Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/09/2006, 5:56 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madOC112789 View Post
Did you watch the premiere of season 3?
Everyone seemed to hate it. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but the ending was ridiculously unbelievable. That guy would not be able to stand and hug his wife instantly, he's been in a wheelchair for EIGHT YEARS.
Ok so yeah, it was a disappointing way to start off the season. Next week's looks really good though, I'm looking forward to House being House again.
I saw it. And I'm not going to say I didn't like it, but there have been better episodes. And yeah, the ending was unbelievable. And the next episode with alien looks kind of weird too. o_O But hopefully it'll be good. I hope they aren't switching over to more supernatural and unbelievable scenarios.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 09/09/2006, 5:53 PM
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzotty View Post
AMEN SISTAH. Mmm watch this show. It amazing~
Did you watch the premiere of season 3?
Everyone seemed to hate it. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but the ending was ridiculously unbelievable. That guy would not be able to stand and hug his wife instantly, he's been in a wheelchair for EIGHT YEARS.
Ok so yeah, it was a disappointing way to start off the season. Next week's looks really good though, I'm looking forward to House being House again.

Old 09/09/2006, 5:38 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
I don't know about any of the new shows, but I'm excited about the return of House on Tuesday ^_^
AMEN SISTAH. Mmm watch this show. It amazing~

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 09/09/2006, 5:19 PM
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
hahaha...so so true.i loathe merideth
shes like ally mcbeal + renee zellweger + michelle phifer(sp?)
And that just equals annoying,whiny,squinty woman that needs to be slapped
lol, everyone on the internet seems to hate Meredith. I don't have a problem with her, I like the character (by the way, did you notice that Ellen Pompeo was in an episode of SwC? It was weird to notice that after starting to watch Grey's Anatomy).
Anyway, the only characters I'm currently annoyed with are George and Callie because even alone they're unattractive and annoying, but TOGETHER. Aha, wow. I want to throw up, seriously.

In other news, I...kind of sort of watched the pilot of Studio 60 and I have to say, it CANNOT be missed.

Old 09/05/2006, 6:51 PM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

Wheel Gator will watch House and My Name is Earl.

Old 09/05/2006, 6:48 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
I hope Izzy doesn't leave the intern programme That would make Sandra Oh the best looking intern and that would be 12 shades of wrong.
hahaha...so so true.i loathe merideth
shes like ally mcbeal + renee zellweger + michelle phifer(sp?)
And that just equals annoying,whiny,squinty woman that needs to be slapped

Anyways..i was going round to all the american network sites earlier this week to see what new shows were debuting
Some certainly caught my eye
Shows i'll download cause otherwise i'll have to wait years or till never for them to air here
*Heroes
*30 Rock(mmm tina fey)
*Six degrees
*Damon Wayans the underground

Old 09/03/2006, 10:48 PM
0ld sk00l

I wanna see Heroes, Jericho, The Class, and Smith really good. The Class, because it looks pretty funny..and Smith, because it has alot of good people like Simon Baker and Amy Smart.

My Fanfics

Old 09/03/2006, 5:31 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I hope Izzy doesn't leave the intern programme That would make Sandra Oh the best looking intern and that would be 12 shades of wrong.

Old 09/03/2006, 5:23 PM
Remember me?

I want to see Studio 60 and Heroes.
And I'm VERY excited for the return of Grey's Anatomy and House. And The Office if I actually watch it, it's on during Grey's which SUCKS.

Old 09/03/2006, 11:56 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

This is going to be a tough Fall season for those without DVRs and TiVo, like myself.

Sundays - The FOX Animation block, the Amazing Race, the Apprentice, Celebrity Fit Club, Flavor of Love, and Big Brother. There aren't enough hours in a Sunday. Big Brother will end soon, and the Apprentice comes later in the year, but it's still a lot of shows.

Mondays - I'll check out Studio 60 on Sunset Strip and Heroes, unless the new MTV Challenge is on there.

Tuesdays - Big Brother and American Idol. Big Brother ends soon, and Idol is in January, so there's nothing much there.

Wednesdays - Lost, and I'll check out 30 Rock.

Thursdays - I've been with Survivor since Season 1, so I can't miss it. The Office seems like a show for me, but there's that time conflict. And then there's CSI afterwards, and maybe Six Degrees.

Friday and Saturday have nothing, anyway. Besides MADtv, that is.

