Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/31/2010, 7:47 PM
D2F

Guess I'll be watching when it shows up on a torrent tracker in the coming days.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 10/31/2010, 8:43 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

The first episode's already leaked, FWIW.

Old 10/31/2010, 11:29 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
So are we all cuddling up and watching The Walking Dead tonight?
Literally am. Right before bed. Hello nightmares.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 11/01/2010, 3:34 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

So after watching the premiere... it is FANTASTIC.

It basically does what the comics set out to do, which is go deep into the characters' minds in the midst of the zombie invasion, but they only covered the first issue (or two, I don't know--I only read this series in trades and they're not separated) in an hour and a half, so we got a MUCH more extensive view into the characters than we did in the comics, like Morgan looking out the window and shooting the zombies, but choking up when he sees his zombified wife, and it was beautiful. I had my doubts about this going into it, especially the cast since a lot them don't look anything like they do in the comics, but it was amazing. It's actually BETTER than the first trade, which I didn't think they'd be able to do.

Also, I've been watching Bored to Death all weekend, and it is another great show. The writing is very clever and very subtle at times, plus the cast is amazing. I really thought Zach Galifianakis would have stolen the show like he did in The Hangover, but that award really goes to Ted Danson, who is easily giving the best performance for the best character on the show.

Old 11/01/2010, 9:33 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Walking Dead looks and sounds good. I was working last night so I couldn't see it, but I'll have to torrent it.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 11/02/2010, 1:19 AM
D2F

First episode was pretty good. They're already building a pretty strong cast of characters. I thought the effects with the zombies, especially the wee, crawling one from the beginning were quite outstanding. The sheriff does seem like he might wear a little thin but I'll definitely keep watching.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 11/02/2010, 3:43 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I just watched it. Very good. I like how they are grabbing a few things from other zombie like genes but introducing some new ones like how the government tried to mass kill people early (I have a feeling that somewhere in the US department files there actually is a file regarding a plan on how to defend against a zombie apacolypse). I also really liked how they dressed up that midget to look like a half body kid crawling along the grass. Very creative.

I am a little worried though that if the show starts to slip in the ratings they might cancel it to to bugetary reasons. I mean it can't be cheap to close off entire streets and areas like that, and that makeup was pretty well done.

RIP Horsie. It was pretty sad to see them dig into that horse. I know it didn't happen for real but still.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/02/2010, 8:10 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Considering I was like "A miniseries about zombies? FU" I thought Walking Dead was really good. Although, I think there's only so far it's gonna go before people get tired of it. Zombies are only so marketable. They were really creepy though. The crawling one? OMG that was the best thing I have ever seen.

Poor horse though, he got a shit deal really.
I'll probably keep up with it, but not in an anal way like I am with MadMen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Also, I've been watching Bored to Death all weekend, and it is another great show. The writing is very clever and very subtle at times, plus the cast is amazing. I really thought Zach Galifianakis would have stolen the show like he did in The Hangover, but that award really goes to Ted Danson, who is easily giving the best performance for the best character on the show.
I agree Danson is the standout. This season is good, but if you haven't seen the first season, I recommend it. I thought it was much funnier. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I mean it can't be cheap to close off entire streets and areas like that.(.
Where is it shot? Cause it might not be really bad.
Boardwalk Empire is filmed in my neighborhood and i'm still trying to find out where it is. No one in Greenpoint has seen it, so it's apparently not a big hassle.

"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 11/08/2010, 10:13 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well I saw last nights Walking Dead and it was another good episodes. I like how he's just going around and meeting all these interesting people, and the idea of cutting up a zombie and covering themselves in there blood to cover the smell was a pretty genius idea. I also liked it when Rick said "I need more guts" before hacking more into the zombie. I do have a question though. That girl at the beginning, is that his wife, because if it is, she is a mega bitch! I mean cheating on your husband while he was in the hospital. I mean she definately knew he wasn't dead so she's just a bitch, and a whore frankly because who has sex in a forest like that?

In other Recommendations, I'm finding myself liking a lot of new shows this season, which is great because I was beginning to lose hope that I would find any more good shows.

Despite what people are saying, I actually really like both Outsourced and Shit My Dad Says. Outsourced is much better than what most people are saying and as for Shit, I don't care what people say I will love this show because Nicole and Will are in it. So what if they don't really go with the show and it feels like an entirely different show, they are still great.

I will end this by saying that people should watch the Apprentice over Survivor. Survivor this year may be the worst season ever. It's not fun or engaging. While on the Apprentice you have idiots, people who think they are know-it-alls, and next week even a cheater. So much better.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/12/2010, 2:46 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i might wait till all 5 parts of the walking dead are aired so i can watch it in one hit...it looks good though.And bored to death has just started on cable here so i'm gonna watch a few eps and see how i like it
Old 11/12/2010, 7:42 PM
D2F

Bored to Death is fairly funny but it comes off a little bit hipster/haughty. I get some decent laughs out of it but I can't say I'm a fan yet. I have not seen any episodes from season 2 yet.

Old 12/01/2010, 10:29 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

With some new updates on shows I really am growing to like this season (which is good because I was getting really worried), I am really getting into Raising Hope, thed show from former My Name is Earl creator Greg Garcia. The show is funny, and they've gotten a lot of good actors for it, like Cloris Leachman as the crazy grandmother, and the woman who played the Gouch on Scrubs playing the babysitter (I don't know her real name and I'm too lazy to look it up so shut up).

I'm also really liking How I Met Your Mother. I've wanted to watch it for a while, but I just found myself having trouble getting into it because I would always forget to watch it when it was on, but now that there are 3 episodes a day 5 days a week I am getting into it and liking it. The cast is very good together, and it has that great sitcom cast that you don't really see much these days. I also can kind of admire the fact that they have been able to get a good long lasting plot off of such a one season at best plot.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 12/03/2010, 1:06 AM
26/07/16!!

Not sure if anyone here watches Fringe, but for me its definitely one of my favorite shows. Granted season 1 is a little slow, season 2 and 3 are good. Dont really know why there is talk of it being cancelled, oh wait it is on FOX so that sounds about right...

Old 12/03/2010, 7:36 PM
D2F

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Fringe lately. I'm surprised they're already on season 3 though.

Old 07/15/2011, 5:52 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

Childrens Hospital
Hilarious
Old 07/15/2011, 6:09 PM
D2F

Strongly agree.

Old 07/16/2011, 4:13 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

thank god someone else watches this.i've been trying to get all my friends to watch it but its just me and the sole friend that first introduced me to it.
i want him to dress as dr blake downs and me as the chief for a fancy dress party..but no one is having fancy dress parties anymore.boo
Old 07/17/2011, 1:53 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I've wanted to get into Childrens Hospital. It really sounds like a show I could like. Plus they film it in the Scrubs hospital! I might have to search around the internet to find full seasons of the show.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/23/2011, 12:28 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

Should be easy.1st season is 10 x 5min eps,2nd season expands to 10min eps.won't zap much of ur time
Old 08/03/2011, 12:32 PM
Obsessed!

Any one watch Covert Affairs? Actually a really good show. I also watched a few episodes of Franklin & Bash and this other new show Necessary Roughness is good too.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart