Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/29/2006, 1:45 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

February 18th: Jeff Probst and Alyson Hannigan star in comedy sketches

Old 01/28/2006, 2:06 PM
Bender: still great

Hmmm, Tank, FOX NFL Sunday, and Cragg will probably suck, but the rest sounds pretty good (especially Jeanne Bice, the sketch written by one of the Nicoles and Crista, and Nicole RJ's Queen Latifah impression - it was only a matter of time before she impersonated her). And I also have a strange feeling that the Coach Hines sketch will rock.

Thanks Caitlinnn!

Old 01/28/2006, 12:40 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Looking forward to Jeanne Bice and the Queen Latifah sketches!!

Thanks Caitlinn!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 01/28/2006, 12:36 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Thanks Caitlinnn!

Old 01/28/2006, 4:45 AM

Went to another taping tonight! So here's a bit of info on the sketches to look forward to. I think I got all of them! I always amaze myself after typing these up because I'm so surprised I remembered all of them...

And my less-interesting personal experience is here, too.

So, the sketches are separated by the live ones and the playbacks. First listed are the characters (and I put a ? next to character names I wasn't completely sure of because I don't always pick them up) and then there's a short summary where I did my best not to give away any punch lines or jokes.

Edit: red = already aired

Live

Jordan Peele
Keegan-Michael Key
Daniele Gaither
Nicole Randall-Johnson

This is an opening to a show, I think. Jordan comes out and tells everyone that it's Black History Month and wants to talk a bit about it, but he tells all the non-black people to not listen. He then has Keegan, Daniele, and Nicole (who are all dressed in black and are wearing sunglasses and hats, trying to disguise themselves) take over the cameras and then Jordan's attitude completely changes and he tells everyone about how they're all uneducated about blacks and he gives everyone a little lesson about it.

Bobby Lee
Arden Myrin

Another opening. Bobby and Arden say come out in roller skates and say that they're on that show Skating with Celebrities and they try doing one of their routines but it doesn't work out and they keep messing up and falling down.

Jillian Barberie - Arden Myrin
James Brown - Jordan Peele
Terry Bradshaw - Frank Caliendo
Howie Long - Ike Barinholtz
Jimmy Johnson - Frank Caeti
Terrell - Keegan-Michael Key

It's the last Fox NFL Sunday show of the year, I believe, so the guys are basically telling Jillian how much they love her, and a guy named Terrell is into Jillian and tries to bring her off alone with him and ends up getting beaten up by the other guys.

Man on phone - Ike Barinholtz
Woman on other line - Nicole Randall-Johnson

Ike is caling this place to order a Valentine's day present for his girlfriend, but the woman he's talking to is really obnoxious and keeps making him buy more and more and puts him on hold everytime he says something she doesn't like.

Coach Hines - Keegan-Michael Key
"Oliver Twist" - Bobby Lee
"Artsy Badger" - Jordan Peele
"Nancy(?)" - Frank Caeti

Coach Hines is directing the play Oliver Twist and after a rehearsal (I think), he tells everyone how horrible they did and what they have to do to improve.

Jeanne Bice - Nicole Parker
Host - Michael McDonald
Crista Flanagan
Daniele Gaither
Ike Barinholtz

Jeanne is now advertising her crazy Valentine's Day outfits, so it's similar to the Christmas one, but with new jokes and hilarious costumes, of course.

Employee #1 - Crista Flanagan
Employee #2 - Arden Myrin
Employee #3 - Nicole Randall-Johnson
Customer #1 - Ike Barinholtz
Customer #2 - Daniele Gaither
Co-employee - Nicole Parker

There are 3 employees working in a shoe store who are very rude, gossipy, valley-girl types, and they keep saying they're going to do things (like say something "honest" to their customer or co-employee) but they chicken out before they do. But finally they gets the guts to and end up with different results. Crista and Nicole (not sure which Nicole) wrote this! (And the sketch is better than I made it sound - it was hard to explain)

Dr. Phil - Michael McDonald
Boring lady - Crista Flanagan

Dr. Phil is talking to a lady on his show, but she's so incredibly boring that he can't take it anymore, and goes up to the audience and interviews a few of them instead.

