"He's no Frank Caliendo." -numerous MADtv fans

Old 05/30/2008, 7:56 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

There was no reason to can him.
Old 09/05/2008, 1:13 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

He also played Hackinjaws (I'm not exactly sure how to spell his name) in the Coach Hines sketches

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 09/05/2008, 11:57 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default A Quick Timeline: Frank Caeti

In 2005, MADtv lost a total of 4 cast members. Due to this the chance for new cast members to come into the fold and get past there first season was high. This was an opportunity for Frank Caeti. Who after years of sketch comedy work with numerous sketch comedy troups finally got his shot. This timeline will go through Frank's run on the show where his greatest work was done. Ladies and gentlemen the Frank Caeti timeline.

September 17, 2005: Frank appears in his first episode. His first sketch would be called Michael's Hatemail.

November 5, 2005: The first Baby Joey sketch is performed.

November 26: 2005: Frank Plays Dale in the Knobs sketches for the first time.

April 29: 2006: Frank plays Tommy Hackenjos in the Coach Hines for the first time, and Baby Joey, and Dale in the Knobs sketches for the last time. Watch the Coach Hines sketch

November 26, 2006: Frank plays Tommy Hackenjos in the Coach Hines sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 19, 2007: Frank appears in his last episode. His last sketch would be called Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership. Watch the sketch

2007: Frank is not brought back for MADtv season 13.

Life After MAD

Frank has not done much since leaving MADtv. He guested on Reno 911, and that's about it. Let's hope that Frank's MADtv experience is not the last time we see our little big boy on screen.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/06/2008, 6:37 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Frank Caeti was one castmember I enjoyed immensely. Sadly his time was too short... If only he had the go-ahead for more Kurt Jones skits. It was a potentially good character, yeah.

Old 09/06/2008, 6:40 PM
Casual Fan

Agreed. I also thought Frank was really great. Usually when the more short-lived cast members of the past who were really underused I can usually see why they weren't used as much as the more popular cast members(either they weren't that good or didn't really fit in with the show) but with Frank it made no sense why he was so underused. He was the perfect kind of cast member for an ensemble sketch show like MAD TV or SNL, he was exceptionally likeable and immensely talented, makes no sense. Him and NRJ were awesome and underrated and really deserved better.
Old 09/16/2008, 11:41 AM
Cast Member
Cast Member

Whoa, I know you said quick timeline, but those are the highlights of my career at MADtv?

No mention of Go America Go (Bad Iraqi Protesters), or what about Curt Jones? We shot a second one, but it never aired. Or Joey the stereotypical Italian? Or "The Concert" where I delivered Nicole Parker's baby onstage? What about Merlin Pebsworth and Who'd a thunk? We shot four of those, the best ones never aired, the producers dropped the ball on that one big time.
If anyone is interested you can find most of the sketches above at www.myspace.com/frankcaeti.

There's also mention of me not doing much since I left MADtv. I know the statement was not made with any malicious intent. Well I want to let you know this year has been pretty active, with lots of performing and many close calls to big gigs.

I think the public has no idea how the writer's strike and the current economy has effected TV/FILM. TV development has been cut way back, networks are making less pilots and developing less shows. There are four new comedies on this season between all the networks including CW and 14 new shows total. Of which 7 or half aren't original concepts. Those 7 are either imports (like Kath and Kim) or remakes of old series (Knight Rider).

Some personal highlights/ almosts of the last year:

I got married in October 2007.

I network tested in November for a primetime sketch show on NBC produced by Jamie Foxx. It went very well, but the strike killed the project. You will find that this is a running theme. I did get to meet Jamie Foxx, he's very cool and quite supportive.

I co-wrote a pilot that has been received very well, but the strike hurt it's momentum.

I went to producers and network for Kath and Kim to play the role of Selma Blair's husband Craig.

I pitched a show idea to CBS that they loved, strike killed the momentum.

I was very close to getting a great role in a film called "I love you man" with Jason Segal and Paul Rudd. It was a roller coaster ride that lasted a couple months and at the last second Jon Favreau was cast.

I have performed improvisation at several festivals around the country and continue to do so weekly in LA at The Second City and io west.

I have done sketch shows in Denver at the DNC, San Francisco, Dallas, Florida, Houston, Chicago...can't remember.

I am writing a two man sketch show right now that I believe is pretty great with my pal Matt Craig. It's called FrankenMatt and Opens Sept 27 if you're interested.

