Thread: [MADtv] Nicole Fans
View Single Post
Old 02/09/2002, 8:19 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

LOL! We were one of the only ones watching it! I think many of us who did watch it loved the devil incarnate/fallen angel (Lucas) just a little too much for CBS's taste. Gary was just too good playing evil...he made you like him alot of the time. And it helped that the people he was dealing with weren't too innocent themselves. But CBS was the same network with the sugary-sweet boring Touched By An Angel.

The Mad TV sketch with the creepy Andy Griffith parody reminded me of AG! Lucas was sort of like that, only much more charming than Andy. He does a favor for you and you'd better do a favor for him when the right time comes. AG was always compared to the Andy Griffith Show actually, crossed with The Godfather. Small town, everyone knows everyone, and the sheriff (Lucas) was king.

And yeah, I remember those ads too, Tarzapam! Other cool quotes I remember from the show (actually Lucas) are "Conscience is just the fear of getting caught" and "The things that people fear most, they're usually the quickest to believe. That weakness is your strength." That show was so cool.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy