Notices

Old 01/04/2006, 6:33 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: from the informer...

Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho
Upcoming Guests: Jason Mraz, Jaime Pressly

Upcoming Sketch: Red Carpet: People's Choice Awards (doesn't say who's doing it...probably Ike and Bobby )
What informer? The email informer? The MADtv.com front page? They said nothing about that stuff.

Old 01/04/2006, 6:34 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Default Re: Re: from the informer...

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE

What informer? The email informer? The MADtv.com front page? They said nothing about that stuff.
It's the informer. I got the e-mail too. And I saw that, so yeah, it's true.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 01/04/2006, 6:37 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: from the informer...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pizzotty

It's the informer. I got the e-mail too. And I saw that, so yeah, it's true.
Here's the email I got. Can you post the email you guys got?

Date: 1/04/2006 16:37:51 -0800
To: mystere@planetmadtv.com
Subject: MADtv Informer January 4, 2006 All headers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS WEEK ON MADtv

Tune into MADtv this Saturday, January 7th for an all-new episode featuring
special guest, Michael Rapaport, star of FOX's family comedy, "The War at
Home."

This week's episode features a number of hilarious sketches including a
parody of MTV's hit show, "Laguna Beach." Returning characters include
Bobby Lee's bumbling and injury prone Blind Kung Fu Master, as well as
Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key's highly skilled hex breakers, Carl and
Ty. "Man-up" and enjoy the show!

MICHAEL RAPAPORT GUEST STARS

This Saturday's show features special guest, Michael Rapaport. Michael
currently stars in FOX's family comedy series "The War at Home," alongside
Anita Barone ("The Jeff Foxworthy Show"). Michael and Anita play parents
attempting to properly raise three volatile children.

Michael was born in New York. He moved to Los Angeles following high school
to try his hand at stand-up comedy. In the early 90's, Michael landed a
role on the television series, "China Beach." Soon after, he scored his
first lead role in the independent film, "Zebrahead." Since then Michael
has appeared in a number of feature films, including "True Romance,"
"Higher Learning" and "Mighty Aphrodite." Before starring in "The War at
Home," Michael played teacher Danny Hanson on the hit television drama,
"Boston Public."

BEHIND THE MADNESS: KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY

This Saturday's episode features Keegan-Michael Key in the enthusiastic
role of Carl. Carl and buddy Ty (Jordan Peele) are famous for their
energetic "Man-up" routines in which the two perform well-choreographed
hex-breaking dances. This week, Carl and Ty take their superstitious
performance to the roulette table in hopes of winning big.

A Detroit native, Keegan joined The Second City Detroit 's main stage in
1997, where his facile characters and theatricality earned critical praise
and award-winning recognition.

After joining The Second City in Chicago, Keegan went on to create and
perform in over ten original sketch comedy revues, most recently winning
his second Jefferson Theater Award as Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical
Revue. Keegan is also the author of the interactive play "Big Mama's
Wedding," and contributed additional comedy material to the play "Moms
Mabley: The Naked Truth." Keegan is also an instructor for the Second City
Training Center.

Keegan's television and film credits include: "ER," "Filmfest Seven" with
the Second City and various commercials. He can be heard as the voice of
color-commentator Gator Jones and play-by-play man Chris Morgan on the
football video game, "NFL Blitz 2004." Keegan is a graduate of the
University of Detroit, and holds a Master's degree in Fine Arts from Penn
State University.

MADtv ON MYSPACE UPDATE

MADtv's official MySpace group has exceeded a membership of 800! If you
haven't already joined visit:

http://groups.myspace.com/officialmadtvgroup

and join today. Current topics include: "What is your favorite episode or
skit," "200th Episode," and "MADtv DVD's." To join the group you must
create a MySpace account if you don't already have one. Join the MAD
discussion today!

Click here on http://server1.streamsend.com/newstr...9957c7f2cb032d <http://server1.streamsend.com/newstr...9957c7f2cb032d>; to update your profile or Unsubscribe

Old 01/04/2006, 6:52 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Upper corner. MADtv One Liners

Old 01/04/2006, 7:39 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

UPCOMING SKETCHES & GUEST STARS

Ludacris featuring Disturbing Tha Peace, Jason Mraz, Jaime Pressly
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm (Michael- Larry David, Frank Caliendo- Jeff Garlin: Jeff Greene) (1/14)
  • Red Carpet: People's Choice Awards
  • The Montel Williams Show (Jordan- Montel Williams)
  • Luanne Lockheart sketch (Crista- Luanne Lockhart)
  • Bae Sung: Super Bowl (Bobby- Bae Sung)
  • Clownin and Krumpin 2
  • Kurt Jones Electronics (Frank Caeti- Kurt Jones)
  • Feng Shui Director (Bobby- Feng Shui Director) “Like if I move a lamp, people get pregnant”
  • Also... Booby as an Asian boy who’s been adopted by “country western people.”
  • Jenell the Hostess (Crista- Jenell)

Old 01/04/2006, 9:02 PM
w00t!

I've NEVER liked Jason Mraz, and I not a fan of rap, and I'm not looking forward to Ludacris. I really wish MAD could get some better musical performances. Admittedly, these are pretty high-grade bands, but a lot of the times, MAD music is usually sort of "Eh they're okay" bands or the performances are just awful. Stupid SNL taking all the good high profile bands.

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***
Old 01/04/2006, 9:35 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
UPCOMING SKETCHES & GUEST STARS[*]Also... Booby as an Asian boy who’s been adopted by “country western people.”

Booby is my most favoritest cast member ever!

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/04/2006, 9:43 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by DCFCfan
I've NEVER liked Jason Mraz, and I not a fan of rap, and I'm not looking forward to Ludacris. I really wish MAD could get some better musical performances. Admittedly, these are pretty high-grade bands, but a lot of the times, MAD music is usually sort of "Eh they're okay" bands or the performances are just awful. Stupid SNL taking all the good high profile bands.

a lot of times, the people who come on MAD come on because they are actual fans of the show. Thusly they do it for little to no money whatsoever......

SNL on the other hand has the budget to pay the high profile bands what they want, plus they have the bigger exposure which any band really wants.

Old 01/04/2006, 10:14 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Frankly, I think that by and large, the musical performers on "MADtv" have traditionally been better than those on "SNL." With some notable exceptions, I've found that the less star-struck musicians are, the better they perform. Of course, this argument doesn't account for Vitamin C's appearance during Season 6, but I digress. (Frankly, I was getting a bit worried when Nicole S. was talking to that "Vitamin C doll." )

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/05/2006, 1:27 PM
w00t!

Yeah it's true that SNL has got the money, but I didn't know that the performers on MAD went on because they liked the show, that's pretty cool. A good thing about MAD performances is that they don't overdo it. SNL has about 3 performances, which is awful when it's a high profile act that you don't like. A lot of times on SNL I see an ad for someone that I think I'll like but then when I actually see it, it's just overload, or they aren't very good live performers. The only performance on MAD I remember liking is The Strokes. They didn't mess up the song, like how many bands add frills when they are live. They kept it simple, and I liked the music, so that was good. And Vitamin C played and I didn't see it?!?!?! She's awesome!

Old 01/08/2006, 9:30 PM

I went to a live taping on Friday, and straight after I got home, I typed this up so that I wouldn't forget anything, and I think I actually got down every sketch that night! I made two sections - first one is the live sketches I saw, and the second one is the playbacks, which will most likely be coming on sooner than the live ones since they're already mostly edited and everything. First I put the characters, and then a brief summary of the sketch. I didn't give away any jokes or lines though, so no worries. Just wrote down what they were about. Anyway, enjoy!

Oh, and I posted my personal experience here but I'm sure you're all more interested in the sketches.

Edit: red = already aired

Live

George W. Bush - Frank Caliendo
This is an opening, I think? It's in the place they always shoot at at the opening or closing of a show, anyway. Dubya comes out and announces he wants to connect with the Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. out there, and he answers questions from audience members [who are really actors]. Lots of improv.

Marvin Tikkvah - Michael McDonald
Prisoner #1 - Keegan-Michael Key
Prisoner #2 - Ike Barinholtz
Prisoner #3 - Jordan Peele

This is in the place where they shoot openings and closings too. Marvin brings in three jail prisoners so that they can read their letter that they each wrote to Marvin. After that, three people from the audience come down and talk to Marvin. (ARGH, I could have been on TV and talking to him! The person RIGHT next to me went down. You see, there were randomly-placed stars of David on just three of the seats in the audience. Since my sister and her friend and I were there early and didn't need tickets since my dad works there, we could sit anywhere we wanted. And I saw that star and was thinking of sitting in that seat because I thought something special might happen with that, but nooooo, I sit RIGHT next to it. Oh well. I'll be on TV when it shows the guy who was next to me walking past me and down to Marvin.) Edit: Looks like they cut out most of this sketch, like the stuff with Keegan, Ike, and Jordan, and the two other audience members

Nanny #1 - Daniele Gaither
Nanny #2 - Nicole randall johnson
Mom #1 - Nicole Parker
Mom #2 - Crista Flanagan
Mom #3 - Arden Myrin
Trouble-making little kid (only hear his voice) - Bobby Lee

So the nannies are at a park, and Nicole RJ has a kid there who's apparently causing a lot of trouble because three separate moms come up to her and tell her what her kid did to their kid. Every time, RJ yells at her kid, and he yells back some remark everytime and she just goes "Alright then" and doesn't do anything about it.

Montel - Jordan Peele
Abused wife - Nicole Parker

Montel is some talk-show host, and his guest is Nicole's character who is an abused wife. But Montel is too busy smoking pot and eating and doing other stuff to pay attention to what she's saying.

Jovan Musketelle - Keegan-Michael Key
Newscaster - Ike Barinholtz
Interviewees - Nicole Parker, Arden Myrin
Assistance - Frank Caliendo

Newscast about the biggest events of 2005. Jovan runs around yelling his opinions, adding in "Crazy as Hell!" anytime he can, of course, and annoys everyone. Topless and is wearing a showercap the whole time.

Larry - Michael McDonald
Co-workers - Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key, Daniele Gaither, Crista Flanagan
Britney Spears - Nicole Parker
Kevin Federline - Ike Barinholtz

Larry's obsessed, like, really, obsessed with celebrities and stars and has big problems with his co-workers talking and gossiping about them. I think this sketch is titled Nick, Jessica, and Larry (at least that's what Blas, the audience entertainer guy, said).

Comedian #1 - Nicole Parker
Comedian #2 - Bobby Lee

Basically Hello, Hollywood, Hello is some kind of restaurant/night club where Nicole and Bobby's characters are sort of comedians and put on wigs and things and do really bad, but funny, impersonations of Hollywood stars.

College kid - Ike Barinholtz
Kid's mother - Arden Myrin
Neighbor Mr. Anderson - Jordan Peele

So the college guy (whose father has been dead for only a month) comes home from college, probably on break or something, and finds out that his mom has become very close to their Mr. Anderson, their creepy neighbor. Arden says Jordan's been teaching her some magic tricks and so they perform for Ike, much to his displeasement, because it was a little bit more naughty than you probably want your mom to be acting with someone. Arden and Jordan wrote this themselves!

Bachelor #1 - Keegan-Michael Key
Bachelor #2 - Jordan Peele
Bachelor #3 - Ike Barinholtz
Bachelor #4 - Bobby Lee
Bachelor #5 - Frank Caliendo
Stipper - Crista Flanagan
Stripper's husband - Michael McDonald

The bachelors have a stripper arrive and are clearly having fun with her, until some funny-looking trashy random guy walks into their room and just sits down. They find out he's the sripper's husband, and eventually find out more uncomfortable info about the two of them. Later the stripper's husband scares off everyone.

Playbacks

Bobby Lee, Ike Barinholtz, and Jordan Peele as themselves
This was hilarious. I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a sketch. I mean, like it wasn't THE hands-down funniest sketch I'd ever seen, but it was the one I've laughed the hardest at. Ike and Bobby decide to give Jordan driving lessons because he can't drive, and there's just a lot of fooling around and Bobby keeps taking his clothes off and running around in his tightie-whities, and it's just hilarious. No script, just them messing around. Lots of jokes. It's reallllllly funny, or at least I thought so. Probably my favorite one of the night.

Steven Cragg as himself
Jordan Peele as himself
Keegan-Michael Key as himself

This one was really funny. I love the Steven Cragg sketches. But if you don't, well, this one is really good...or I think so, at least. So he suddenly wakes up one day and realizes that he has no black friends, so he wants to go hang out with some of the black cast and crew but it doesn't really work out... And he ends up singing this wacky song in this wacky funny outfit and wears an affro. At one point in the sketch, Jordan's butt is hanging out of a towel because he had just gotten out of the shower, and I have no idea if they're going to blur it or not, because they didn't on the playback, but it was pretty hilarious.

Snow White - Nicole Parker
Homeless man - Ike Barinholtz
Transvestite - Keegan-Michael Key
Gangster - Jordan Peele
Woman - Daniele Gaither

Snow White sings a funny song and dances around the dirty streets filled with homeless guys, gangsters, etc. Really funny, and Nicole Parker has such a good voice!

Gangster #1 - Jordan Peele
Gangster #2 - Keegan-Michael Key

So they're, well, gangsters, and they come across each other and must be enemies because they act like they want to kill each other and start to fight, but it turns a leeetle bit sexual. Haha, this one was funny.

Reese Witherspoon/June Carter - Arden Myrin
John R. Cash - Michael McDonald
Truman Capote - Frank Caliendo

Reese talks to the camera and then says she's going to show a clip of her recent movie Walk the Line. In that, June Carter and John R. Cash are singing to a bunch of jail prisoners.

Yvoone Criddle - Daniele Gaither
Angry Man - Keegan-Michael Key
Policeman - Michael McDonald

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard, remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone!

Frank Caeti wasn't there that night, as you might have noticed...aw. Anyway, hope this was helpful! (:

Last edited by Caitlinnn; 02/21/2006 at 8:40 PM.
Old 01/08/2006, 9:52 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Caitlinnn

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard., remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I burst out laughing just reading that! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for that Caitlin!!!

Oh, and are you sure it wasn't Stephnie playing the Stripper? It was Crista? So then it wasn't a new Sherry the Stripper sketch or anything?

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 01/08/2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

Oh, and are you sure it wasn't Stephnie playing the Stripper? It was Crista? So then it wasn't a new Sherry the Stripper sketch or anything?
Yeah, it was Crista. Stephnie left already, though they may still be airing the last few sketches she's in.

Anyway, it wasn't a Sherry the Stripper either - it was just a new stripper sketch. She's wearing sort of a flashy erotic cowgirl outfit.

Old 01/09/2006, 4:31 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

WOAH! Hot damn. Caitlinnn's got the low-down and she's all UP in it.

Old 01/09/2006, 8:50 AM
Bender: still great

Quote:

Hah, anyone remember Yvoone? Makes a big deal out of things that aren't really a big deal? Repeats herself a lot? She was in that court sketch, where she did something drastic just because some leaves from someone else's yard blew into her yard, remember? "Yeah, but them leaves...them leaves..." Yeah, so anyway, Keegan's character is angry and has a policeman there because Yvoone rammed into the back of his car trying to push them off the cliff because he took her parking spot which she claims she saw first. They have to explain to the policeman what happened. This one is reallllly funny - I love Yvoone! [/B]
Hahaha, me too, I'm REALLY glad they made her a recurring character. The other sketches sound pretty good, except for Cragg and Jovan Musketelle.