Tank - Bobby Lee
Girl - Arden Myrin

Tank is outside where a football game is going to be played, checking out the girls there of course. Tank tries to convince Arden's character to go to a game with her because he tells her he has two tickets to one, but he ends up getting beaten up by her two guy friends and then they steal the tickets.

Playbacks

Bobby Lee as himself
Jaime Pressly as herself

This is an opening. Bobby introduces the guest star Jaime Pressly and starts asking her these question that are totally untrue, just to make the little interview seem more interesting, which makes her mad.

Hilary Duff - Arden Myrin
This is the music video that's playing on Saturday, "Sake Of My Fame" (parody of "Beat Of My Heart") which I'm all sure you've seen clips of by now, with Hilary singing about how skinny she is.

George Dubya - Frank Caliendo
Hilary Clinton - Jaime Pressly

Most of you know of this one too, but yeah, so Dubya makes a list of all the wrong things he's done in his past (witth the list being like a mile long - no surprise hehe). He flashes back to this party he was at where he met this girl but basically lied to her about everything to make her like him better. So he wants to right that wrong.

Michael McDonald
Nicole Parker

This starts out with quotes and clips and suspenseful music showing what looks like a really serious, award-winning movie, but the punch line is at the end, where it shows the title, which totally changes everything.

Steven Cragg
Steven gets together with his friends who are all dads and they have a father-son football game. They start off going easy on the kids, but the kids are really kicking their butts and being obnoxious about it too, so the dads get pissed off and start playing really violently with the kids.

Ike Barinholtz as himself
Michael McDonald as himself
Jordan Peele
Director - Frank Caeti

Ike and Michael are doing a scene and after it, Jordan comes up and talks to them about the censorship on the show and what they can and can't say and do.

Queen Latifah - Nicole Randall-Johnson
Basically making fun of Last Holiday and other movies of Queen Latifah's.

Last edited by Caitlinnn; 02/21/2006 at 8:43 PM.

Old 01/26/2006, 3:01 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian
She is going to be in something else, something about Westerns. There's a screencap in those new photos Whiteoutx55 posted.
Yep, you can see them at the link below, they all start with Feb4.

http://katelyn-tarver.com/madtv/season11/stills/

Old 01/21/2006, 4:40 PM

Don't hate me for this, but I'm actually really looking forward to the "My Name is Earl" parody with Dubya. Maybe this will make up for all of the crappy Bush sketches we got this year...all 74 of them.

Old 01/21/2006, 2:06 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

She is going to be in something else, something about Westerns. There's a screencap in those new photos Whiteoutx55 posted.

Old 01/21/2006, 1:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Jaime Pressly is really funny, in my opinion. I hope they put her in something else too. Bush AGAIN =

Old 01/21/2006, 3:22 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

JAIME PRESSLY GUEST-STARS ON “MADtv”
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4, ON FOX

Jaime Pressly (“My Name is Earl”) appears in a sketch titled “My Name is Dubya,” a new show that follows “George W. Bush” (Frank Caliendo) as he sets out to right all the wrongs from his past and the love that he lost, “Hillary Clinton” (Jaime Pressly), on an all-new episode of MADtv airing Saturday, Feb. 4 (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT) on FOX. (MD-1113) (TV-14; D, L, S, V) CC

Cast: Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caeti, Frank Caliendo, Crista Flanagan, Daniele Gaither, Keegan-Michael Key, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Arden Myrin, Nicole Parker, Jordan Peele, Nicole Randall Johnson and Stephnie Weir.

Guest: Jaime Pressly as Hillary Clinton.

Old 01/17/2006, 10:37 AM

I really like Frank's Dubya, but I do have to agree they have used him way too much this season.

Old 01/16/2006, 3:33 PM
w00t!

Like another George Bush parody? Another George Bush parody?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

IF IT IS, IM ANGRY!!!

