Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/08/2004, 6:34 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Default Re: Re: Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by ~StuartsCookie~

Aries Must Have REALLY pissed her off. I Wonder when this is comming on...
It'll probably be on within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure one of the mods will have more info on it.

Oh, and Aries' saying whatever he said doesn't make him a jerk. I'm not trying to defend him in any way, but he's just very outspoken. Perhaps a bit too much so, but it doesn't make him a jerk nevertheless.

Old 10/08/2004, 6:39 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Recurring Characters:
Dollar Bill Montgomery (Real M************ Talk), Belma Buttons (Reality Check), Walter C. Hemphill (Crackheads), Mr. Daichai (Talkin' American), Harvey Lachien, El Diablo Negro (Mexican Wrestlers Theater), Mother Love, Reggie (The Erascists), Jameel (Will's Little Sister), Dolemite Jr. (Son of Dolemite), Brightling Greetings Employee (The Brightlings), Mr. New Orleans Man (Loopgarue & Hulahoop),

Celebrity Impressions:
James Brown Jr., Eddie Murphy, Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, LL Cool J, Danny Glover, Jesse Jackson, Magic Johnson, Mase, Mike Tyson, Isabel Sanford, Al Roker, Missy Elliott, Martin Lawrence, O.J. Simpson, Malcolm X, Sisqo, MC Hammer, Bobby Brown, Bryant Gumbel, Denzel Washington, Kevin Eubanks, Queen Latifah, Steadman Graham, Coolio, Colin Powell, Wayne Brady, Samuel L. Jackson, Evander Holyfield, Jesus Christ, Shaquille O'Neal, Don King, Little Richard, P. Diddy, Oscar De La Hoya, 50 Cent, Kobe Bryant, Martin Luther King Jr., Jimmie Walker, Tito Jackson, Billy Dee Williams, Wesley Snipes, Dexter King, Ice Cube, Red Foxx, Billy Blanks, Arsenio Hall, Master P., Method Man, Sasha Baron Cohen, Tiger Woods, Bernard Shaw, Eriq La Selle, Louis Farrakhan, Maya Angelou, Chaz Lamar Shepherd, Chaka Khan, Michael Jordan, Cuba Gooding Jr., Will Smith, Mrs. Simmons, Ray Charles, R. Kelly, Allen Iverson, Clipse, Ted Lange, Gary Coleman, Vaughn Lowery, Marion "Suge" Knight, Ed "Too Tall" Jones

Last edited by Dartanian; 11/01/2004 at 1:50 AM.
Old 10/08/2004, 6:46 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004

It'll probably be on within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure one of the mods will have more info on it.
LOL, nice to know you have so much confidence, but does anyone know which online guide would have the guests listed?

All I know is that the season premiere was Oct 6th.

ē Coming to the Stage - Comics take their shot at stardom.
Black Entertainment Television (Pacific), Saturday, October 9 9:00 PM
Black Entertainment Television (Pacific), Wednesday, October 13 9:00 PM
Black Entertainment Television (Pacific), Saturday, October 16 9:00 PM
Black Entertainment Television (Pacific), Wednesday, October 20 9:00 PM

Old 10/08/2004, 7:26 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

I really like Kim Coles. (PS> Aries wasn't on the show when she guest starred potora) I have even less respect for Aries now, because of what Kim said. He needs to leave the show, hes giving it a bad name.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
View Post Old 10/08/2004, 7:36 PM
Andres
This message is hidden because Andres was banned from the site.
Old 10/09/2004, 9:59 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
I really like Kim Coles. (PS> Aries wasn't on the show when she guest starred potora) I have even less respect for Aries now, because of what Kim said. He needs to leave the show, hes giving it a bad name.
I know he wasn't on the show then but it seems like she was bashing the whole cast because she "I don't know what's on the water at Mad tv."

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 10/10/2004, 9:41 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

lol I've never seen that sketch even though I have the DVD. That's so sad but everytime I watch that episode I something always comes up before I can see tht sketch. First time I fell asleep because I was exhausted, second time I had to go on a trip to another state, and third time I had to go to school for a concert. Someone doesn't want me to watch that sketch.

Old 10/10/2004, 5:10 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

A bunch of pics of Frank Caliendo and Aries Spears at "The Doghouse Comedy Jam 2004" October 3rd.

(multiple pages)
http://www.wild949.com/cc-common/glo...=&pagecontent=

Old 10/24/2004, 5:54 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Did Aries episode of Coming to the Stage air yet? I missed the show for the past two weeks because I thought it came on Tuesdays.

