Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/25/2004, 6:10 PM
Sing: "Fanta! Fanta!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Vogt_Luvah
Hey PAULFan, I sent Paul a letter using his agency's address. That's the only thing I could find. Try it if you'd like, it's on IMDB.com. If I get a response, I'll reply back here!
Good idea! I didn't know it was there! I want him to see that rateitall website. He's #2 in popularity there! I LOVE that!

WELCOME to the site, too! We need a few more PAUL fans around here!!

Old 03/25/2004, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003

he worked for a while at Disney Orlando.

So did Mo. I think I heard or read somewhere maybe it was from PaulFan, that they may have met there. I could be wrong though.
Here's what I posted way back when:

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULfan
I'll call my friends at Disney World and see if any of them have heard any other scoop. If so - I'll be back to share. Oh - here's interesting news from my Disney source: Did you know that Mo and Paul were like best friends at Disney World? They worked together there. I was shocked when I found out. (It's crazy how small the entertainment world is.) That's why they work so great together I guess (like on the Red Carpet). It would make me happy to see them do a sketch or something together like the HONEYMOONERS again - I LOVED that! Anyway, if I find anything out I'll post it.
It's TRUE. I got the scoop from a friend at WDW. Paul worked at the Disney/MGM Studios in a group called "Streetmosphere" (or something like that), he and MO where in a little group that did physical comedy stuff. Then they worked together at "The Comedy Warehouse" at Pleasure Island. Paul was there for a few years. It's a nightly IMPORV show that is a riot. I've been there. They do like 5 shows a night and they are always funny. Total improv. Smart. Quick and funny. Then I found out he was ALSO in a show called "Hoop Dee Doo" - it's like a song and dance dinner show at Disney World. (Boy, PAUL got around!)

I also found a few cool things on the web just now, too. He was part of the Orlando Shakespeare Company for a few years it seems - he was in like 6 shows or something. And a theatre group called Orlando Theatre Project. He did a couple of shows there to.

He also worked on some shows in LA. Something called "Ikarus and Aria" - there a picture of him and his brother. And I found a show that had the SET DESIGNED by Paul Vogt. I wonder if it's the same PAUL?

I LOVE the Internet! Information in one click! But now my fingers are tired. I need a rest.
My fingers are tired now. I need a rest.
Old 03/25/2004, 6:46 PM
Totally F****able

I knew it was something like that

Old 03/25/2004, 6:51 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Wow, impressive PAULfan! Are you writing his Biography?

Old 03/26/2004, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
Wow, impressive PAULfan! Are you writing his Biography?
Well, no - not really. I just was bored and went through a million Paul Vogt sites on Google on day. There is also a Paul Vogt that is a Robotics Engineer and University Professor... but I doubt that's OUR Paul Vogt. hee hee

Besides, doesn't a moderator have to do that - or someone important at the Forum?
Old 03/26/2004, 3:11 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Well, I'm writing Nicole Parker's Biography, and I'm not a moderator. I think all you need to do is go to the feedback/ comments section, and drop Cat_named_CeCe a line. Tell him that you are interested in writing Paul's Bio (If you are interested). I'm sure he will be pleased to hear that people are actually writing bios still! There is a format set out already, so it's not too difficult to write them, you just put everything into place.

Old 03/26/2004, 5:31 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:

Well, no - not really. I just was bored and went through a million Paul Vogt sites on Google on day. There is also a Paul Vogt that is a Robotics Engineer and University Professor... but I doubt that's OUR Paul Vogt. hee hee

Besides, doesn't a moderator have to do that - or someone important at the Forum?

A long time ago, when there was actually going to be a website with the forum, Cat asked for help writing Bio's on all the castmembers using a format he developed while writing Debra's Bio. I wrote Mo's bio and sent it to him, so it doesn't matter if you are a moderator or not, you can still write up a bio for a castmember and post it here.

Old 03/26/2004, 11:56 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:

A long time ago, when there was actually going to be a website with the forum, Cat asked for help writing Bio's on all the castmembers using a format he developed while writing Debra's Bio. I wrote Mo's bio and sent it to him, so it doesn't matter if you are a moderator or not, you can still write up a bio for a castmember and post it here.
Here's the quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe here.
Would anybody like to help me with those cast profiles? I've been working on them since December but I still only have a few done. Matt - do you still have any of them saved? I'd like to edit the ones that I already wrote and I don't have any of them on my computer anymore.

