Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/13/2005, 8:06 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas

God Laney- Were you even in that chat room?
yeah... why?

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best

Old 07/13/2005, 8:12 PM
Hardcore Fan

nvm
Old 07/14/2005, 10:47 AM
what do you want!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mo4ever
actually, petitions work a lot. you should stop arguing with everyone and just accept the fact that you're not the smartest person in the world and you don't know everything about MADtv and what we can do to make them release Season DVDs.
one thing, not all petition get accepted, usually, (the ones ive seen) never do, also, i think ive known that i dont kow everything about MADtv.
Old 07/15/2005, 4:04 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by whoopiedoo2

one thing, not all petition get accepted, usually, (the ones ive seen) never do, also, i think ive known that i dont kow everything about MADtv.
You can always try. Even if it dosen't work at least they know that people are interested.
Old 07/15/2005, 4:05 PM
Be Kind to Your Nuggs

Exactly. Even if the petition doesn't work, it can still give the executives a hint as to how much the fans appreciate the show.

MySpace

<Badgina> No, many women have had their babies vacuumed out.
<Devin_> What if the bag is full?

There Trey, happy now?
Old 07/15/2005, 4:15 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Quote:
Originally posted by MADcityBadger
Exactly. Even if the petition doesn't work, it can still give the executives a hint as to how much the fans appreciate the show.
Yes it can!!! Good thinking lol, hopefully if it does come to that then that would be great, I mean come on more people perfer Season Sets over Best of's & Individual Epsiodes!

Tchaa, Ya Know What. . .I Have A Cat Named CeCe
Old 07/15/2005, 5:15 PM
Hardcore Fan

I liked how season 1 had best of parodies. They could at least release dvds like that.
Old 07/16/2005, 11:59 AM
what do you want!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Debrafan
I liked how season 1 had best of parodies. They could at least release dvds like that.
I dont think so, they put all the good paradies on the season 1 DVD. Mayeb they could do "Best Of" on cast members, or characters.
Old 08/16/2005, 11:50 PM

OH my! I never knew that the season 1 sales were so dismal. I bought mine the day it came out, and was happy as could be to have it. Perhaps they should have had it more available, as I had to look around town for it (and my town is pretty huge and has TONS of retail stores), and advertise it more. Perhaps people don't know it's out there for sale??

Anyways, I am sad that there's no FANTA on the darned new set coming out. What a drag.

I am now perplexed as to why this forum was threatened about downloads if they aren't going to release the good stuff. If they aren't going to release it in seasons, let us package it and trade it about!

Anyways, it's looking pretty dismal for mad tv these days, season 11 sounds like a drag, and there's no season 2 dvd coming out. *sigh* I agree with a lot of you about seasons selling more as they get into the more cliche characters that made people watch it a lot.

Old 08/17/2005, 8:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fanta

I am now perplexed as to why this forum was threatened about downloads if they aren't going to release the good stuff. If they aren't going to release it in seasons, let us package it and trade it about!

I agree.
Old 08/18/2005, 12:26 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Since I haven't visited this thread in a while, I decided to poke my head in. O.K., I could have done w/o the rotten tomatoes in the face, but aaaaaaaanyhoo....I see that we still don't have a Season 2 petition. Now, because I'm a man on the move who likes to get things done, I would love to volunteer the half-second of my precious time required to draw up this lovely petition at petitionsonline.com. (I'm assuming that's the route we would be taking.) However, because I've never done anything like this before yet am assuming that it will not be too difficult, I would like to get some feedback on a few points:

--Are most of us still on board with the whole petition idea? (I guess I should find that out first, eh? )

--Should I mention just Season 2 on the petition since that's our immediate goal, or should I say that we eventually want all of the seasons on DVD since that's our long-term goal?

--To whom would I distribute this petition once we've received all of the signatures? (I assume that we're not going to let this thing simply fester in cyberspace.)

--Will any of this ultimately make any real difference, or is it just a waste of my precious half-second?

--Am I just a fussy, old man who worries needlessly? (O.K., skip that one. )

Anyhoo, I just figured that if we're going to do something about this whole situation, then we should probably stop digging around inside our navels--cool, I found lint!--and start cowboying up on this baby...or something. Ahem *starts talking in a deep, businesslike voice,* ladies and gentlemen, I look forward to your immediate feedback on this highly pertinent matter.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/18/2005, 12:37 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't know that a petition would work this time around...I mean, it may have worked the first time, but now that they've seen the disappointing sales that the first one drew in, they might not be willing to risk it again. That's just my opinion though.

Then again, a petition couldn't hurt anything. We have nothing to lose right?
Old 08/18/2005, 12:42 AM
His senses were dimmed

The only thing that will help is maybe if you buy the DVD when it comes out. If this thing sells good we can hope that more dvd will be released. Better than nothing IMO.

Maybe buy two copies or another season 1 set lol.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 08/18/2005, 1:25 AM
Hardcore Fan

Instead of signing a petition to make season two box set, just buy the Best Of dvd. Then they might make season two on dvd.
Old 08/18/2005, 1:27 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mizzimad
Since I haven't visited this thread in a while, I decided to poke my head in. O.K., I could have done w/o the rotten tomatoes in the face, but aaaaaaaanyhoo....I see that we still don't have a Season 2 petition. Now, because I'm a man on the move who likes to get things done, I would love to volunteer the half-second of my precious time required to draw up this lovely petition at petitionsonline.com. (I'm assuming that's the route we would be taking.) However, because I've never done anything like this before yet am assuming that it will not be too difficult, I would like to get some feedback on a few points:

--Are most of us still on board with the whole petition idea? (I guess I should find that out first, eh? )

--Should I mention just Season 2 on the petition since that's our immediate goal, or should I say that we eventually want all of the seasons on DVD since that's our long-term goal?

--To whom would I distribute this petition once we've received all of the signatures? (I assume that we're not going to let this thing simply fester in cyberspace.)

--Will any of this ultimately make any real difference, or is it just a waste of my precious half-second?

--Am I just a fussy, old man who worries needlessly? (O.K., skip that one. )

Anyhoo, I just figured that if we're going to do something about this whole situation, then we should probably stop digging around inside our navels--cool, I found lint!--and start cowboying up on this baby...or something. Ahem *starts talking in a deep, businesslike voice,* ladies and gentlemen, I look forward to your immediate feedback on this highly pertinent matter.
I hope so, Just go the petitions online website and create the petition and everyone here will put there signature on it.
Old 08/18/2005, 1:30 AM
Hardcore Fan

I'm not gonna buy it because I only make ten dollars a week and I'm not gonna waste it on a dvd of sketches that I already have taped.

My brother is gonna buy it though.
Old 08/18/2005, 8:41 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 08/18/2005, 9:29 AM
Totally F****able

Woo! I'd buy it simply for the fact that Mo in all her glory is on the cover.........

Heh.

Old 08/18/2005, 11:05 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

This DVD cover is really a "National Day Of Mourning" for long time MADtv fans everywhere.
Old 08/18/2005, 12:30 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I'm really baffled by the fact that they think Bae Sung is such a great character that they should make a shirt with him on it AND put him on the cover of a DVD that they label "Best of"