Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Music
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one of today’s young female artists has the brightest future?
Hilary Duff 2 11.11%
Avril Lavigne 2 11.11%
Kelly Clarkson 8 44.44%
Ashlee Simpson 0 0%
Amy Lee 2 11.11%
Shakira 1 5.56%
Pink 3 16.67%
Lindsay Lohan 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06/11/2007, 3:16 PM
zlolz

Never Again is funny. "I HOPE MY RING TURNS YOUR FINGER GREEN" or somethin like that. LOLLL.

*is way late with this*

Old 06/11/2007, 5:11 PM
D2F

I'm fighting it but I think by the end of the afternoon I'll be grabbing a torrent of her new album

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 06/11/2007, 5:27 PM
zlolz

What made you decide to do this?

Old 06/11/2007, 5:35 PM
D2F

I think I'm in some sort of odd sunny mood today for some reason. Its also out of curiosity. I'm not proud of this. I'll have the album im about half an hour

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 06/11/2007, 5:43 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i love that you listen to kelly clarkson
it makes me smile
Old 06/11/2007, 6:51 PM
Bender: still great

Kelly Clarkson ist krieg, Nemesis!

Old 06/11/2007, 6:58 PM
D2F

I think i might be taking a halfassed attempt at photoshopping some corpse paint on her. Expect it to be terrible.

Edit: no I won't. I just remembered that I suck at photoshop.

Ok so I just blew threw her album. Here's how it works:
The rock songs she does are awful. They're awful in one part because she can't stop singing breakup songs and 2 because her band puts in absolutely no effort into composing the music (or maybe somebody else composed it?). It doesn't have to be anything technical but the instruments are really muddled and ruin entire songs. When she's good she's good because its only her voice and she's doing her best Norah Jones impersonation.

The tracks in red suck, the tracks not in red suck much less or don't suck.

1) Never Again: This is the only song that sounds like the band could have been awake at the recording session. Still not very good though.
2) One Minute: Its pretty much a drum beat and a steady bassline. It sounds like it should be in some sort of commercial.
3) Hole: Lulz@downtuned guitars. The lyrics (which I don't care about) sound like a middle school poetry assignment. Theres a hole, inside of me, its so cold
4) Sober: Good song for what it is. Very slow paced but thats good because its just her voice. I don't know why Kelly is writing a song about being 3 months sober. Was she an alcoholic?
5) Don't Waste Your Time: Sounds like college rock. No thanks.
6) Judas: Oh wow another song about backstabbing. Meh.
7) Haunted: I guess this is supposed to be a darker song on the album. Sounds like Linkin Park at times Crawling in my skiiiiiiiiiin
8) Be Still: She's got a nice voice. I've noticed all the good slower songs on here sound VERY Nora Jones-ish.
9) Maybe: See above, except a little more rock sounding.
10) How I Feel: Awful.
11) Yeah: This could have been a cool sort of jazz fusion sounding song but of course the instruments are phoned in again.
12) Can I Have A Kiss? Meh
13) Irvine: There are times where I almost thought that Nora Jones was actually singing this song. Still decent.
14) Chivas [Hidden Track]: Kind of cool acoustic track. You can tell when you are hearing a bonus track because the singer laughs at the end. LOL, JUST 4 FUN!

Last edited by NemesisDesign; 06/11/2007 at 7:48 PM.
Old 07/13/2007, 9:39 PM
Recurring member

Default None of them do

they're just a bunch of hoochie mamas. Crack whores in the making I always say. The only one I believe will have a good future is probably Pink and Kelly Clarkson. They're formula is plain and simple. They don't give a f***. They are themselves 100% of the time and that's why we like them. Those other losers can eat my dust. They're music is trash to my ears. Except that Hilary duff she looks pretty good now. She needs to go into hip hop or something.

Old 07/13/2007, 9:55 PM
D2F

Even though it probably isn't necessary, I'm going to add Katharine McPhee to this practically dead threat. How does everybody think she's going to do?

What prompts this is that I just saw her new video on TV. The song itself is utter dogsh.t and its clear that the point of the video was to more or less serve as fapping material (crawling around on a desk, implied sex in a coat closet, etc). I'm not surprised

Old 07/13/2007, 10:12 PM
zlolz

Well, her CD has been out since January and she's only sold like 300,000 copies, so I don't think she's doing too well as of now. The AI runner-ups almost always flop anyway.

And yeah, her new song is awful.

Old 07/14/2007, 1:33 PM
Recurring member

Katherine McPhee does NOT have a bright future. She's flirty, promiscuous, and almost certain to become one the drug addict stars.

Old 07/18/2007, 4:56 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
I think i might be taking a halfassed attempt at photoshopping some corpse paint on her. Expect it to be terrible.

Edit: no I won't. I just remembered that I suck at photoshop.

Ok so I just blew threw her album. Here's how it works:
The rock songs she does are awful. They're awful in one part because she can't stop singing breakup songs and 2 because her band puts in absolutely no effort into composing the music (or maybe somebody else composed it?). It doesn't have to be anything technical but the instruments are really muddled and ruin entire songs. When she's good she's good because its only her voice and she's doing her best Norah Jones impersonation.

The tracks in red suck, the tracks not in red suck much less or don't suck.

1) Never Again: This is the only song that sounds like the band could have been awake at the recording session. Still not very good though.
2) One Minute: Its pretty much a drum beat and a steady bassline. It sounds like it should be in some sort of commercial.
3) Hole: Lulz@downtuned guitars. The lyrics (which I don't care about) sound like a middle school poetry assignment. Theres a hole, inside of me, its so cold
4) Sober: Good song for what it is. Very slow paced but thats good because its just her voice. I don't know why Kelly is writing a song about being 3 months sober. Was she an alcoholic?
5) Don't Waste Your Time: Sounds like college rock. No thanks.
6) Judas: Oh wow another song about backstabbing. Meh.
7) Haunted: I guess this is supposed to be a darker song on the album. Sounds like Linkin Park at times Crawling in my skiiiiiiiiiin
8) Be Still: She's got a nice voice. I've noticed all the good slower songs on here sound VERY Nora Jones-ish.
9) Maybe: See above, except a little more rock sounding.
10) How I Feel: Awful.
11) Yeah: This could have been a cool sort of jazz fusion sounding song but of course the instruments are phoned in again.
12) Can I Have A Kiss? Meh
13) Irvine: There are times where I almost thought that Nora Jones was actually singing this song. Still decent.
14) Chivas [Hidden Track]: Kind of cool acoustic track. You can tell when you are hearing a bonus track because the singer laughs at the end. LOL, JUST 4 FUN!

The members in red suck:

NemesisDesign

j/k j/k j/k j/k you know i love ya

Old 07/20/2007, 1:32 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

hahahahaha
what?
Old 07/29/2007, 7:11 PM
Fresh Meat

avril all the way
even though she sucks