Old 11/20/2004, 1:04 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

http://www.ariesspears.com/audio/cumdress_web.wav

http://www.ariesspears.com/audio/Penis%20Pool.wav

http://www.ariesspears.com/audio/LL%20visits%20WHO.wav

Old 12/15/2004, 11:53 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I saw Aries on Coming To The Stage. What a pompous, arrogent asshole. I'm sorry. From what I had heard, I thought that he just annoyed people a little. He was worse than Simon Cowell!

He pissed off contestants and made them cry as well as picking a huge fight with the other judges. This really makes me dislike him. He's not even funny on the show at this point and it has obviously all gone to his head. I don't respect him and I won't be watching any more appearances of his after he leaves MADtv. He was ok in his early seasons, but at this point I can't stand him.

Who does he think he is? One of the contestants who was pissed at him was like "I don't even know who the f*ck he is anyways!"

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 12/17/2004, 4:38 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe

He pissed off contestants and made them cry as well as picking a huge fight with the other judges. This really makes me dislike him. He's not even funny on the show at this point and it has obviously all gone to his head. I don't respect him and I won't be watching any more appearances of his after he leaves MADtv. He was ok in his early seasons, but at this point I can't stand him.

Who does he think he is? One of the contestants who was pissed at him was like "I don't even know who the f*ck he is anyways!"
Yeah i saw it too. He could've been a little easier on those comics. I do see why Kim Coles was pissed off now. He sounded so arragent and big headed and that guy is right "who the f*ck is Aries Spears anyway?"

Old 12/30/2004, 12:49 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
I saw Aries on Coming To The Stage. What a pompous, arrogent asshole. I'm sorry. From what I had heard, I thought that he just annoyed people a little. He was worse than Simon Cowell!

I watched this episode this morning and I have to disagree. I thought Aries was right about everything he was saying. Some of the comics were not funny and the girl he made cry I didn't think was funny at all. I was listening to all the stuff Aries was saying, taking notes, and everything he was saying was true if you pay attention to it. The comic business is filled with people who are only funny with their friends and not around other people. The only thing I disagree with Aries is that Joe Recca man (think that's his name) I thought Joe was funny and his material was original. That's just my opinion. (I think this is my longest post ever)

Last edited by Pizzotty; 01/02/2005 at 11:25 AM.
View Post Old 01/06/2005, 7:54 PM
Andres
This message is hidden because Andres was banned from the site.
Old 01/12/2005, 11:52 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Aries Spears On Club Comic View Tonight!

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King
Read the title...

Yep, he's going to be on Club Comic View tonight!

He's coming up in a few minutes...the preview before the commercials showed him doing his LL Cool J impression.

I'll reply when he's done to tell you's what I thought

btw, sorry if this was already posted...
Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King
It was funny!

He was only on there for about 5 minutes (the other comics had 7-10 minutes ) so his time was short...

He did a James Brown impression (has he ever done this on the show?) That was funny.

The audience was screaming out impression requests and he said "God damn! This isn't a wedding! Screaming out requests..." but he took the requests.

He also did his Shaq impression, that was funny....nothing different then what he does on MAD but it was still funny.

He did his DMX impression and saying that DMX and praying don't mix well that was good too.

He also did his LL Cool J impression, that was funny too...

He also did a Jay Z impression and that was funny....he was saying how did he get Beyonce and that he looks like he has two sausage links on the side of his face. Has he ever done a Jay Z impression on MAD TV?

His short performance was funny and good.

Oh, and he also did a short Denzel Washington impression but it was just a walk, saying to do the Denzel walk when your girl is about to walk out on you.

Did anyone else see this?
This is being reaired tonight at 10pm.

Old 01/12/2005, 1:19 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Although for the last several seasons I thought Aries was past his prime, Aries has really been impressing me this season.

Old 02/11/2005, 12:15 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Not really anything new...

'I Ain't Scared,' says 'MADtv' vet
Stand-up medium offers more control
February 11th, 2005

Most comics toil in obscurity, working out their act in comedy clubs for years, even decades, before making the transition to acting. That wasn't the case with Aries Spears, who is performing at Jokers Comedy Cafe through Sunday.

The comedian/actor has been working steadily since dropping out of high school in the early 1990s at age 17. He devoted himself to performing, and within a year he was featured on Def Comedy Jam and Showtime at the Apollo. Spears, who grew up outside New York City, relocated to Los Angeles in late 1992 and quickly segued into acting. He landed a recurring role on the sitcom A Different World and a starring role on South of Sunset, a short-lived series co-starring Glenn Frey of the Eagles.

