Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/25/2010, 11:25 AM
D2F

Default 3D Movies

So is every movie going to wind up being 3D now? I swear pretty much any film with any sort of CGI in it now is advertised as being in 3D. What's everyone's take on it? I haven't seen a 3D... anything since I was probably a kid so I'm not sure what it's getting so popular all of the sudden. To anyone who has watched a recent movie in 3D, does it really add to the experience a lot?

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 02/26/2010, 3:40 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I find it adds to the experience too much. I mean, if a movies 2 hours long, and things are jumping out at you when you don't expect it, it gets a little annoying after a while. Also, if you decide like halfway through that you don't want to watch the movie in 3D, you can't just take the glasses off because then you're watching the movie with all these destorted problems.

I do like it though that they are making the whole movie 3D now. I got so pissed off when they would tell you that only part of the movie was in 3D, and that most of it was in 2D., so you had to put the glasses on and off over and over again. It was like a really crappy Simon Says.

Speaking of 3D, I saw a preview of the new 3D television at the Panasonic pavilion at the Olympics here, and all I can say is, save your money. You can bearly notice the 3D (at least I couldn't), and you still have to wear the glasses.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)