Or maybe we could make each week feature a new cast member in a "cast spotlight" section. I could definitely find the time to write at least one per week. Just an idea.
Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
I will edit anything that anybody writes. I'll make sure it looks nice, etc. Don't worry. I'll still write some myself, it'd just be cool to get some help. So anybody that wants to write and sumbit anything to be used on the website needs to send it to me at JustASoCalBand@aol.com and I will edit it and send it to Matt. If you want to sign up to write a profile for a specific cast member, do so in this thread. Your writing may be changed in the editing process to fit what we need for the website. It would be cool to have some help though. We're starting with the season 8 cast and working backwards. I have already written bios for Stephnie Weir, Debra Wilson, and Nicole Sullivan.

I'll use Debra's as an example:
Debra Wilson
Birthdate: April 26

Hometown: Queens, New York
Seasons on MADtv: 1 - (1995 - present)

Recurring Characters:
[Bunifa], [Melina], [Tovah McQueen], Autumn, Cloret, Lowered Expectations Host, Alexis (Glamazon Huntress), Rosa Marticorena, Ms. Sylvia, Catwoman, Beth, Kappa Girl

Celebrity Impressions:
[Oprah], [Whitney Houston], Miss Cleo, Lil' Kim, Brandy, Mariah Carey, Tina Turner, BeyoncÚ Knowles

Television Appearances:
[Clone High (Harriet Tubman, Skunky-poo)] [The Uptown Comedy Club (as herself)], [The Mr. Potato Head Show (Queenie)], Whose Line Is It Anyway, Family Guy, The Oblongs, The List, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, New York Undercover, WWE
Confidential, Opollo Comedy Hour, Can We Shop?

Biography:
Debra Wilson grew up in Queens, New York. Season 8 marks her 8th season on MADtv, making her the only original cast member left on the show. Before MADtv, she attended the High School of the Performing Arts in New York. Upon graduation, she studied at Syracuse University, working in television and radio broadcasting. Her professional acting debut was on the television pilot "The
Apollo Comedy Hour." She was so successful there that became a series regular on "The Uptown Comedy Club" and co-hosted "Can We Shop?" with Joan Rivers. Since her debut on MADtv she has guest starred on numerous shows, including landing some recurring roles on such shows as "Clone High" and "The Mr. Potato Head Show." She has made numerous independent films, including "Jane White Is Sick and Twisted," "Skin Deep," and "Soulmates".

Fun Facts:
Did you know that Debra has 2 boa constrictors, 2 cats, and an
Indonesian Emperor scorpion named King Solomon?

Where are they now?
Debra is currently busy with MADtv Season 8.

Famous Catch-phrases:
"Whattttddd I doooooo?" - Bunifa
"Is it cuz I'm black?" - Bunifa
"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" -
Tovah McQueen
Okay, so that's albout it. All major characters and roles should be placed in between brackets as seen above. That is the basic outline, though. So, once again, if there is a particular cast member that you would like to write a bio for, sign up here. All submissions will be edited. Send everything to JustASoCalBand@aol.com. That's about all. Thanks everyone!

Old 03/28/2004, 1:30 AM
Saul Rubinek Luvah

Quote:

Yeah, it irks me when I try to search for Paul and I find other Paul Vogts that I don't even care about, lol.

Old 04/03/2004, 1:48 AM

Heart PICS of PAUL from OTP

Hi everyone. What's new?
Here are those pictures I found of Paul at the ORLANDO THEATRE PROJECT website: http://www.otp.cc/otpphoto2.asp?GalleryID=12 .
I don't know how to copy pictures here so I'll leave the address. If anyone knows how to do it. Feel free!
Old 04/03/2004, 1:55 AM
Saul Rubinek Luvah

Madtvlover sent me the link to that site earlier. How cool. Those pictures are great!

Old 04/03/2004, 2:01 AM

I wish I knew how to copy them here so everyone could see them. Do you know?
Old 04/03/2004, 2:05 AM
Totally F****able

Right click "save target as" or "save image as" and save it to your hard drive and upload them here, I did that with the pics of Mo i'm curently using for my avatar

Old 04/03/2004, 2:19 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

LMAO! That first photo is hi-lar-ious!

Old 04/03/2004, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Right click "save target as" or "save image as" and save it to your hard drive and upload them here, I did that with the pics of Mo i'm curently using for my avatar
Okay - here goes. I'll give it a try.
Old 04/03/2004, 2:25 AM

Default Pics of Paul from OTP

These pictures of Paul are from that website and the play called "Below the Belt".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt1.jpg (13.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 04/03/2004, 2:27 AM

Here's the other one too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt2.jpg (8.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 04/03/2004, 2:27 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
What photo.

Old 04/03/2004, 2:29 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The first one, where he looks nonchalent. Photo/ Picture, same difference.

Old 04/03/2004, 2:37 AM

Quote:
He looks so great in that picture! It makes me laugh. He should play THAT guy next season. I chuckled when I just wrote that.