Thread: [MADtv] Chris Hogan
View Single Post
Old 10/13/2006, 3:37 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
I do too but usually its more famous cast members
Cartman, you are equal to your namesake! And to quip back at you, how famous are ANY ex-Mad TV cast members?

I don't mean any disrespect because I am a huge fan of the show and all the casts (yes, I even like Chris Hogan and I thought he was pretty funny), but despite the fact that many of them certainly deserve more fame and recgnition then they get, the show still seems pretty much like a cult show compared to shows like SNL, even though SNL hasn't been able to hold a candle to MadTV for years.

Outside of Orlando Jones and maybe Artie Lange because of his Stern connection, I don't really think any ex-cast member has really even flirted with the the big time and true "fame." The show has certainly produced several talented comedians that have achieved a certain amount of celebrity and that have very loyal followings (including me), to be honest, no one from the cast has approached the kind of "fame" that the more popular SNL cast members have achieved. Even ex-SNL cast members like Tim Meadows, Cheri Oteri, and Chris Catan are household names despite the fact that there are numerous ex-Mad TV cast members that run rings around them comedically.

I know you didn't expect or want this tome, but sometimes I can't help myself. It's probably just better to let me pay homage to ex-Mad TV cast members, throw me a biscuit, and send me back to my Igloo