This is one of the major problems bringing down MADtv. They're overusing Bush, Madden, Neighborhood Watch, Arden Myrin, Bobby Lee, Ike Barinholtz...among other things.

Sorry about that. But please MAD, stop having Bush on almost every episode? Please?.....

For me?

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***

Old 01/16/2006, 11:29 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

2/4/06: A parody of the president with actress Jaime Pressly; a parody of westerns.

Old 01/12/2006, 9:14 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Caitlinnn
I went to a live taping on Friday, and straight after I got home, I typed this up so that I wouldn't forget anything, and I think I actually got down every sketch that night! I made two sections - first one is the live sketches I saw, and the second one is the playbacks, which will most likely be coming on sooner than the live ones since they're already mostly edited and everything. First I put the characters, and then a brief summary of the sketch. I didn't give away any jokes or lines though, so no worries. Just wrote down what they were about. Anyway, enjoy!
You can't ever leave us Caitlinnn, lol Thanks for all the information.

UPCOMING SKETCHES & GUEST STARS

Ludacris featuring Disturbing Tha Peace, Jason Mraz, Jaime Pressly (2/4/06)
  • My Name is Dubya (Frank Caliendo- George Bush, Jaime Pressly- Hillary Clinton) (2/4/06)
  • a parody of westerns (Jaime Pressly) (2/4/06)
  • The Montel Williams Show (Jordan- Montel Williams, Nicole P)
  • Luanne Lockheart sketch (Crista- Luanne Lockhart)
  • Kurt Jones Electronics (Frank Caeti- Kurt Jones)
  • Feng Shui Director (Bobby- Feng Shui Director) “Like if I move a lamp, people get pregnant”
  • Also... Booby as an Asian boy who’s been adopted by “country western people.”
  • Sherry the Stripper: ???
  • Music Video: Hilary Duff "Sake Of My Fame" (Arden- Hilary Duff)
  • A parody of the president with actress Jaime Pressly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Jenell the Hostess (Crista- Jenell)
  • Open: George Bush - Hispanic Outreach (Frank Caliendo- George W. Bush)
  • Open: Marvin Tikvah - Prisoners Letters? (Michael- Marvin Tikvah, Keegan, Ike, Jordan)
  • Unruly Kid at Park? (Bobby- unruly kid [voice only], Daniele, Nicole RJ, Nicole P, Crista, Arden)
  • Crazy as Hell 2005 (Keegan- Jovan Musketelle, Ike, Nicole P, Arden, Frank Caliendo)
  • Celebrity Obsessed (Michael- Larry, Jordan, Keegan, Daniele, Crista, Nicole P- Britney Spears, Ike- Kevin Federline)
  • Seducing Magic? (Ike, Arden, Jordan)
  • Hello, Hollywood, Hello (Nicole P, Bobby)
  • Strippers Husband (Keegan, Jordan, Ike, Bobby, Fran
  • Jordan's Driving Lessons (Bobby- himself, Ike- himself, Jordan- himself)
  • Steven Cragg: No Black Friends (Steven Cragg- himself, Jordan- himself)
  • Snow White Takes to the Streets (Nicole P- Snow White, Ike, Jordan)
  • Gangster Friends (Jordan, Keegan)
  • Reese Witherspoon's Movie "Walk the Line"??? (Arden- Reese Witherspoon/ June Carter; Michael McDonald- John R. Cash)
  • Yvoone Criddle (Daniele- Yvoone Criddle, Keegan, Michael)

Old 01/10/2006, 1:54 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Snow White - Nicole Parker
Homeless man - Ike Barinholtz
Gangster - Jordan Peele
Snow White sings a funny song and dances around the dirty streets filled with homeless guys, gangsters, etc. Really funny, and Nicole Parker has such a good voice!
Ahhhhh I loved the first sketch in season 9. I'm so glad they're bringing this character back.

Old 01/09/2006, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Yvoone Criddle - Daniele Gaither
Angry Man - Keegan-Michael Key
Policeman - Michael McDonald

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard, remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone! [/B]
Hahaha, me too, I'm REALLY glad they made her a recurring character. The other sketches sound pretty good, except for Cragg and Jovan Musketelle.

Old 01/09/2006, 4:31 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

WOAH! Hot damn. Caitlinnn's got the low-down and she's all UP in it.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 01/08/2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

Oh, and are you sure it wasn't Stephnie playing the Stripper? It was Crista? So then it wasn't a new Sherry the Stripper sketch or anything?
Yeah, it was Crista. Stephnie left already, though they may still be airing the last few sketches she's in.

Anyway, it wasn't a Sherry the Stripper either - it was just a new stripper sketch. She's wearing sort of a flashy erotic cowgirl outfit.

Old 01/08/2006, 9:52 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard., remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I burst out laughing just reading that! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for that Caitlin!!!

Oh, and are you sure it wasn't Stephnie playing the Stripper? It was Crista? So then it wasn't a new Sherry the Stripper sketch or anything?

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 01/08/2006, 9:30 PM

I went to a live taping on Friday, and straight after I got home, I typed this up so that I wouldn't forget anything, and I think I actually got down every sketch that night! I made two sections - first one is the live sketches I saw, and the second one is the playbacks, which will most likely be coming on sooner than the live ones since they're already mostly edited and everything. First I put the characters, and then a brief summary of the sketch. I didn't give away any jokes or lines though, so no worries. Just wrote down what they were about. Anyway, enjoy!

Oh, and I posted my personal experience here but I'm sure you're all more interested in the sketches.

Edit: red = already aired

Live

George W. Bush - Frank Caliendo
This is an opening, I think? It's in the place they always shoot at at the opening or closing of a show, anyway. Dubya comes out and announces he wants to connect with the Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. out there, and he answers questions from audience members [who are really actors]. Lots of improv.

Marvin Tikkvah - Michael McDonald
Prisoner #1 - Keegan-Michael Key
Prisoner #2 - Ike Barinholtz
Prisoner #3 - Jordan Peele

This is in the place where they shoot openings and closings too. Marvin brings in three jail prisoners so that they can read their letter that they each wrote to Marvin. After that, three people from the audience come down and talk to Marvin. (ARGH, I could have been on TV and talking to him! The person RIGHT next to me went down. You see, there were randomly-placed stars of David on just three of the seats in the audience. Since my sister and her friend and I were there early and didn't need tickets since my dad works there, we could sit anywhere we wanted. And I saw that star and was thinking of sitting in that seat because I thought something special might happen with that, but nooooo, I sit RIGHT next to it. Oh well. I'll be on TV when it shows the guy who was next to me walking past me and down to Marvin.) Edit: Looks like they cut out most of this sketch, like the stuff with Keegan, Ike, and Jordan, and the two other audience members

Nanny #1 - Daniele Gaither
Nanny #2 - Nicole randall johnson
Mom #1 - Nicole Parker
Mom #2 - Crista Flanagan
Mom #3 - Arden Myrin
Trouble-making little kid (only hear his voice) - Bobby Lee

So the nannies are at a park, and Nicole RJ has a kid there who's apparently causing a lot of trouble because three separate moms come up to her and tell her what her kid did to their kid. Every time, RJ yells at her kid, and he yells back some remark everytime and she just goes "Alright then" and doesn't do anything about it.

Montel - Jordan Peele
Abused wife - Nicole Parker

Montel is some talk-show host, and his guest is Nicole's character who is an abused wife. But Montel is too busy smoking pot and eating and doing other stuff to pay attention to what she's saying.

Jovan Musketelle - Keegan-Michael Key
Newscaster - Ike Barinholtz
Interviewees - Nicole Parker, Arden Myrin
Assistance - Frank Caliendo

Newscast about the biggest events of 2005. Jovan runs around yelling his opinions, adding in "Crazy as Hell!" anytime he can, of course, and annoys everyone. Topless and is wearing a showercap the whole time.

Larry - Michael McDonald
Co-workers - Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key, Daniele Gaither, Crista Flanagan
Britney Spears - Nicole Parker
Kevin Federline - Ike Barinholtz

Larry's obsessed, like, really, obsessed with celebrities and stars and has big problems with his co-workers talking and gossiping about them. I think this sketch is titled Nick, Jessica, and Larry (at least that's what Blas, the audience entertainer guy, said).

Comedian #1 - Nicole Parker
Comedian #2 - Bobby Lee

Basically Hello, Hollywood, Hello is some kind of restaurant/night club where Nicole and Bobby's characters are sort of comedians and put on wigs and things and do really bad, but funny, impersonations of Hollywood stars.

College kid - Ike Barinholtz
Kid's mother - Arden Myrin
Neighbor Mr. Anderson - Jordan Peele

So the college guy (whose father has been dead for only a month) comes home from college, probably on break or something, and finds out that his mom has become very close to their Mr. Anderson, their creepy neighbor. Arden says Jordan's been teaching her some magic tricks and so they perform for Ike, much to his displeasement, because it was a little bit more naughty than you probably want your mom to be acting with someone. Arden and Jordan wrote this themselves!

Bachelor #1 - Keegan-Michael Key
Bachelor #2 - Jordan Peele
Bachelor #3 - Ike Barinholtz
Bachelor #4 - Bobby Lee
Bachelor #5 - Frank Caliendo
Stipper - Crista Flanagan
Stripper's husband - Michael McDonald

The bachelors have a stripper arrive and are clearly having fun with her, until some funny-looking trashy random guy walks into their room and just sits down. They find out he's the sripper's husband, and eventually find out more uncomfortable info about the two of them. Later the stripper's husband scares off everyone.

Playbacks

Bobby Lee, Ike Barinholtz, and Jordan Peele as themselves
This was hilarious. I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a sketch. I mean, like it wasn't THE hands-down funniest sketch I'd ever seen, but it was the one I've laughed the hardest at. Ike and Bobby decide to give Jordan driving lessons because he can't drive, and there's just a lot of fooling around and Bobby keeps taking his clothes off and running around in his tightie-whities, and it's just hilarious. No script, just them messing around. Lots of jokes. It's reallllllly funny, or at least I thought so. Probably my favorite one of the night.

Steven Cragg as himself
Jordan Peele as himself
Keegan-Michael Key as himself

This one was really funny. I love the Steven Cragg sketches. But if you don't, well, this one is really good...or I think so, at least. So he suddenly wakes up one day and realizes that he has no black friends, so he wants to go hang out with some of the black cast and crew but it doesn't really work out... And he ends up singing this wacky song in this wacky funny outfit and wears an affro. At one point in the sketch, Jordan's butt is hanging out of a towel because he had just gotten out of the shower, and I have no idea if they're going to blur it or not, because they didn't on the playback, but it was pretty hilarious.

Snow White - Nicole Parker
Homeless man - Ike Barinholtz
Transvestite - Keegan-Michael Key
Gangster - Jordan Peele
Woman - Daniele Gaither

Snow White sings a funny song and dances around the dirty streets filled with homeless guys, gangsters, etc. Really funny, and Nicole Parker has such a good voice!

Gangster #1 - Jordan Peele
Gangster #2 - Keegan-Michael Key

So they're, well, gangsters, and they come across each other and must be enemies because they act like they want to kill each other and start to fight, but it turns a leeetle bit sexual. Haha, this one was funny.

Reese Witherspoon/June Carter - Arden Myrin
John R. Cash - Michael McDonald
Truman Capote - Frank Caliendo

Reese talks to the camera and then says she's going to show a clip of her recent movie Walk the Line. In that, June Carter and John R. Cash are singing to a bunch of jail prisoners.

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard, remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone!

Frank Caeti wasn't there that night, as you might have noticed...aw. Anyway, hope this was helpful! (:

Last edited by Caitlinnn; 02/21/2006 at 8:40 PM.