I did a commercial for Buffalo Wild Wings. I say "Send in Mahoney". No I am not Mahoney.

So I am trying. I really am. And to be honest tv isn't as fulfilling as live performance, but man it pays WAY better. Thanks for Planet MAd's love and support. I'll keep you in the loop for any upcoming events.
Frank

Old 09/16/2008, 2:07 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Wow, thanks for posting Frank. I wrote the timeline, so sorry your other roles weren't included. I only do recurring characters (a recurring character has to be a character that was at least used twice in 2 seperate sketches) in these things, and I go by the list on the first page and what I can remember you recurring in. Sorry I didn't remember those. Also, sorry about the Life After MAD section. I went on to the IMDb and looked at what roles you have done and all I could find was the Reno role.
Congrates on the marrage! She's a lucky gal.
Sorry to hear about your failed projects. The strike was horrible for everyone, and unlike a lot of the shows on tv, these actually sound better by how you have described them. I would love to see another network sketch show.
It's great to see that you are not just laying down and dying off like a lot of the tragically short lived MADtv stars. Your fighting for your roles and I am sure that one day it will pay off. BIG! Thanks for dropping us a line even after leaving the show over a year ago. We (well at least myself) love to hear from you, weather it be here or on the screen.

We love ya Tommy Hackenjos, I mean Frank, from a fan on Planet MADtv!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/16/2008, 3:09 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Caeti View Post
I got married in October 2007.
Are you serious? Well, congratulations! I'm a big fan! You definitely should have been given a fair chance. You were one of the best in seasons 11 + 12.

Old 09/16/2008, 10:44 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I loved Curt Jones! Why didn't the show bring him back ...

Wow, the strike certainly killed alot of your projects. But I'm really glad you're doing all those exciting things, I think you are really great, just underused.

And congrats on being married !

Old 09/17/2008, 4:00 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny_guy View Post
I found this quote on his site amusing.
"He's no Frank Caliendo" - numerous MADtv fans.
They are right. He was 100x better.

Old 09/17/2008, 6:43 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I find Frank Caeti having much more potential than Frank Caliendo. Sure, he got his own TV show, but nothing can change my stand.

Yes, I am sore that he got booted off.

Old 09/19/2008, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Caeti View Post
I did a commercial for Buffalo Wild Wings. I say "Send in Mahoney". No I am not Mahoney.
I saw that the other day, I thought that was you!

I loved the Kurt Jones sketch, I was glad to see it's on YouTube. I was disappointed when they never aired the 2nd Kurt Jones sketch. I doubt it, but you wouldn't happen to have it (or any of your other cut sketches) in your possession, right Frank? I was always hoping the unaired Kurt Jones would surface online one day. Sorry if that's a jerky thing to ask, heh.

Oh yeah, a few weeks ago I was listening to this recent podcast interview (http://media.libsyn.com/media/tsoya/...eno911cast.mp3) with the Reno 911 creators and when they were talking about the comedians that audition for guest spots on the show, they mentioned "the guy who came to the audition as a cat" (I think it was at around 41 minutes in) who they said "was fantastic", I'm assuming they were talking about Mr. Caeti, and I agree that was a hilarious appearance. Cat Man would've been a great character for Mad Tv!

Last edited by chopperQ; 09/19/2008 at 5:37 AM.
Old 09/19/2008, 6:40 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Congratulations and thanks so much for posting and udating us on your life, Frank! Us MAD fans truly appriciate it! By the way, I regularly repeat the stereotypical Itanian's "Forget about it!" It was hilarious! I loved the bit when you said that and Keegan (the therapist) says all serious-like "Forget about what, Joey? FORGET ABOUT WHAT?" LOL! Many congrats from me, Frank!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 09/24/2008, 12:27 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

You know, now that I think about it. I would have loved to see another Kurt Jones sketch! That first one was great!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/24/2008, 7:48 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Hell yeah. I would have liked to see more characters out of Frank. HackenJones was great!

Old 03/21/2009, 11:17 PM
Fresh Meat

I was surprised they let him go - I thought he was very funny and was a positive for the show...
Old 07/23/2009, 3:11 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Frank's in the new Jack in the Box commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyusO5s8YIA
Old 04/22/2013, 9:45 PM
Obsessed!

I think i just saw Frank in a Geico commercial...he was giving blood and a vampire was asking him questions lol.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart