• Elizabeth Mary II
  • Frances Bavier
  • Jo Frost
  • Michael Kors
  • Mya Michaels
  • René Angélil
  • Robin Coleman
Biography:
Lauren started out as a ballet dancer and danced from age 2-20. She toured with the Nutcracker and auditioned for ABT and Miami ballet theater. All the while secretly wanting to be a comedian.

It all feel into place when she started improv classes in 1991 at age 14 in Orlando, FL at SAK theatre, with Wayne Brady as her first improv teacher. She became the youngest main stage paid SAK player. Disney’s Comedy Warehouse hired her 4 years later. When she was old enough to get onto Pleasure Island.

She also appeared in: Equity shows at EPCOT, MGM, and Universal Studios. She did theatre and musicals all around Orlando. Lauren has improvised with: Orlando, Seattle, Atlanta, and London TheatreSports. In 1999 she was in the improv show in the Barrel Of Laughs Comedy Club on the maiden voyage of the Disney Wonder ( Disney Cruise Line) that set sail from Italy. She loved hosting the national tour of Game Lab Live for Nickelodeon. It was a childhood dream come true to tape the Nickelodeon Double Dare 2K test pilot.

She began teaching improv in 1997 and lead the teen and kids education program at SAK. In LA she has improvised with: TheatreSports, ACME, IO (LA improv), Liquid radio Players, House full of Honkeys, and produced her own show 99 Blanks. Lauren and 99 Blanks did 2 shows at Edward’s Air force base after 9/11. One of the most loving audiences ever.

She joined her current home ComedySportz in 2002. Where she finally found an LA Family. At ComedySportz she has taught for the Highschool league, assembled and ran the ComedySportz University, directs the Sunday team, and helps teach the corporate improv workshops.

She has worked as an AGVA performer for Universal, and Disneyland. She Hosts the New Year’s Eve count down each year for Disneyland, and hosted the Disneyland Small World countdown on Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Eve in 2003. Lauren is an MC/ host for many corporate events and shows most recently: Disney, Vegas, Taco Bueno, and Old Navy. She also appeared in the long running Lord of the Rings musical parody : "Fellowship!" As "Pippin" alongside Mad TV writers and long time pals Ryan Smith and Brian Bradley. She writes and performers her own guitar songs for comedy shows. She has performed with Jen Kober, and played two weddings.

You may recognize her from TV appearances: Sarah Silverman Show, Bill Maher, Girlfriends, World Cup Comedy, Strong Medicine, Acceptable TV, Channel 101, or Commercials for: 3 spots for Bank One, 2 spots for Big Lots, Mini Cooper, Bahamas, 5 spots for Taco Bueno, Game show Network, and singing a Lauren original song for a Sheets campaign.

In July 2008, Lauren was given a position at another beloved institution of comedy, as she was given one of 4 spots on Fox's MADtv. With all the roles she has done in her travels, and her many television appearances, Lauren is hoping that MADtv can become a long lasting gig. Let's just hope that her work at Disney won't deter her from making fun of the Mickey Mouse Empire.

Where are they now?
As of May 2009, Lauren is a featured player in her first season on "MADtv."

Television - Starring Roles:Television - Guest Roles:Film - Starring Roles:
  • <none at this time>
Film - Supporting Roles:
  • <none at this time>
Other Credits:
  • Advertisments: Bank One, Big Lots, Mini Cooper, Bahamas, Taco Bueno, Game Show Network, and Sheets
  • Short Film: Taco! (2005) - Natalie
  • Theatre: SAK, Disney Comedy Warehouse, TheatreSports, Barrel Of Laughs Comedy Club, ACME, IO, Liquid Radio Players, House full of Honkeys, 99 Blanks, and ComedySportz
Fun Facts:
  • <none at this time>
Famous Catch-Phrases:
  • <none at this time>
Memorable Quotes:
  • <none at this time>
Pertinent Links:
  • <none at this time>
Special Thanks:Sources:__________________________________________________

[return to profile index] [return to forum index] [return to home page]

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 12/27/2009 at 05:40 AM.

