Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/13/2003, 8:15 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Post Debra Wilson in "Skin Deep"

Debra Wilson will star in the movie "Skin Deep", a psychological thriller that twists the subjects of love, sex, and race into a shocking psychological thriller. Debra will play the role of "Alex", a woman with a lustful desire for the protagonist of the story. Here is some info on the plot:
Skin Deep is a psychological thriller about love, sex, race, and betrayal involving an interracial couple, a black couple, and a mistress.

The two black men (Anthony and Michael) are successful in the high tech world of Silicon Valley, and have known each other since childhood.

The story takes place over the course of a day, when the couples get together for an afternoon of dining, drinking, and hot tubbing.

Later, one of the wives is found dead in the hot tub, setting off a series of events that reveal their inner beliefs. Things turn dark as racism, paranoia, and the mistress come into play. This results in more deaths, until the ultimate realization that your thoughts and actions are more important than the color of your skin.
The movie is currently under production and will be released sometime in 2003. More information can be found at the official site.

UPDATE: "Skin Deep" can now be purchased at Amazon.com.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)

Old 01/13/2003, 8:18 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Here are some pictures of Debra working on the movie:

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Old 01/13/2003, 9:23 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Yaaaaaay, FINALLY Debra is getting out there and doing some non-MADtv related work! That is GREAT news!

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 01/13/2003, 9:32 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, I was practically DYING to see Debra do some non-madtv work..

--Reality Check

Old 01/13/2003, 10:05 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Yeah, I was practically DYING to see Debra do some non-madtv work..
Me too, the only other thing I have seen her do (besides guest appearances) is "Whose Line Is It Anyway?". She was great on that, but I don't think she was in that many episodes. I just happened to catch it one time when she was on.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 01/14/2003, 2:24 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Yeah, it's great to see Debra doing non-"MadTV" related work. I just hope it doesn't mean we see so little of her on "MadTV" like we did in season six.

Blah.. I REALLY do not like those short blond dreadlocks she has nowadays. They make her look a lot older, like in that third pic. She looks MUCH better (and younger) with longer, darker hair - like in the Angela sketch in #802, and the Bunifa sketch in episode #808. Or if she wants to keep the blond, she should at least have them a lot longer. Ah well.. at least they're not supershort, like they were in season six.. those were REALLY bad..
Old 01/14/2003, 2:43 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Yeah, it's great to see Debra doing non-"MadTV" related work. I just hope it doesn't mean we see so little of her on "MadTV" like we did in season six.
Yeah, the show would be BAD if she wasn't on it. I think that she is the best cast member of season 8.
Quote:
She looks MUCH better (and younger) with longer, darker hair - like in the Angela sketch in #802, and the Bunifa sketch in episode #808. Or if she wants to keep the blond, she should at least have them a lot longer. Ah well.. at least they're not supershort, like they were in season six.. those were REALLY bad..
Although I'm not a big fan of the blonde dreadlocks, I think that they are very Debra. In real life, she is nothing like Bunifa, she dresses very modest and casual. But, she does look about 10 years younger with the wig on. Oh...did anyone else notice that Bunifa's wig has improved a lot? The old one was looking pretty bad by season 7.

Old 01/14/2003, 3:47 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Although I'm not a big fan of the blonde dreadlocks, I think that they are very Debra

Yeah, they are. They're kind of wild and zany, which is like Debra. But still.. she should at least grow them out.
And if she was going to use a wild, haircolored cut she should do it with like Janet Jackson did back in '98 (I find red much sexier than blonde) see here http://www.janet-xone.com/images/1997/nyrjjdj.jpg Or a very vibrant red, rrrrr.. http://www.janet-xone.com/images/1998/tourbookrob.jpg

Quote:
In real life, she is nothing like Bunifa, she dresses very modest and casual.

Oh, I know. I mean, look at how she was dressed when introducing Ja Rule in episode #711 lol

I think longer hair makes pretty much every woman look younger (and better) anyway.
Old 01/14/2003, 7:53 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

I think that Debra's new hairstyle makes her look more "butch," but then again: I shouldn't be commenting anyway, her hair is her own business.

--Reality Check