Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/31/2007, 5:41 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Default Lisa Donovan joins the cast!

According to Zap2it, Lisa Donovan will be joining the cast of MADtv, during this mid-season 12. Her biography is available at that above link, where you can learn of her audition history, and her YouTube fame.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.

Old 01/31/2007, 5:49 PM
zlolz

I'm excited about the new girl. Is it me though or does she look totally different in that pic then in her YouTube videos? She kinda looks like Arden in that pic.

Old 01/31/2007, 6:15 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
She kinda looks like Arden in that pic.
I thought that too! I wonder what kind of roles she will get, seeing that Arden usually gets the dumb blonde roles.
Old 01/31/2007, 6:19 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Her look looks like a mix of Crista, Nicole Parker, and Arden to me. I'm pretty excited to see a new female face to be honest.

Bringing a new cast member in mid-season would lead me to believe that Season 13 is happening. Why else pay for someone if you know your show is ending?
Old 01/31/2007, 6:25 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Bringing a new cast member in mid-season would lead me to believe that Season 13 is happening. Why else pay for someone if you know your show is ending?
Maybe they wanna go out with a bang.
Old 01/31/2007, 6:44 PM
His senses were dimmed

I also think she kinda has facial features of the other female cast members. Like if Nicole, Arden and Crista had a child... Lisa!

I hope we see another featured cast member this season. At first I thought keeping the cast the same all season would be good but I always like new MadTV members.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 01/31/2007, 6:45 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrafan View Post
Maybe they wanna go out with a bang.
No...they wouldnt hire someone new to go out with a bang. If they wanted to go out with a bang, they'd do much more then hire one new cast member.

And I think we can guarentee that Season 13 is happening, and this might even be a sign that Season 14 is happening, because they seem to have a lot of faith in this girl, and I don't think they'd hire her if they were only going to put her on there for a season and a half if they think she's going to be so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrafan View Post
I thought that too! I wonder what kind of roles she will get, seeing that Arden usually gets the dumb blonde roles.
I hope they don't just stick her in dumb blonde roles like they did with Arden in Season 11. Arden has been getting different roles this year and it's showing she's not a horrible cast member after all. I don't think they will though. I think they're going to make her a character girl.

Old 01/31/2007, 7:32 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Okay, let's take a bet: who do you think's gonna get fired now?

Old 01/31/2007, 7:33 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Okay, let's take a bet: who do you think's gonna get fired now?
I don't think anyone is going to get fired, Frank said Lisa isn't replacing anyone...

Old 01/31/2007, 7:45 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

That still doesn't mean that she might replace someone next season.

And I'm still not too delighted about this. This cast is strong together, and I think a new person might change that. And despite being strong together, they're pretty weak individually, so I think they should strengthen individual cast members before bringing in new ones.

Old 01/31/2007, 7:53 PM
zlolz

I don't think the current cast is really weak when compared to some other casts...like, I thought the all of the casts from Season 7-10 were pretty weak.

I think they *need* to add a new cast member to keep things fresh, though. I'm excited to see what she could do. For some reason I see her mixing with the cast well anyway.

Old 01/31/2007, 7:57 PM
His senses were dimmed

Even if one person vanishes while another is hired I wouldn't call it getting fired. I hate when people say Ron and Paul were fired. Or that Lisa Arch got fired. Some just don't stick around. Fired is such a harsh word and I don't think that it is suitable to say everyone who leaves the show got fired.

I agree the cast is strong together but they don't need to strengthen anyone individually. This isn't a class, they are all professional actors already and are clearly good/funny already. What I would like to see strengthened is good duos like from when MadTV was in its prime. I don't think anything right now compares to Will and Alex and I wouldn't want something to emulate them exactly but two cast members who work together as good as they did would be awesome.

Old 01/31/2007, 8:08 PM
zlolz

Yeah, i'd like to see some good duos too. I don't think MAD has ever quite topped Will/Alex. Bobby/Ike is a poor excuse for a duo, and Arden/Crista aren't amazing either. I think Jordan/Nicole is the best the show has at the moment, but they still cant compare to Will/Alex of course.

And as for getting "fired" - Like I said, I dont think anyone is. And Nicole BETTER not. .

Old 01/31/2007, 8:09 PM
His senses were dimmed

I think if anything, Nicole would leave to pursue something else. Maybe something on stage because she kicks ass on stage

Old 01/31/2007, 8:14 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TJ~ View Post
I think if anything, Nicole would leave to pursue something else. Maybe something on stage because she kicks ass on stage
But then I wouldn't get to see her every week. (Although with all the repeats lately, it seems more like every 4 weeks. )

Old 01/31/2007, 8:17 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
And as for getting "fired" - Like I said, I dont think anyone is. And Nicole BETTER not. .
She's not--she still has one more year in the contract (no one in the history of MADtv has only been on the show for four seasons).

Old 01/31/2007, 8:20 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
She's not--she still has one more year in the contract (no one in the history of MADtv has only been on the show for four seasons).
Good. Cause 4 seasons would be unaccpetable, but at least 5 is in the normal range.

Old 01/31/2007, 8:28 PM
His senses were dimmed

Wow it is hard to believe that in a few seasons the "new" cast members Nicole, Jordan and Keegan will have their 5 years on the show and maybe leave. Jordan himself said he wanted to be on for about 5 seasons. I guess we will have to expect new cast members soon anyways. I like when we get a preview(in the form of a featured player) of who will be on the show next season.

Old 01/31/2007, 8:29 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TJ~ View Post
Wow it is hard to believe that in a few seasons the "new" cast members Nicole, Jordan and Keegan will have their 5 years on the show and maybe leave. Jordan himself said he wanted to be on for about 5 seasons. I guess we will have to expect new cast members soon anyways. I like when we get a preview(in the form of a featured player) of who will be on the show next season.
Yeah and next year will be Ike's 6th year. Assuming he stays. And Bobby's...7th.

I think next year is going to be Jordan's last. He's being underused this season and if his contract is up next year, I think he'll leave.

Old 01/31/2007, 8:48 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Yeah and next year will be Ike's 6th year. Assuming he stays. And Bobby's...7th.

I think next year is going to be Jordan's last. He's being underused this season and if his contract is up next year, I think he'll leave.
I do agree that next season may be his last, but he's gotten a lot of screen time this season. The only episodes he didn't were 1209 and 1211.