Old 08/11/2008, 11:37 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

And here's a little bit about Lauren:

Lauren started out as a ballet dancer (of all things) and danced from age 2-20. She toured with the Nutcracker and auditioned for ABT and Miami ballet theater. All the while secretly wanting to be a comedian. ( And she always got in trouble for cracking jokes in ballet class) ---*--- It all feel into place when she started improv classes at age 14 in Orlando, FL (FEB 1991) at SAK theatre, with Wayne Brady as her first improv teacher. She became the youngest main stage paid SAK player. Disney’s Comedy Warehouse hired her 4 years later. When she was old enough to get onto Pleasure Island. ---*----- She also appeared in: Equity shows at EPCOT, MGM, and Universal Studios. She did theatre and musicals all around Orlando. Lauren has improvised with: Orlando, Seattle, Atlanta, and London TheatreSports. IN 1999 she was in the improv show in the Barrel Of Laughs Comedy Club on the maiden voyage of the Disney Wonder ( Disney Cruise Line) that set sail from Italy. ----*----- She LOVED hosting the national tour of Game Lab live for Nickelodeon. It was a childhood dream come true to tape the Nickelodeon Double Dare 2K test pilot! ----*----- She began teaching improv in 1997 and lead the teen and kids education program at SAK. -----*------ In LA she has improvised with: TheatreSports, ACME, IO (LA improv), Liquid radio Players, House full of Honkeys, and produced her own show 99 Blanks. Lauren and 99 Blanks did 2 shows at Edward’s Air force base after 9/11. One of the most loving audiences ever. She joined her current home ComedySportz in 2002. Where she finally found an LA FAMILY! -----*---- At ComedySportz she has taught for the Highschool league, assembled and ran the ComedySportz University,directs the Sunday team, and helps teach the corporate improv workshops. ----*---- She has worked as an AGVA performer for Universal, and Disneyland. She Hosts the New Year’s Eve count down each year for Disneyland. She hosted the Disneyland Small World countdown on Dick Clark’s Rockin’ eve in 2003. Lauren is an MC/ host for many corporate events and shows most recently: Disney, Vegas, Taco Bueno, and Old Navy. ---*---- She also appeared in the LONG running Lord of the Rings musical parody : "Fellowship!" As "Pippin" alongside Mad TV writers and long time pals Ryan Smith and Brian Bradley. ----*-- She writes and performers her own guitar songs for comedy shows. She has performed with Jen Kober, and (strangely enough) played two weddings. ---*----- You may recognize her from TV bits: Sarah Silverman show, Bill Maher, Girlfriends, World Cup Comedy, Strong medicine, Accepteble TV, Channel 101. --------*-------- Or Commercials for: 3 spots (and her mug was everywhere) for Bank One, 2 spots for Big Lots, Mini Cooper, Bahamas, 5 spots for Taco Bueno, Game show Network, and singing a Lauren original song for a Sheets campaign. ------*----- And yes she is a part of the "Orlando Mafia"

[ Lauren Pritchard Demo Reel 08 ]

[ Fire Guys Epiosde 2 ]

[ Superheroes - 48 Hour Film Project ]

Lauren's Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=391421151

Old 08/12/2008, 09:56 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Mmmmm good, I've been wondering why she has by far the least information on her of all the new cast members . Thanks!

Old 08/19/2008, 05:47 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Thanks, again, Dartanian! Actually, I was viewing a MADtv fanpage on MySpace, and the picture of "Lauren" that was posted was Spring Awakening's Lauren Pritchard! I just though that was funny because I love both SA and MAD!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!

Last edited by xo_stuartlarkin_; 08/26/2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08/29/2008, 07:07 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Found this on her myspace:

My new girl POV:

This cast has been so welcoming. It can be tough to join a family that works so well together.

Keegan is seriously the nicest guy in show biz. He hugs every time. Even the first time we meet as a cast. He warms up a room.

Bobby Lee has been SO helpful and sweet! He gave me a pep talk after a table read
and he has picked up the tab at a few outings. He is really honest and open. He also suggested we walk down the red carpet as a group to make the newbies feel like a part of the family.

Johnny was so sweet at the TCAs and made sure the new guys felt like a part of the gang. He kills me in table reads.

Nicole was really helpful during my second big taping day. I am slightly awe struck watching her work. She makes it look so easy through a really long hard day of shooting. I saw her do 2 impressions back to back that blew me away! She just has such a good ear for it.

