Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/21/2003, 1:35 PM
Only Passing Through

Default Just like Mo...

they shouldve paid Debra Wilson whatever she asked for. She was, next to Mo, the most awesome performer on the show.

Now, see... if the people in charge of " Mo TV " had been wearing signs, we could've told them NOT to let Debra go before all this went down...

Old 12/08/2003, 8:32 AM
Totally F****able

I read it in that newsgroup too...........

Sad to say it but a lot of disputes that lead to departures are about money.

Old 12/08/2003, 2:02 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Just thought I'd post this that I found on the newsgroup:

"A while back I posted that I went to the same Post Office, 90039, as
Debra Wilson and would ask her "What's up?" if I saw her.

I didn't see her after a few trips. I asked the clerks if she had come
in lately. They said she hadn't because she moved to Sherman Oaks, CA
(a more showbiz-y address than 90039). I asked why she wasn't on MAD TV
anymore. They said that her contract expired and she couldn't come to a
$$ agreement with the producers. I asked if she was working. One clerk
said she saw her on "Hollywood Squares"...

I wish her only good things.

(I still wonder if Whitney Houston didn't have her "disappeared" from
MAD TV. "Bobby!!! Bobby!!!")"

...I guess it was about money.

Old 06/22/2003, 1:46 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Madness
Hey guys,

I'm about to get very busy so I may disappear for a while, but before I do I just wanted to say -

I think everyone should improvise! Even if you eventually just want to perform sketch or write only, improv really helps you learn how comedy works.

It's also great for people who just want to play and to be better people.

Jericho, improvising is the hardest thing in the world! That's why I am addicted to it. I think anyone can learn how to do it and the more different kinds of people who do it, the better. If you feel like you are not a "natural" it doesn't matter. You can learn how to do it.

The only requirement is that you are committed to learning how to listen, how to play and how to relate to other people.

Fortunately, there are improv schools cropping up everywhere, so if there are more advanced groups that you can't play with at your school, then I suggest you take a classes somewhere. Beginning classes are usually basic enough for anyone to get started. If you go to yesand.com, people can help you find a place to take classes in your town.

Take care y'all. I'll visit again soon.
Thanks for the advice, Madness. I really appreciate it. Hope to hear from you again soon!

Old 06/22/2003, 12:40 PM
Fresh Meat

Hey guys,

I'm about to get very busy so I may disappear for a while, but before I do I just wanted to say -

I think everyone should improvise! Even if you eventually just want to perform sketch or write only, improv really helps you learn how comedy works.

It's also great for people who just want to play and to be better people.

Jericho, improvising is the hardest thing in the world! That's why I am addicted to it. I think anyone can learn how to do it and the more different kinds of people who do it, the better. If you feel like you are not a "natural" it doesn't matter. You can learn how to do it.

The only requirement is that you are committed to learning how to listen, how to play and how to relate to other people.

Fortunately, there are improv schools cropping up everywhere, so if there are more advanced groups that you can't play with at your school, then I suggest you take a classes somewhere. Beginning classes are usually basic enough for anyone to get started. If you go to yesand.com, people can help you find a place to take classes in your town.

Take care y'all. I'll visit again soon.

Old 06/21/2003, 9:36 PM
Regular

Madness, I'd like to welcome you to the board, too. Feel free to post like crazy.

I tried to become an improv performer at my school, but I quickly found out that improv is harder than I had thought. I was wondering what certain qualities and skills should someone have in order to pull it off?

Old 06/21/2003, 3:39 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well thank you for complementing the board, you are very welcome to be here, you'll fit right in! So, are you in any way connected to MADtv or how did you get to be at that comedy show? What cast members did you get to see; did they perform any sketches? Do you know anything else about the MADtv cast next year?

I think it's cool how you are in sketch comedy, sounds fascinating, I'd LOVE to chat with you about it some day...I see you don't have private messages activated...can I have your email address if you don't mind, I want to ask you some questions because I always wanted to know about the technicalities to sketch comedy.

Old 06/21/2003, 2:46 PM
Fresh Meat

Thanks for the welcome.

Mad Dog, I saw Jordan Peele perform at the Chicago Improv Festival in May with the cast and writers of MADtv where they introduced him as the "newest cast member." Then when I saw you all speculating, I googled his name and found the Boom Chicago site confirming. Not so exciting.

This forum is great. I am an improviser and sketch writer/performer, this has been a great reference point. I appreciate both the factual information and the opinions on these boards.

I will most likely come and go in waves as time allows - but hello all!

Old 06/20/2003, 8:51 PM
Christina Aguilera

By the Way... Welcome to the forum Madness!

"Well Hello!"
"Oh great, a talking gecko!"

Old 06/20/2003, 7:52 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Madness, I was just wondering...this may sound stupid but last time I had an instinct like this it was right, but you knew about Jordan Peele joining the cast so do you have any connections to him or the Amsterdam comedy troop he's from? Cause I searched on the internet everywhere for articles about people joining MADtv and couldn't find anything and you managed to know about this. last time I had an instinct like this, it lead to family of a cast member which was exciting for me! Please don't laugh if i'm wrong.

Old 06/20/2003, 6:43 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Actually, there is no rumour of Daniele being hired, for there is no evidence to support this. I saw that MADtv credit on her resume a long time ago (more than a year ago actually). Well, the only rumour here is that if Jordan Peele is black, and is hired on as a featured player for one season, what does this say about the time left with Aries Spears (i'm guessing now that season nine is Aries' last season).

Thanks for this tidbit Madness, I'm gonna submit it to the news section and tell them to credit you.

Old 06/20/2003, 3:20 PM
Regular

They are hiring quite a few people from that club in Amsterdam!

Old 06/20/2003, 3:16 PM
Fresh Meat

Yes, Tami is a writer. She is white. She was on Second City mainstage with Rich Talarico, also a writer and also white, and Stephnie Weir. They are all hilarious.

Jordon Peele is black. He was in a duo show called "Two White Guys" with a white woman, Rebecca who is now on Second City tourco. It sounds like he was also doing some sort of black/white comedian competition show with a white guy in Amsterdam.

I guess if Daniele has appeared as an extra, then my guess of her being hired was more of starting a rumor than news.

Old 06/20/2003, 1:15 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well, I just checked imdb.com and it says that Debra Wilson has left the show. But they are so slow at updating it so i won't be surprised if they make more updates later on.

Old 06/20/2003, 12:57 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Oh nevermind... Tami's one of the writers. Got a little too optimistic there

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november

Old 06/20/2003, 12:51 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Is Jordon Peele black or white...I cannot tell, he looks like both...teehee and what nationality is Tami Sagher? Does this mean she's a featured player or a perminant? "Tami Sagher" sounds like a black name so likely she's replacing Debra.....And i saw MADtv on Daniele Gaither's resume and I think she was an extra before...one of the Destiny Child girls.

Old 06/20/2003, 12:40 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Thanks.

joining ex-Boomers Josh Meyers, Ike Barinholtz and Tami Sagher

Who's Tami? A new chick hired for MadTV? Thanks a bunch that's quite interesting...

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november

Old 06/20/2003, 11:30 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Madness

Daniele is from the Groundlings in addition to being from Hype and the Re-run show.

If you look at the Groundlings cast list, she has MADtv listed in her bio. If she hasn't been on the show already - then she must have been hired for next season.

Yes?

Jordan Peele, a Chicago guy who has been at Boom Chicago, has definitely been hired. He performed with the MAD cast and writers in Chicago and was introduced as the newest cast member.

Here's the link to Boom Chicago taking about it:

http://www.boomchicago.nl/Section/Latest-News/567

Old 06/20/2003, 8:16 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I doubt they will just for the reason they already hired someone from both the re-run show and HYPE. I hope they actually hire someone from Groundlings or Second City because they tend to have more stage experience and know how to develop good characters. Afterall, most of our favourite MADtv cast was hired out of comedy clubs. Stage experience really helps. Look at Ron Pederson for example. Has anyone noticed this?

Old 06/20/2003, 12:28 AM
Sing: "Fanta! Fanta!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Daniele Gaither or something like that?
Oh my gosh, that is a perfect idea! Daniele Gaither would be a great addition to the cast. Now, don't get me wrong... NO ONE will EVER replace Debra (she is incredible) but Daniele was pretty darn funny on HYPE and did some GREAT impressions on The RERUN SHOW (like Florence AND Weezie at the same time - that was funny stuff). She'd get my vote. She's got a lot of experience too. I don't think they would ever hire anyone who already has a TV name that's too big like the woman from "Fresh Prince", so Daniele seems like an obvious choice.