl--honey, this ain't the Beatles circa '64. (I think that four "no" smilies are enough to indicate a vigorous head shake. )

Bottom three prediction (not my bottom three, but America's): Phil (who probably should be there), Stephanie (who shouldn't be there), and Gina (ditto Stephanie), with Phil going home. Timberfake, Haley, and Chris Sligh will be all right this week, even though they shouldn't be. Haley will primarily get by on sexiness, but I guess that counts for something in terms of performance. Chris S. has been a mess, IMO, over the last couple of weeks; and the OTHER Chris ain't...all...that. Sawry, I'm just being awnest.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/21/2007, 9:22 PM
Staff Alumnus

I now have more reason than ever to despise Sanjaya, Haley, Phil, and Timberfake with every fiber of my quickly eroding being. Honestly, America, I didn't need your help.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/21/2007, 10:06 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Umm, he doesn't even look like Justin Timberlake. Other than the buzz-cut, I see no similarities *cough*crazybastid*cough*
Old 03/21/2007, 11:05 PM
Staff Alumnus

I actually stole that name from someone else, so I guess that individual would be the truly crazy one. *Cough!**Skanky slut!**Cough!* He kinda dresses like Justin, though, and he's definitely fake.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/27/2007, 9:29 PM
zlolz

I missed tonight. But I still have to say...

MADtv. MUST. PARODY. SANJAYA.

Old 03/27/2007, 10:10 PM
Staff Alumnus

Sanjaya essentially parodied himself--uh, herself?--tonight. It would take a Herculean effort on the part of "MADtv" to top what I saw tonight. The Mohawk: I'm just...speechless. Simon said it best tonight: "Sanjaya, it really doesn't matter what we say at this point; you're clearly in your own universe." If there's any justice in that universe, then the next great occurrence within it should be a plane ticket home.

Of course, if Timberfake goes--sorry, Scorch Man, but the name is sticking--then I'll hardly cry. Vocally, he's every bit as weak as Sanjaya, IMO; and why the judges continue to praise him is downright baffling to me. Chris Sligh has been downright mediocre in the finals; I think he's in real trouble this week. The only guy I can even halfway stand at this point is Blake; however, his performance this week was boring and dry. Someone should have clued him in that the Cure's "Love Song" has maybe two notes--a good song in terms of mood but not exactly a showcase for one's vocals.

Haley was as unmemorable as ever, but I guess she'll be okay for another week if enough overly hormonal teens crowd the phone lines.

Honestly, one of the best performers tonight was also the move improved: Gina. While it's not even close to my fave Pretenders song, "I'll Stand by You" worked wonders for her. Honestly, I was as impressed with her tonight as I was with Melinda and Lakisha, who were just sorta routinely great tonight as opposed to "wow."

Bottom three prediction: both Chrisses and Mohawk (Wo)man. And even though I should be bold enough to say that Sanjayamania will officially end this week, something tells me that he's somehow going to survive and that Chris Sligh will be the one who is sent packing tomorrow night. If I'm wrong, then I'm guilty of overestimating Sanjayamania; if I'm right, then I'm 2-1 in my predictions. Something tells me that everyone here truly wants me to be wrong this time. (Psh, as if that's a new experience for me.)

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/28/2007, 8:37 PM
zlolz

Well, Chris S is gone. Not surprising, he's been awful lately.

I'm 99% sure Haley is gone next. After that, the Sanjaya fiasco may finally come to an end.

Old 03/28/2007, 9:31 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

WHAT? He's gone?! Damn it, he was the only one I actually cared about!

Old 03/28/2007, 9:32 PM
Staff Alumnus

Now, Rurry, don't sell Haley short; she's a fiasco too.

I may have had the bottom three wrong, but I had the correct call on the one who mattered. Who wants to kiss my ring? I originally picked Chris Sligh as the male who would advance the farthest, but he's been downright rough in the finals. His number was bound to come up sooner or later.

The San-jive-ugh express will run out of steam at some point; it's just a question of when, not if. Stilil, at this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him last two or three more weeks. I'm willing to wager that every diehard San-jive-ugh fan has at least one William Hung CD in her or his collection...and listens to it religiously.

"We can dig it!"
Old 04/02/2007, 12:26 AM
zlolz

I gotta say, this article really hits the nail on the head on why I think this year's Idol is a snoozefest. READ.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17816320/

Old 04/03/2007, 8:44 PM
zlolz

Tonight was by far the best night of the season so far. Everyone did pretty well, except for Phil, Sanjaya (who i've come to accept as a joke), and maybe Haley. The best, for me, was Jordin, followed by Chris R and LaKisha. But everyone else did well, too.

Tomorrow, I see a Gina, Haley, and Phil bottom 3, with Haley and Phil being the bottom 2, and Phil being booted.

Old 04/03/2007, 9:01 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I thought tonight was good too. I didn't see Blake but everyone else was good, except Sanjaya who was mediocre but better than usual...but still a national joke. How do you go on in a competition knowing that a lot of people are voting for you purely based on the fact that you suck ass? Unbelievable. Just drop out, dumbass.

Anyway, mizzislut, I defy you to say Chris sucked this week. DEFYYYY-AH!

Jordin is still my favorite.
Old 04/03/2007, 9:02 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post

Anyway, mizzislut, I defy you to say Chris sucked this week. DEFYYYY-AH!

Jordin is still my favorite.
I agree with both of these.

Old 04/03/2007, 10:03 PM
Staff Alumnus

All right, all right, I won't say that Christerfake sucked this week; I'll simply say that I couldn't stop laughing at his performance. He was better than Sanjaya; I'll give him that much, I guess. Come on! What the hell do you want here, folks? Hell, I think that even Phil did better than Chris; and I ain't no Phil fan either. Chris's high notes were okay; however, the lower and middle registers were definitely off, as if he were fumbling for the correct pitch. (Ironically, that's been my main criticism of Phil in past performances.) But don't worry: everyone's precious eye candy will be just fine this week. Woo hoo...extra woo.

Jordin was good, but she still ain't no Melinda or Lakisha. At times, Jordin has given performances that are just as good as theirs, if not better; however, this was not one of those weeks. She was still very good, and I'll be shocked if she doesn't make it to the final three or four this season. That's as far as she's getting, though.

I actually agree with your picks, Rurry; I think that Phil is in real danger this week. Gina shouldn't be in the bottom three; however, I fear that she'll have to sweat it out just because she doesn't seem to have the fan base that some less deserving contestants do. Taking into account San-jive-ugh's cultish following and the fact that everyone thinks that Timberfake's performance was just the best ever, I can't very well place them in the dreaded trio. Oh, they belong there; but though it pains me to say so, the results aren't up to me alone. (Oh, to be king of the world! )

"We can dig it!"
Old 04/03/2007, 10:24 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post

Jordin was good, but she still ain't no Melinda or Lakisha. At times, Jordin has given performances that are just as good as theirs, if not better; however, this was not one of those weeks. She was still very good, and I'll be shocked if she doesn't make it to the final three or four this season. That's as far as she's getting, though.
Psh, Jordin is definitley better then Melinda and LaKisha. I liked both of them this week, though.

I don't see a Melinda/LaKisha final, though, I think LaKisha's time may be limited. Lately, she's been a poor man's Melinda, and they're most likely competing for votes, so one of them will have to get the boot soon...think Season 3 with Fantasia/LaToya/Jennifer, and Jennifer getting the boot early on.