Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/24/2005, 8:58 AM
Hardcore Fan

Well if you're wondering (and if you care), still no sightning of the new MADtv DVD but there are 4 different DVDs for the film "Charlie And the Chocolate Facotry" in the top ten for this week's Billboard DVD sales chart.

And also probaly a sign that diehard MADtv fans want a Season 2 DVD rather than a Best of 8,9 & 10 they have out now. on the Amazon list, The Season 1 DVD is at #3,585, while the Best of 8, 9 & 10 DVD is falling to #3,878 this week.

Well, I'll give this one more week and then will make this thread history.

Old 12/01/2005, 10:57 AM
Hardcore Fan

Well it's offical, The New MADtv DVD is not a big seller since it didn't appear on the chart like the Season 1 DVD did last year despite moving up #2,088.

If you read MADtv's Offical Message Board, The so-called MADtv informer said that there is at the moment no other plans to release any more DVD's at the moment.

Hopefully if we bug him enough, Maybe we will force him to tell the producers of MADtv and Warner Home Video to release more DVD's in the near future.
Old 12/01/2005, 2:19 PM
Totally F****able

We can "bug" the mad informer all we want, the point is....and ive said this a zillion times before....

If the DVD doesn't sell enough to cover costs let alone make a profit, then there's no way Warner Bros will even think about considering releasing more DVD's.......

Because its not financially feasible......regardless of what we want......If we don't go out and buy enough copies for them to recoup losses and make a profit......forget about anymore DVD's.

Old 12/05/2005, 6:37 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default DVD Review: Madtv – Best of Season 8, 9, and 10

With three hours of craziness, Madtv – Best of Season 8, 9, and 10 has tons of laughs and proves that the show’s actors will reach any low needed to deliver the show’s unique style of comedy.

The DVD collects the favorite sketches, spoofs and parodies from the three seasons and features some of the show’s best loved characters - including the overgrown child Stuart, Ms. Swan, and Dot. The collection is divided into the three seasons with each section having about 12 to 14 different sketches.

Season 8 opens with a parody of “reality stars” The Osbournes and Anna Nicole Show, and then quickly moves into a Stuart sketch – one of the show’s most popular and disturbing characters. The season also shows that nothing is above getting the “Mad” treatment as the actors present their own takes on talk show icon Oprah and even President George Bush.

Out of all the 8th season’s selections, the Oprah parodies are by far the funniest, and include Oprah: Jackass - where the icon takes part in the equally disturbing Jackass television show, and Oprah: Fat Camera where the actors poke fun at her public issues with weight. Debra Wilson is great in the role of Oprah, and really has fun at the real Oprah’s expense.

Season 9’s laughs belong to Michael McDonald and the many disturbing characters that he brings to the show.

The season’s collection features two Stuart skits - where the rude kid visits a therapist and torments a next-door neighbor. The selection also includes Marvin Tikvah - another of McDonald’s bizarre characters who makes you laugh and feel queasy at the same time. Stephanie Weir also shows she can hang with McDonald through her character Dot and her attempt to win a national spelling bee.

Season 10 has some of the best laughs out of the DVD with skits featuring Ms. Swan on Valentine’s Day, and parodies of hit shows like Lost and Growing up Gotti.

The Lost skit is hilarious and makes fun of several of the elements that make the hit suspense series so great. McDonald, Weir and other cast members nail several of Lost actors. The skit also takes a couple of pot shots at CBS’ hit reality show Survivor with a special appearance by Jeff Probst. The Survivor host shows he isn’t above making fun of himself, and seems to fit in with the rest of Madtv’s cast perfectly.

The DVD is a little light on special features, but does include Stuart Bloopers with optional commentary by McDonald. The bloopers show just how hard it is for the other actors to keep their composure when McDonlad goes wild and even shows the actor breaking character from time to time.

Although the DVD collects some of the funniest skits from the three seasons, fans of the show may be a little disappointed that complete seasons were not released instead of a best of DVD. Also, the DVD does get a bit repetitive after the first couple of skits, and people not familiar with the show might get a bit annoyed before it is over.

Madtv brings some of the best comedy on television right now, and the show continues to get better. The actors prove time and again that they will do anything to keep the audience laughing. The DVD is a great collection of some of the series’ funniest characters and sketches. I highly recommend it for fans of the series.

Madtv – Best of Season 8, 9, and 10 is now available at Amazon. As of yet, there is not a release date for the UK. Visit the DVD’s database for more information.
http://dvd.monstersandcritics.com/re...son_8_9_and_10

Old 12/05/2005, 7:06 PM
Totally F****able

Wow, that is by far the most positive thing I've seen written about this DVD.......

that guy must've been high,drunk or bored.

Old 12/05/2005, 7:37 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl4405
Wow, that is by far the most positive thing I've seen written about this DVD.......

that guy must've been high,drunk or bored.
I agree with you there Scorp