View Single Post
Old 06/01/2009, 11:29 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

Lowered Expectations-Dave: I did like the opening with the Lowered Expectations Host saying how pathetic your life must be if you are home on a Saturday night watching MADtv, but as for the sketch, this was one of the lower Lowered Expectations.

Ken Norton Jr. Opening: An odd choice of guest star, and not a very strong opening. The highlight was Debra in this one. She really brought the heat.

Organ Donors: No sketch with any cast members, shouldn't be here.

Disruptive Principal: This one was a really good sketch. The highlight for me was the spitball, and Bobby calling King a bitch before leaving.

Lowered Expectations-Phil: The first few Lowered Expectations were a little rough admittedly. These only really got better once an impression, or a character was developed with a cast member. The highlight was how Phil was able to up his voice. It was quite a good job.

Navajo Football League: For non sports fans, this probably wouldn't have made any sense, but for me, a sports fan, I found this funny. The highlight was all the crazy names he renamed the teams without the leagues permission.

Don Martin-Water-Skiing **Animation**: Read other reviews for pretty much my review on this one. I did like the creativity of the fact that he slams into the bridge and then slams into an armoured truck when the bridge is lifted. That was a highlight if one had to be chosen

Tyson vs. Barty: If you showed this to someone who has never seen it, they would most likely never guess that it was a MADtv sketch, and I wouldn't blame them. The highlight was the doctors unzipping the bag to find that Billy has been pulverized into meat.

Hard to Oppress: This was actually pretty funny. The highlight was Steven singing Mammy with George Wallace III laughing. Seeing as his grandfather was the man that really did it in real life. I also loved Phil saying as Sidney Poitier "they call me Mr. Tibbs".

Vud Light--Mob: I don't like these. They are just not that funny.

Spy Vs Spy-Funland **Animation**: This one was pretty good. It wasn't that creative of a double cross but it was still good.

Happy Happy Storytime Lady: This really should have been a character for Debra. It was not bad. The highlight was when she takes out the lamb from her bag and shows the kids that it's for $2.49 a pound.

Lowered Expectations-Orlando: This was too short, and wasn't really understandable.

Tapeworm Monologue: It was great to see a collaboration in writing, and though I appreciate the effort it wasn't that great. The blooper for this one however, was pretty good. The highlight was David voicing the tapeworm. Just the animated voice was great. I guess that's how he got into voice acting. He's really good at it.

Don Martin-Fat Freak **Animation**: This one was weird, but it actually wasn't too bad.

Math Made Easy: I didn't really get it, mostly because I don't know really who is Louis Farrakhan but it still was funny. The highlight was just how he was able to find a combination to a question by using historical black dates. I hope it was the answer, or else that would have been a real jib.

Monologue-Dave Foley: For Americans, I don't think this would have been that funny, but as a Canadian, I found this hilarious, and no I am not a hermaphrodite. The highlight was him mentioning the differences in football, because everybody (or at least anyone with a brain) knows that the Canadian Football League kills the National Football League every time!

Vud Light-Devil: I really liked the Devil in this. It was great makeup, and the voice was the perfect infliction.

Imaginary Friends: I don't really like Friends, so this didn't really relate with me. The highlight was Phil kissing the women of the show like they were going to have sex with him, just like that.

Spy Vs Spy-Torpedo **Animation**: Well that was good. Not a double cross, but really a triple cross. That's the kind of surprises I like. The highlight was the boat splitting, and then the missile splitting to compensate for that.

Duck, Duck, Goose: I don't like these no actors trailers.

Phil with his Real Friends: Not much to speak of here.

Out of 110 stars, this episode got 62 stars. This wasn't that great of an episode to be honest, and my score reflex's that. It just didn't do it for me.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)