View Single Post
Old 02/04/2007, 2:23 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Ike & Bobby: Football: Ike and Bobby go out and play football, but Bobby is upset because the only people on his team are Crista and two hobos while Ike's team has NFL star Shawne Merriman.
-I actually rather enjoyed this sketch. I loved Crista trying to act all tough and Bobby getting naked to get a touchdown. Pretty good.
Quotes:
Matt: Why are all your plays the titles of gay movies?
Rating: 4/5

Battle Speech #1: A Scottish warrior (Jordan) tries to tell his men (Frank, Ike) about how the British are always in their way. But when he tells then about how he was raped by them, the others can't really relate.
-At first this was, like, okay. Not really great, but really started to get better as the scene progressed. Really off-the-wall and out there, so I really enjoyed it. Part 2 was even better, but I'll get to that later.

Superstitious Knights: Regional Football Champs: Carl and Ty (Keegan and Jordan, respectively) tell their friend (Frank) about how they used their dancing to keep the Bears in the lead. Their friend doesn't believe them, though, so he starts to do all kinds of things that are bad luck, which, in turn, costs the Bears the game.
-These will never be as good as the first one. The first one was pretty funny and had amazing choreography. Now they're just pretty mediocre. But it was pretty funny at the end then the Bears lost.
Rating: 2.5/5

WQRW Channel 8 News #1-4 (Keegan- [voice only]): Little news commercials showing regular people doing regular things, but claiming they're all part of a conspiracy.
-These were okay, really short, but the last two were the best. "Do these birds have AIDS?" "Hate crimes, tonight at 11"
Rating: 3.5/5

Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: Condoleezza Rice: Mofaz (Micheal) picks up Condoleezza Rice (Nicole RJ) after her car breaks down, and they have an interesting conversation...
-This one was pretty good. Interesting dialogue, and pretty funny.
Quotes:
Mofaz: "The boys want original recipe; the girls want extra crispy..."
Condoleeza: "You know, KFC has a bucket with all the types you just described.
Mofaz: "How surprising that you know so much about fried chicken."
Condoleeza: "Well, it's my only vice."
Mofaz: "Gee, I though going into wars with no exit strategy was your only vice."
Condoleeza: "...Okay, two vices."

Sports Talk (Ike- Himself, Keegan- Himself, Michael- Himself): Keegan and Ike are sitting around talking about the Superbowl when Micheal shows up. They ask him a little about it and he, not knowing anything about football , pretends to know what he's talking about.
-This wasn't all that bad at all. It was funny to see Micheal's uneasiness and then Ike and Keegan actually thinking he knows what he's talking about.

Live Interview with Paula Abdul: Keegan conducts and interview via satellite with Paula Abdul (Nicole) about her recent troubles.
-Meh. The only thing really funny about it was how Paula kept calling Keegan the wrong names.
Rating: 3/5.

24 with Bobby Lee & Mary Lynn Rajskub: Mary Lynn Rajskub is shocked and appalled to wake up in Bobby's bed only to find out he's not the Asian character from Heroes. When Bobby denies ever telling her that, they go back to last night in the club, when he DOES tell her that and takes her home. Thinking she's crazy, Bobby decides to go back to last night (a la the Asian character from Heroes) in the club to avoid telling her that, but ends up doing it anyway.
-As usual 24 with Bobby Lee is hilarious. Easily one of the best sketches of the night, second only to "Battle Speech #2." The best part is when Bobby goes back to last night at the club and yells, "Yataa!" like Hiro from Heroes. And this is totally off-subject, but Mary Lynn Rajskub: HAWT!
Rating: 5/5

QVC Quacker Factory: Monday Night Quackball (Nicole P- Jeanne Bice, Nicole RJ- Carolyn Reuter, Crista- Christie, Arden- Sharon, Ike- Adam): Jeanne Bice (Nicole P) is back, and this time, she's here with brand new fashions for Superbowl Sunday.
-I REALLY don't see what is so great about these. This one was good, but not as great as everyone seems to be making it out to be. It was a pretty good sketch, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was even one of the better ones of the night.
Rating: 3.5/5

Battle Speech #2 (Jordan, Frank, Ike): The second warrior (Frank) now takes over in the first's (Jordan) absence, but he's upset that no one came to console him after being raped by the British.
-And this is definitely one of the best sketches all season, even better than the first. It was weird and random but still hilarious. Plus, Jordan wrote this himself, further proving why he is the strongest cast member on the show.
Rating: 5/5.

Commercial: 2007 Toyota Yaris: Arden and Frank play a couple about to have sex in a Toyota Yaris, all the while showing off its features.
-This was pretty cute. Don't really know what else to say besides that.
Rating: 4/5.

Close: Ike & Bobby play football: I'm not gonna rate this or anything; I just wanna say how much I REALLY wish they'd bring back cast closings now. These are starting to get old.

Final Thoughts: I'm actually surprised by how many people didn't really like this. I really enjoyed it. Most sketches varied from okay to great--there wasn't a really bad one (except Superstitious Knights). I was also really surprised at how many cast members wrote the sketches in this episode. I don't there's ever been a cast who's written so much in a season, let alone one episode. Of course, Jordan's (Battle Speech) was the best. Also, this is the first episode that hasn't had a fake musical guest or any kind of animation in it. I hope they didn't blow their whole animation budget already. ANYWAY, I really liked this, so I'll give it a...