View Single Post
Old 11/10/2004, 11:25 AM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

Default Breaking Benjamin

Give it up for Breaking Benjamin. Their sophomore cd "We Are Not Alone" was recently certified gold, selling over 500,000 copies.

I am so proud of my hometown boys. It's hard to believe I saw them form from scratch as a local band and grow into a successful nation band.

I remember in their early days when Breaking Ben were starting off they were a trio (Ben, Jeremy, and Jonathan "Bug" Price) and Jonathan left. Mark and Aaron (already part of Lifer) left Lifer, an already signed national act to join Breaking Ben, a local band. Most thought they were crazy for doing so. But look at them now. Selling a gold record.

I'VE GOT A LITTLE RED BOW / AND I BOUGHT IT FOR YOU / CUZ I KNOW YOU'RE NOT FAIR / I DON'T GET IT / OH WELL / AND YOU COLOR MY SKIN / AND THE COLORS DON'T BLEND / CUZ I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO / THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / CUZ I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / I'VE GOT A SOUTHERN BELLE, TOO / IN HER RUBY-RED SHOES / WITH A BODY OF STRAW / ARE YOU SICK OF IT ALL / THERE'S A MAN MADE OF TIN / WITH AN OIL-CAN GRIN / AND I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO /THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU / LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / CAN I STAND BY YOUR SIDE? / WE CAN MAKE IT ALRIGHT / CUZ I'M HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / THEN ANOTHER ARRIVED / IT'S A COWARDLY LION / WHAT I WANT FROM THIS WORLD / WHAT I WANT TO RESOLVE / WELL I WANT YOU TO STAY / SO I WASH YOU AWAY / I DON'T WANNA BE BOLD / I DON'T WANNA BE COLD / I DON'T WANNA GROW OLD / I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!

< Breaking Benjamin - "Home"