Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/30/2007, 9:08 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Default American Idol 6

I know that some of you goons are watching this, right? At least you'd better be; otherwise, I'm going to feel damn foolish for starting this thread.

I'm pissed as punch that I missed tonight's episode. I set my VCR to record it; and when I got home, the sumbitch tape had miraculously popped out. (I blame the cats. Fukcers. ) Anywhichways, I'll probably just check YouTube over the next few days to see if anyone has posted anything good. I checked americanidol.com, but all I found are slide shows and sucky audition recraps. (Not a typo. Sic...or sick. ) I for one find the initial auditions to be the best parts of the show; so I'm not a shiny, happy person right now. I'll go on...somehow. But anyhoozeez, here's the discussion thread.

Oh, one more thing:

SUNDANCEHEADS, UNITE!!!!

"We can dig it!"

Old 01/30/2007, 9:12 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

hmm, by this time last season there were about a thousand different threads for american idol haha X_X
Old 01/30/2007, 9:14 PM
zlolz

Yeah, I'm watching it. I was hooked on Seasons 4 and 5...this season i'm losing a bit of interest, but it's still good.

My favorite so far is Antonella Barba, because she's hot, she can sing, and she only lives about 50 minutes away from me! BTW, I'd like to inform you all that the NY auditions took place in NJ, not NY.

Anyway yeah, you didn't miss much tonight, mizzimad. It bored me. Although some girl told Randy he was a fat-ass. But as for me, I like the top 12 the best, just cause it's exciting.

Old 01/30/2007, 9:18 PM
Staff Alumnus

Ooh, slander in the Dawg's direction! Well, good, as long as I didn't miss too much.

Yeah, Mark, I remember last season. *Cough!* *Metsfan666!* *Cough!* I'm hoping we won't have a repeat of that little episode.

As far as the bad auditions go, I have yet to see anything this season that tops that Ian guy from New York...uh, Jersey: "Rubbish? Nobody says that anymore. Who are you?" Uh, he's Simon Cowell, and you are....

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2007, 9:23 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
Ooh, slander in the Dawg's direction! Well, good, as long as I didn't miss too much.

Yeah, Mark, I remember last season. *Cough!* *Metsfan666!* *Cough!* I'm hoping we won't have a repeat of that little episode.

As far as the bad auditions go, I have yet to see anything this season that tops that Ian guy from New York...uh, Jersey: "Rubbish? Nobody says that anymore. Who are you?" Uh, he's Simon Cowell, and you are....
He was amusing. Apparently he also tried out for So You Think You Can Dance! I liked the last girl who sang Lady Marmalade, though.

Old 01/30/2007, 9:25 PM
Staff Alumnus

Oh yeah, she was a keeper too. She was just too good for "AI," yanno, what with her being so far out of the mainstream and all. So edgy!

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2007, 9:27 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Oh yeah, she was a keeper too. She was just too good for "AI," yanno, what with her being so far out of the mainstream and all. So edgy!
Yeah, I still laugh when I see her audition on YouTube. But I still think my favorite bad audition EVER is the girl from Season 4 who had "voices in her head". Remember her?

Old 01/30/2007, 9:29 PM
Staff Alumnus

Hmm, I have a vague recollection of her; however, I can't quite place her. I guess the bad ones tend to blur after a while...lol.

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2007, 9:30 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Hmm, I have a vague recollection of her; however, I can't quite place her. I guess the bad ones tend to blur after a while...lol.
I remember her clearly. She was...freaky, to say the last. Her name was Mary Roach I think.

Old 01/30/2007, 9:34 PM
Staff Alumnus

That name actually sounds familiar. Now I'm all curiousified and stuff. I'mma go check YouTube; maybe it'll pop up.

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2007, 9:37 PM
zlolz

Not sure if this works, but eh.

http://www.newsfly.org/media/americanidol.htm

Old 01/30/2007, 9:48 PM
Staff Alumnus

Oh, thanks, Rurry. Yeah, I remember her now: "I'm NOT gonna lose it! I'm NOT gonna lose it." Uh, yeah, yeah, you are, dear. Eww, creepy. I'm going to have nightmares.

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/30/2007, 9:51 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Oh, thanks, Rurry. Yeah, I remember her now: "I'm NOT gonna lose it! I'm NOT gonna lose it." Uh, yeah, yeah, you are, dear. Eww, creepy. I'm going to have nightmares.
I loved her last song! So much talent.

Old 01/31/2007, 7:24 PM
Hardcore Fan

I like that girl who sang Don't Cha by Pussycat Dolls. Was that even a girl? Anyway she was funny.
Old 01/31/2007, 9:14 PM
His senses were dimmed

I watched a bit tonight. I saw this old man singing and I was like.... What is going on here. Then I read that he was there because his Grand Daughter (or another family member) was planning to audition and passed away. He sang a nice song for her and Paula was crying. It was a nice bit of sincerity for an otherwise malicious (yet hilarious) show.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 01/31/2007, 9:36 PM
zlolz

The last guy was definitley the funniest.

And the thing with the old guy was sweet.

Actually, I changed my mind. I think the Peanut Butter Jelly Time guy was the funniest, LOL. They should've shown his full audition.

Old 01/31/2007, 10:02 PM
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, for a minute there, I was thinking, okay, if they're letting him audition for real, then I am so there next year. (I'm 38, not 90 or 91 or whatever else Potty, Nik, and Amanda have been telling you guys. ) Then I saw that his song was simply a dedication for his S.O.--right?--who had passed away. Awww, it made Paula cry...again.

Is it just me, or is there a greater emphasis on bad singers than in past years? I mean, before this year, there seemed to be a bit more of a balance between good and bad; this year, we're getting about 95% hopeless-no-way-in-hell-they'll-ever-make-it-through-are-you-serious to 5% wow-he-or-she-could-be-in-the-finals. But yeah, that last guy was priceless. I love how the judges kept telling him to sing lower, yet he continued to sing in that broken falsetto (to put it euphemistically).

Oh, and Oblivious Neutron-Bomb is still muy caliente. Oom, yeah, I'd do her. RightlikeIwouldeverhavethechance.

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/31/2007, 10:18 PM
O YEAH?! o no.

haha yeah that last guy was funny as hell, you could just tell the judges were just fukcing with him after a while lol,,,shameless plug: i went to school/sort of know jordin sparks, the girl that auditioned in seattle and simon said she was "too sweet" (that sugar in the coffee thing) but she did awesome so im voting for her!

Old 02/01/2007, 5:04 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Holy s***********T! I love this show. It's so freaking hilarious! I haven't followed the show completely since season 3 when Fantasia won. But I'm definitely following it again. I cant believe I gave it up for awhile. This show makes my day. ^_^ Did you see that fat lady in the full yellow outfit claiming she was like...15 years old or some **** and she was really 50 years old. Lmfao. THE. BEST.

Oh yeah, I like how they had that sexxxxy young, black 16-year-old on there who could sing really well, and then right after it they ruined it by showing that fat, hyper bitch.

THAT'S GOOD TV.

I'm totalizzy auditioning this year if they come to this area. ^_^ I don't know if I can sing but WE'LL FIND OUT.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 02/09/2007, 7:41 PM
zlolz

Wellll...auditions are done. I'm kinda excited for Hollywood week, it looks chock full o' drama (as usual ). It's been cut down to one episode this year though.