Crista gave us new kids some pointers so we could do a sketch in one take on our first day of shooting. We did! She is sweet, funny, she smiles and gets the job done. And come on! MAD MEN!

Arden is just as sweet as she seems. She is also so funny just as a person. My favorite thing was my first time I met her we were talking about the earth quake she was so funny describing how she felt about it.

Erica is so open. She will tell it like it is! She is so pretty, she glows. We rode the roller coaster together at the TCA's. She draws you in!
Her singing voice? Just you wait!

Eric and I go way back to old ComedySportz days. He can do it all. I am so happy we can go through this together. He is a hard worker, and a good friend. The crowds will love him.

Matt is such a smart comedian. He is writing like crazy and can kill you as the straight man. He can make a simple line so funny. Its so hard to not laugh during a take.

The 3 gals all seem like they are sisters to each other.

The returning cast members have such a close bond. They really act like family.

I am excited to get to know everyone more.

--- also, she has some pretty cool behind the scenes pics in her photo section.

Old 08/29/2008, 07:47 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Awww, the way she describes everybody is so sweet.

Old 08/29/2008, 09:25 AM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Awww, the way she describes everybody is so sweet.
I know! I love how she just has thhe nicest things to say about everyone! They really are a family!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 09/12/2008, 04:04 PM
Fresh Meat

MADtv's Lauren Pritchard

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b2fb2364e7
Old 09/14/2008, 10:47 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

It might just be me, but Lauren really reminds me of Will Sasso, especially that Anitra character she did on this weeks show, it was very Sasso-esque in my opinion. She even kind of looks like a female version of him to me.

Old 09/15/2008, 06:45 AM
Hardcore Fan

She actually reminds me of Paul Vogt. Anitra looks a lot like Angela's Natalie.
Old 11/04/2008, 06:57 AM
Hardcore Fan

....if someone wants me to, I can write the bio for her. no one else seems to want to do it. :-(
Old 05/16/2009, 10:46 PM
Fresh Meat

Default My Favorite Castmember Lauren

I have been watching Mad TV ever since the very beggining and none of the castmember has never been more of my favorite than Lauren Pritchard. She is so freakin beautiful!! If Mad Tv does not come back on another network, what's next for her?
Old 05/16/2009, 11:32 PM
Obsessed!

I hope that if it goes on another network they take her along. She reminds me of the cast members from MAD TV's hay day. She is fricken hilarious, not my favorite over all lol but I think she had a lot of talent. And actually I hope that if MAD gets picked up they take all four feature players with them because all four had the MAD TV Hay Day in them, Lauren and Eric P had the most!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 05/17/2009, 02:43 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
....if someone wants me to, I can write the bio for her. no one else seems to want to do it. :-(
As fate would have it, we now have a Lauren bio. Thanks, though.

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/02/2009, 11:36 PM
Fresh Meat

Well, she's definately MY favorite. I think about this woman day and night. I have been taping every sketch that she is in. I hope they do take her along if Mad TV returns on another network. I don't think ever seen any of these regulars go from sketch comedy star to A list movie stars like Mike Myers or Jim Carrey. I just hope I see Lauren again...whatever she'll do.
Old 09/12/2009, 05:49 PM
It's gonna happen
Staff Alumnus

Here is a video interview with Lauren in it, where she talks about how she got on to MADtv, and her experience there! Bio writer, get ready for more work. Oh wait, that's me.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 09/12/2009, 08:40 PM
Obsessed!

Thanks for posting that! I love Lauren, I was sad to see MAD go, because I felt like her and Eric had that presence on the show that matched those from the past. Something about their characters they played reminded me of the old days with Alex, Nicole, Debra, Mary, Mo, Michael, etc. I felt like her and Eric would of went far. But I'm glad she's getting work still. She was awesome. Great interview!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/12/2009, 09:05 PM
It's gonna happen
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, that's something that she's on True Blood. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 01/29/2010, 02:31 PM
Fresh Meat

She appeared in two episodes of True Blood? I absolutely love her Supernanny impersonation. She would have played an awesome Carnie Wilson, Kirstie Alley, Lisa Lampanelli, Debby Rowe, or Alice from the Brady Bunch.