Old 01/10/2006, 1:54 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Snow White - Nicole Parker
Homeless man - Ike Barinholtz
Gangster - Jordan Peele
Snow White sings a funny song and dances around the dirty streets filled with homeless guys, gangsters, etc. Really funny, and Nicole Parker has such a good voice!
Ahhhhh I loved the first sketch in season 9. I'm so glad they're bringing this character back.

Old 01/12/2006, 9:14 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I went to a live taping on Friday, and straight after I got home, I typed this up so that I wouldn't forget anything, and I think I actually got down every sketch that night! I made two sections - first one is the live sketches I saw, and the second one is the playbacks, which will most likely be coming on sooner than the live ones since they're already mostly edited and everything. First I put the characters, and then a brief summary of the sketch. I didn't give away any jokes or lines though, so no worries. Just wrote down what they were about. Anyway, enjoy!
You can't ever leave us Caitlinnn, lol Thanks for all the information.

UPCOMING SKETCHES & GUEST STARS

Ludacris featuring Disturbing Tha Peace, Jason Mraz, Jaime Pressly (2/4/06)
  • My Name is Dubya (Frank Caliendo- George Bush, Jaime Pressly- Hillary Clinton) (2/4/06)
  • a parody of westerns (Jaime Pressly) (2/4/06)
  • The Montel Williams Show (Jordan- Montel Williams, Nicole P)
  • Luanne Lockheart sketch (Crista- Luanne Lockhart)
  • Kurt Jones Electronics (Frank Caeti- Kurt Jones)
  • Feng Shui Director (Bobby- Feng Shui Director) “Like if I move a lamp, people get pregnant”
  • Also... Booby as an Asian boy who’s been adopted by “country western people.”
  • Sherry the Stripper: ???
  • Music Video: Hilary Duff "Sake Of My Fame" (Arden- Hilary Duff)
  • A parody of the president with actress Jaime Pressly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Jenell the Hostess (Crista- Jenell)
  • Open: George Bush - Hispanic Outreach (Frank Caliendo- George W. Bush)
  • Open: Marvin Tikvah - Prisoners Letters? (Michael- Marvin Tikvah, Keegan, Ike, Jordan)
  • Unruly Kid at Park? (Bobby- unruly kid [voice only], Daniele, Nicole RJ, Nicole P, Crista, Arden)
  • Crazy as Hell 2005 (Keegan- Jovan Musketelle, Ike, Nicole P, Arden, Frank Caliendo)
  • Celebrity Obsessed (Michael- Larry, Jordan, Keegan, Daniele, Crista, Nicole P- Britney Spears, Ike- Kevin Federline)
  • Seducing Magic? (Ike, Arden, Jordan)
  • Hello, Hollywood, Hello (Nicole P, Bobby)
  • Strippers Husband (Keegan, Jordan, Ike, Bobby, Fran
  • Jordan's Driving Lessons (Bobby- himself, Ike- himself, Jordan- himself)
  • Steven Cragg: No Black Friends (Steven Cragg- himself, Jordan- himself)
  • Snow White Takes to the Streets (Nicole P- Snow White, Ike, Jordan)
  • Gangster Friends (Jordan, Keegan)
  • Reese Witherspoon's Movie "Walk the Line"??? (Arden- Reese Witherspoon/ June Carter; Michael McDonald- John R. Cash)
  • Yvoone Criddle (Daniele- Yvoone Criddle, Keegan, Michael)

Old 01/16/2006, 11:29 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

2/4/06: A parody of the president with actress Jaime Pressly; a parody of westerns.

Old 01/16/2006, 3:33 PM
w00t!

Like another George Bush parody? Another George Bush parody?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

IF IT IS, IM ANGRY!!!

This is one of the major problems bringing down MADtv. They're overusing Bush, Madden, Neighborhood Watch, Arden Myrin, Bobby Lee, Ike Barinholtz...among other things.

Sorry about that. But please MAD, stop having Bush on almost every episode? Please?.....

For me?

Old 01/17/2006, 10:37 AM
Bender: still great

I really like Frank's Dubya, but I do have to agree they have used him way too much this season.