Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Music
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/28/2006, 3:41 AM
26/07/16!!

Default Killswitch Engage

Just started listening to Killswitch Engage a couple months ago and although im not much of a metal fan i actually really like these guys. They only have three albums that have been released so far with the next one due out later this year (they are also touring Australia and NZ in a few months which is awesome). Anyone else heard of or are fans this band?

Last edited by funny_guy; 10/24/2006 at 11:19 PM.

Old 08/28/2006, 6:12 PM
O YEAH?! o no.

ive seen one of their videos,,,they were in the desert and the floor was grey, do u know what song it was? cus i liked that one,,,and i know their lead singer is like a black guy w/ huge arms lol

Old 08/28/2006, 8:53 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like madtv View Post
ive seen one of their videos,,,they were in the desert and the floor was grey, do u know what song it was? cus i liked that one,,,and i know their lead singer is like a black guy w/ huge arms lol
I think that would be "Rose of Sharyn" from their most recent album "The End of Heartache". The singer on their previous two albums is actually a different guy than the one they have now (Howard Jones) who came into the band just after the release of their second album where he became the new vocalist for the third album. There is a lot of debate on who is better, they both are pretty good IMO i dunno who i like more.

Old 08/28/2006, 11:00 PM
His senses were dimmed

I went to a concert and they were one of the bands. They weren't that great live. I never bothered to hear their recorded stuff.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 08/28/2006, 11:20 PM
26/07/16!!

I think their newest album is the one that is the most popular and has got the most recognition with songs being on the "Resident Evil" and "Freddy vs Jason" soundtracks not to mention in the end credits of both those movies. Their first album wasnt that great as it had a lot of screaming and stuff in it but the other two have more of a mix of hard and soft singing which i think extends to a wider audience.

Old 09/13/2006, 4:41 PM
D2F

KE are metalcore not metal, don't besmirch the genre!

Anywho yeah I've seen that rose video and have heard some of their songs. Not really my cup of tea, but a lot of people I know are really into 'em.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 10/24/2006, 8:37 PM
26/07/16!!

Yeah i know they are metalcore i didnt want to confuse all the non metal fans with the specifics lol

Just went to their concert earlier this week it was awesome, they were quite taken back by the support they had it was funny. Check out one of their new songs someone made a clip on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZX90zH578, will be an awesome album when it comes out.