Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/05/2005, 5:41 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Post Moore "Hot Properties" News

No, that was not a typo.

The Hollywood Reporter has recently announced that another former MADtver will be replacing one of the lead castmembers in "Hot Properties," the show currently set to star MADtv's Nicole Sullivan.

Before you panic, this person isn't replacing Nicole. For reasons unknown at this stage, Audra Blaser, who was intended to play the character "Emerson," has departed the show and will be replaced by none other than Christina Moore. This opportunity came at the exact right time for Christina, as her character Laurie on "That 70's Show" has not appeared since May 2004, and her show on the UPN, "The Bad Girl's Guide," recently ended.

You can check out the article for yourself here.

Old 07/05/2005, 10:44 AM
His senses were dimmed

Wow that is good news for Christina, to get a new show right after her other show ended. Now Hot Properties will be a MADTV spinoff :p

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 07/05/2005, 11:42 AM
JAVAN said so.

this is christina's year, huh? that's lucky!

Old 07/05/2005, 1:23 PM
Hardcore Fan

Entertainment Tonight did an articile on some of the sitcoms that are premiring this fall and Hot Properties is one of the shows they are talking about.
Old 07/05/2005, 2:21 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

That is cool Christina will be on! I am happy for both her and Nicole.

Old 07/05/2005, 3:30 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Eh...I don't really care for Christina Moore.

I'm excited to see Nicole Sullivan in Hot Properties, though.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 07/05/2005, 3:55 PM
Right-wing rocker

That's great for both of them! I really, REALLY hope HP stays on for a LONG time.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 07/05/2005, 7:37 PM
Be Kind to Your Nuggs

Crongrats to Christina! And another congrats to Nicole-cant wait for the premiere!

MySpace

<Badgina> No, many women have had their babies vacuumed out.
<Devin_> What if the bag is full?

There Trey, happy now?
Old 07/05/2005, 7:44 PM
Regular

thats pretty lucky for Christina, i cant wait until the premeire either

Dixie sometimes i feel like your my mom-Pool Boy

Thats understandable considering all the time youve spent inside me!-Dixie Wetsworth

It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning..-Nicole Sullivan
Old 07/05/2005, 8:44 PM
Hardcore Fan

Why didn't Mad TV ever have her as a regular?
Old 07/05/2005, 10:55 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Kurt, um, like, I just thought you'd, like, like to know that more is spelled with, like, one o, not two? Like, HELLO! Like, your clever pun is, like, totally lost on me, so could you, like, correct that and stuff so that, like, I don't feel so bad about my missing brain cells and superficiality? Like, thanks!

(O.K., folks, twenty bucks says he actually changes the thread's title. Who's in?)

Soooooooooo, Chrissy Moore is crashing Nicky-Poo's new sitcom, eh? Well, as if the hottie factor on "H.P." weren't already several billion Kelvin degrees too high...woo! Man, I'm almost afraid to watch the show now...woo! I'm not sure my T.V. could take all that heat...woo! Things gon' be burnin' up on Friday nights this fall, y'all...woo! Oh, and did I mention...WOO?!?

Wow, only eighty-something more days until the season premiere! It's O.K.; I can wait. I'm just gonna sit here and...ahem, you know, daydream until then...just...daydream...a lot....

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/05/2005, 11:00 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Debrafan
Why didn't Mad TV ever have her as a regular?
I'd say they didnt keep her because while she was strikingly beautiful, she wasn't a particularly strong or memorable sketch actor. And if they didn't ditch Christina, they would never have hired Nicole Parker. So thank Jesus H. Esposito for that.

PS: Mizzimad, you know you could never think of anything as "smrat" and punny as the title of this thread, you wannabe pimp.

Old 07/05/2005, 11:01 PM
Staff Alumnus

Oh, yess, I kould, you pretenshus jurk!

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/05/2005, 11:42 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian
I'd say they didnt keep her because while she was strikingly beautiful, she wasn't a particularly strong or memorable sketch actor. And if they didn't ditch Christina, they would never have hired Nicole Parker. So thank Jesus H. Esposito for that.
Yeah, Nicole is definetly a better choice.
Old 07/14/2005, 10:15 AM
what do you want!!!

sounds good, i guess.
Old 07/15/2005, 2:59 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by whoopiedoo2
sounds good, i guess.
Yes it does.
Old 08/23/2005, 2:37 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Christina Moore, whom you kinda remember as a That '70s Show recast and maybe recall from her MADtv spoofs of Christina Aguilera, hopes to become a hot property in prime time. Her latest bid is via the new ABC sitcom Hot Properties (premiering Oct 7. at 9:30 pm/ET), about four women in a New York City real-estate office. (Think Designing Women meets $3000 studio apartments.) Is this the gig that will finally make people remember her name? TVGuide.com tackled that topic with... Kristen? Tanya?... um, that actress.

