View Single Post
Old 10/04/2008, 1:13 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Default Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Has anyone seen it yet/planning on going to see it? I saw it earlier today.

I was a little worried going into the theater because 1) I was by myself, 2) It looked really chick flick-y, and 3)I'm a guy. But it turned out to be okay because 1) Michael Cera was in it, and Michael Cera is awesome, 2) There was no one in the theater (it was a matinee and it was kind of a dive theater anyway), and 3) Kat Dennings has some tig ass bitties.

Anyway, it was... okay. Michael Cera was awesome as usual, and the rest of the cast was great too. It just that I expected this to be a comedy, and there weren't a lot of funny parts. And it's not even that they were TRYING to do funny parts and they just fell flat, either--there were very few actual comedy bits or jokes in it. Except for the gum bit, which was pretty foul. I guess the little love story of Nick and Norah was cool though. I didn't hate it, and I'm not mad I saw it, but I'm thinking I probably should've waited until it hit the Redbox. I think I would've enjoyed How to Lose Friends and Alienate People better, but it wasn't playing there.