Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12/25/2003, 8:50 PM
Totally F****able

Default What Happened To Our Post Count Totals

Ok, so im mindin my own business postin an all when I see that the post count that is usually underneath my name and everyone elses.......

IS GONE! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THEM. I ACTUALLY QUITE ENJOYED KNOWING HOW MANY POSTS I HAD THANK YOU VERY MUCH........

I HOPE SOMEONE IS PLANNING ON FIXING THIS!

Old 12/25/2003, 8:51 PM
0ld sk00l

I know! I hope this is just temporary! I didn't only post because I wanted my post up, I posted because i like takling to you guys..

My Fanfics
Old 12/25/2003, 8:58 PM
Totally F****able

OK GUYS THIS REALLY ISNT FUNNY! WHERE'D YOU GUYS TAKE THE POSTER STATISTICS PAGE TOO, WE REALLY REALY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12/25/2003, 9:57 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Very Clever
well 2 can play that game

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 12/25/2003, 11:11 PM
0ld sk00l

Uh oh... Lol

Well eric doesnt this bother you at all?

My Fanfics
Old 12/26/2003, 1:26 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

See where all this post count talk got you? Now everyone is equal. Nobody is better than anyone else just because of a silly number of posts.

Old 12/26/2003, 2:19 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

LOL! Shame on you, all you "newbie haters". You know who you are!!

Old 12/26/2003, 7:27 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Maybe they took my word seriously?

Quote:
if you think about it, even just having post counts alone encourage it.. which is why some forums disable it. Clearly, SOME people are just trying to get to the top anyway, w/o my idea.
Old 12/26/2003, 7:31 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Haha, I'm sorry guys but I'm laughing really hard right now. I really think this is for the best.
Quote:
Very Clever
well 2 can play that game
Hmm...what plan are you devising, ef?

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 12/26/2003, 8:38 AM
0ld sk00l

OK first of all, when we talk about our post counts, we are just kidding most of the time, and we aren't that serious about it. its just for FUN. Its sort of a game. Do you see me at the same amount as efs now? I dont think so.. OOps actually you can't se anything at all because you took it away.. oops!

second of all, we aren't the only one who talk about it. You talk about your posts too Hivolt! And Ian always talked about how he posted mad, and how he needs to post. You all wanted to get to the top.. comon it wasnt just a couple people. I think HiVolt even created a thread when he got to a certain number but I dont remember.

Third of all, I thought you were cool with all of this anyway! You took it in fun (HiVolt) and you'd say "Oh dem crazy kids" and stuff so I didn't think I was doing anything wrong;and I wasnt.

Fourth of all, the main thing is that yous houldn't have taken it away because it was a FUN thing that YOU even enjoyed too. Don't deny it. So you know what thanks alot for taking some fun out of the forum.

Thats what I have to say. But I think what you did was really childish. I think you were just trying to show us who's boss, and we already know who is, so it was really childish.

My Fanfics

Last edited by Knickers; 12/26/2003 at 9:08 AM.
Old 12/26/2003, 9:01 AM
Totally F****able

man **** y'all. You guys took something that was fun for a few people who just happened to have been a helluva lot younger than you, especially since it was all playful and in fun, nohing else, and ruined it because you guys couldn't handle anyone thinking and behaving differently from you.

I Think Thats Really Sad.

Old 12/26/2003, 10:10 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

You can still just simply click the profile of a user, which is under each post, and see their post count.

Old 12/26/2003, 10:11 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
You can still just simply click the profile of a user, which is under each post, and see their post count.
But then theres no competition... wheres the fun in that??? LOL! Its just a pian in the ass to do that tho

Old 12/26/2003, 10:15 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by DaNiKsTa48
Third of all, I thought you were cool with all of this anyway! You took it in fun (HiVolt) and you'd say "Oh dem crazy kids" and stuff so I didn't think I was doing anything wrong;and I wasnt.
If you must know, I didn't do it, so dont jump to conclusions if you dont know the facts.

This kind of "point the finger" attitude on the forum over the past little while has been rather pathetic.

Old 12/26/2003, 10:17 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

But then theres no competition... wheres the fun in that??? LOL! Its just a pian in the ass to do that tho
So I guess it means all of you will stop posting, since there is no reward, no sense in posting anything if a little number doesnt increase under your avatar, right?

Old 12/26/2003, 10:18 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
So I guess it means all of you will stop posting
Maybe we will

Old 12/26/2003, 10:32 AM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
This kind of "point the finger" attitude on the forum over the past little while has been rather pathetic.
Well I just wanted to point out that it wasn't just us who were talking about the posting. You talk about "Hey now we are equal" and "Look where all yoru post takl got you", when you talked about your post count too. So i just want to point out the fact that me, ef, and scorpio weren't the only ones talking about it. So were some of the "first generation" chatters.

Mad dog, Ian, YOU HIvolt, lots of people. But like I said, this whole thing was in good fun, so you shouldn't have taken it so seriously. It's not like we want to take over the forum or something.

My Fanfics
Old 12/26/2003, 10:58 AM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

Well, I guess I hafta agree with the moderators about this. Lately, everyone has been brawling against each other over something as silly as post counts! Now, we won't have as many fights and it will be a place where we can talk about the show and not the stupid post counts and who's on the top of the Post Count list and what not

This forum is made for people to get to know other MADtv fans and talk about the show and what they like about it and stuff. People take the post count thing seriously and they get into all these disagreeements about it. I guess it was just for the best.

Old 12/26/2003, 11:08 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMcDonaldGrl
Well, I guess I hafta agree with the moderators about this. Lately, everyone has been brawling against each other over something as silly as post counts! Now, we won't have as many fights and it will be a place where we can talk about the show and not the stupid post counts and who's on the top of the Post Count list and what not

This forum is made for people to get to know other MADtv fans and talk about the show and what they like about it and stuff. People take the post count thing seriously and they get into all these disagreeements about it. I guess it was just for the best.
Well said. There have been too many posts like "you just post nonsense to up your post count", and "I just passed you so haha", "my post average is better than yours so in your face", blah.

Old 12/26/2003, 11:50 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

Post counts shouldn't be a competition. You should just be posting to add to the conversation or whatever, not to compete for the highest poster because when you do that, thats where the nonsense posts come in. What's wrong, can't you post here w/o competing for top poster, it couldn't have been THAT much fun competing.

Competition is a good reason to disable the post counts.