TVGuide.com: When I saw your photo I was like, "Oh, wait, I know her... I think." Do you get that a lot?
Christina Moore: Yes, I do, because in the [roles] that I would be best known for, like That '70s Show or Without a Paddle, I don't look like myself. So it turns into that whole thing of, "Do I know you? Are you an actor?"
TVGuide.com: And they end up deciding you're Donna from The West Wing.
Moore: Exactly. [Laughs] I'm like, if I had feathered hair and had on my platform heels and bikini you'd totally know me. "Oh, ['70s Show's] Laurie Forman! I know who you are!"

TVGuide.com: Your résumé includes Friends, Suddenly Susan, Just Shoot Me, Fired Up, Wings.... How would you summarize your assorted guest-star roles?
Moore: I got to kiss all of the good boys on NBC, that's how I would categorize it. David Spade, Mark Feuerstein, Matthew Perry...
TVGuide.com: Who were you on Friends?
Moore: Joey was talking in his sleep, so Chandler took him to a sleep clinic. Chandler winds up picking me up there and when we go to bed... basically, I talk in my sleep, except I don't talk, I scream. So we wake up Joey and he comes running in with his mouth guard, mumbling, "Mude, I'm tryming to sleemp!" It was cute.

TVGuide.com: Why didn't Hyperion Bay succeed? It had it all: beautiful people, sex...
Moore: ... Zach from Saved by the Bell. We even had Carmen Electra. [Laughs]. Our original executive producer came from thirtysomething, and I think in his head he was creating "twentysomething," an intellectual drama that was heavy and smart and we'd all win Emmys. WB was like, "Um, I'm sorry? No." Our new boss came off of Melrose Place and all of the sudden it was like, "Oh, I'm getting a divorce because I cheated on my husband and I'm now going to sleep with his brother and don't ask questions, just make out!"

TVGuide.com: What's the secret to being Christina Aguilera?
Moore: Well, I can say it to you and you can find a way to print it: Her f---pants. Her red leather f---pants. [Laughs] My favorite spoof was the video for Beautiful, but it was, "Now I'm virginal/I've changed my slutty ways...." It was all soulful and thoughtful and then we just busted out into the outfit from Dirty with the f---pants.

TVGuide.com: What were the circumstances of the '70s Show recast?
Moore: I think there was some "trouble in the waters" [with the original actress, Lisa Robin Kelly]. The thing with Laurie is you've got all these cast members and she is the [lead male's] sister, so if you choose to use her everyone buys it and it's awesome and fabulous. And [now] if she just kinda disappears it's awesome and fabulous and nobody knows the difference. When she shows up again, it will be like, "Where have you been? In jail?" She's the slut, so there's always ways to explain where she is.

TVGuide.com: On Hot Properties, you're replacing someone again. [Audra Blaser played Moore's role in the pilot.]
Moore: That's the name of my game. [Laughs] I'm pinch-hitter girl.TVGuide.com: Your character's name is Emerson Ives. We've come a long way from "Sexy Anchor" on Beverly Hills, 90210 and "Gorgeous Woman" on Married... with Children.
Moore: Thank you.
TVGuide.com: What's Emerson's story?
Moore: She's from, like, crazy-rich parents, she's a decided virgin, she's never had a job and she's going to get married to her virginal fiancé and they're going to live happily ever after in their $3 million Manhattan townhouse. But when she goes to Hot Properties you find out that two out of the three women there have slept with her fiancé. So she is forced to make some changes.

TVGuide.com: Sounds like Rachel's backstory from Friends.
Moore: Yeah.... I hadn't thought about that. Emerson is forced to reinvent herself, and what's great is she makes the choice to grow up and become a fully actualized person, instead of, "That's okay, I'll just stay in my parents house and find another rich virginal fiancé to marry."

TVGuide.com: Would you call her naïve?
Moore: She's innocent as far as like boys and relationships and working, but ask her about the truffle season in the South of France and she can write a book. [Laughs] She possesses information that is maybe a little useless, maybe a little trivial, but she's smart — just not about people.

TVGuide.com: How do you size up the Friday-night competition?
Moore: CBS is going the sci-fi route with Jennifer Love Hewitt's "I see dead people" [aka Ghost Whisperer] thing and Numbers and all that, and I think NBC is Dateline and news shows. We're on after Supernanny and Hope & Faith, so in terms of light and happy and funny baby-sitter-friendly programming, ABC's got it goin' on.

TVGuide.com: Just think, by November sweeps, no more people not able to place your face.
Moore: "You're Emerson Ives! Are you really a virgin?"

TVGuide.com: That's your cue to give them a hearty laugh.
Moore: [Demonstrating] Ha-ha-HA! Yes.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/.../03insider.htm

Old 08/23/2005, 3:06 PM
Staff Alumnus

Interestingly enough, that article is entitled "You Will Learn This Hot Blonde's Name." Well, all I can say is that those same viewers had better learn another hot blonde's name as well...or temporarily (I hope) ex-blonde's name...or hot redhead's name.......Anyhoo, they'd better learn her name too, or I'm gonna be majorly p.o.'d. Heads will roll, I tell ya!

"We can dig it!"