Old 09/03/2006, 10:23 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Wait, has it already premiered?
Not on tv.......................... LOL

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.

Old 09/02/2006, 10:11 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt007 View Post
Heroes is excellent. The special effects are really good. I don't wanna give anything away, but all the characters are really interesting. The stripper character is my favorite so far. So yaY. Watch it
Wait, has it already premiered?

Old 09/02/2006, 8:32 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I really like Big Love. In fact, I don't see whats so wrong with having more than one spouse. I mean, if they all are willing and love eachother, why the hell not?

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------

Old 09/02/2006, 8:08 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I hope Big Love has been/ is getting renewed. It's awesome. Yay polygamy!

Old 09/02/2006, 8:00 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Jericho is a very good pilot. I just got done watching it. It really has me hooked so now I gotta wait like a month for the next episode to come on X_X Hehe. I must see what happens next. lOl. I recommend it if you like disaster movies/shows

Old 09/02/2006, 7:52 PM
His senses were dimmed

I'm heartbroken that Invasion was cancelled and it was really the only show I followed religiously.
A show I'm looking forward to seeing is something I would not be interested in normally. "Men In Trees" has someone in it who I think is awesome and a great actress so I will be checking it out when it premieres.
I will also be watching the "Big Day" show too. At first I was only interested because of Steph but it looks funny and I like some other actors in it.
I don't know about any other new shows, but I haven't looked too hard.
I want a new teenager sitcom to premiere like That 70's Show but that might take a while...

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards

Old 09/02/2006, 10:53 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't know about any of the new shows, but I'm excited about the return of House on Tuesday ^_^

Old 09/02/2006, 10:28 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Heroes is excellent. The special effects are really good. I don't wanna give anything away, but all the characters are really interesting. The stripper character is my favorite so far. So yaY. Watch it

Old 09/02/2006, 6:08 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Oh yeah, you can check out the show premieres and whatnot here:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/calendar.aspx

Old 09/02/2006, 6:06 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default New Season Shows

Any new shows that anyone is looking forward to?

So far, from what I've seen and read, I'm intrigued by three, and interested in two by association only:

Sound Interesting:

Jericho (CBS): Drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive.

Heroes (NBC): (X-Men: The Live Action Series, without the spandex costumes, and possibly the villains) The epic drama Heroes chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities. As a total eclipse casts it shadow across the globe, viewers follow a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy, "Blind Guy Driving") in India whose father's disappearance leads him to uncover a secret theory -- there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia, "The Bedford Diaries") tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar, "Judging Amy") that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere, "Ice Princess") learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas stripper (Ali Larter, "Final Destination"), struggling to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey, "My Wife & Kids"), uncovers that her mirror image has a secret. A prison inmate (Leonard Roberts, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") mysteriously finds himself waking up outside of his cell. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera, "Empire"), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and the relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress, "Third Watch"), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck beat cop (Greg Grunberg, "Alias") can hear people's thoughts, including the secrets of a captured terrorist. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka, "Scrubs") develops a way to stop time through sheer will power. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world.

Studio 60 (ABC): The executive producer of a late night sketch comedy show (Judd Hirsch guest starring) sparks a media frenzy when he has an on-air meltdown during a live broadcast. The newly minted network president (Amanda Peet) has to scramble to make things right by hiring back two former prized employees (Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford) to become the new executive producers of her network's flagship program. Steven Weber, D.L. Hughley, Sarah Paulson, Nathan Corddry and Timothy Busfield also star.

--> Seeing Bradley Whitford listed in the cast kind of worries me. I had a feeling when the show was announced that this might be like a sketch-comedy-based version of The West Wing, with the characters continually walking through the building talking about the latest crisis. Since this is supposedly a drama, I have mixed feelings about this one, but I think a drama that is based on a built-in-comedy is a nice twist on the typical show of this ilk, where the actual show is a comedy and the built in show is a drama. Tina Fey's show is going to be a comedy show within a comedy show ... good luck with that.

I'm looking forward to Big Day (ABC? I think) for one reason and one reason only: regular appearances by Stephnie Weir. I kinda like Wendy Mallick from Just Shoot Me and Marla Sokolof from Full House and whatever else she's been in, but I'll be tuning in for Steph.

Returning shows I'm looking forward to:
24 (even though we're only halfway through season 5. grrr)
Medium (If it is actually returning)
Lost
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy

Shows I am sad are finishing:
Rockstar Supernova. :'(

END