Spears appeared in supporting roles on several other television programs and a few films, including Jerry Maguire and Out of Sync, before joining the cast of MADtv in 1997. Spears is a talented mimic and made a name for himself on the sketch-comedy program (which airs at 11 p.m. Saturdays on Fox), doing hilarious impressions of everyone from Bill Cosby and James Brown to LL Cool J and Jay-Z.

Spears enjoys the camaraderie of MADtv, but in the last few years he has intensified his stand-up work because he says it offers him something the ensemble program doesn't: freedom.

"I think it becomes more of a control issue," he said, speaking over the telephone from Los Angeles. "Obviously for actors and entertainers, we're all egomaniacs, and there is nothing that serves the ego better than being in control. With stand-up it's like you're the writer, the director, the producer and the star, whereas with camera work you're saying somebody else's words and acting out somebody else's vision to a degree. With stand-up you rise, you fall, it's all you.

"It sounds cliche or corny, but there really is no other feeling than 200, 300 people screaming at once and acknowledging you for your work," Spears continued. "It's really gratifying ? then tax time comes, and you go back down to Earth."

While the majority of his act is a mix of observational humor and social commentary, he does work some familiar characters into his sets.

"I try to incorporate some of what people have seen me do on the show, because that's part of what they're paying for," Spears said. "Of course, if I want to do some new material or try something that's strange or artsy or whatever, they usually appreciate it if it's good enough. I try to give them a little bit of everything, some of what they expect and some of what they don't."

Spears, 29, is hoping to get more heavily into acting, but for now he is devoted to MADtv and stand-up comedy.

"I'm trying to stay busy, man," Spears said. "I'm trying to promote this comedy CD (I Ain't Scared), and I can use the stage time, as well. The CD isn't even a year old, so for it to be as young as it is and get the response it's getting is great. I'm selling units every time I go out, so it's been pretty positive in that regard. I still have yet to try to get it in stores."

The CD is available at live shows and through his Web site (www.ariesspears.com) or via a toll-free hot line: (866) 528-3619.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/life/...1gocomedy.html

Old 02/12/2005, 11:11 PM
JAVAN said so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Potora
It comes on BET but I never watch it so I dont know what time.
LOL! i don't watch BET myself, and i'm black! (part of the ol' stereotype)

Old 02/17/2005, 12:20 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

A lot is the same as the article I posted above, but some differences, like a possible movie mentioned...

ĎMad TVí co-star makes his first impression at Penguins
By David Burke

Aries Spears will bring a cast of thousands with him when he stops at Penguins Comedy Club in Bettendorf this weekend.
The Chicago-based comedian is in his eighth season as a regular on "Mad TV," Foxís late Saturday comedy show.
On the show, he has an arsenal of impersonations, including James Brown, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Magic Johnson, Jesse Jackson, Mike Tyson, Denzel Washington, Shaquille OíNeal, Michael Jackson, Queen Latifah, Don King and Little Richard.

"Itís something Iíve been kind of born with and blessed with," Spears said of his talent for mimicry.

Spears said he studies videotapes while trying to learn his subjects.

He said he canít pick a favorite.

"As a general rule, if I canít do it the way it should be done, I wonít attempt it," he said. "Not to sound cocky or anything, I think the ones I do are the ones I do well. If I canít do it well, I wonít even do it."

Spears said coming up with a new impersonation is a collaboration between the performers and writers.

"The writers know what the actorsí strong points are, and the actors have a good idea of what they like to do," he said in a phone interview from Los Angeles. "Itís a combination of both that makes the best possible material."

Spears, who turns 30 in April, has been with "Mad TV" all but its first season.

"They kind of wanted me around for the first season, but I couldnít do it because at the time I was locked into a contract with Aaron Spelling to do a show on Fox," he said.

Even though "Mad TV" doesnít get the ratings or the press that its competition, "Saturday Night Live" does, Spears said "Mad TV" still has its loyal fans.

"We seem to be a crowd favorite, so ultimately as long as we can make people who watch the show happy, and if we can convert some ĎSNLí fans to ĎMad TVí fans, I guess weíve done our job," he said.

His standup act includes impressions and observational humor. Itís also evident on his new album, "I Ainít Scared," which has two CDs - one of standup, the other of prank phone calls.

A fan of acts such as the Jerky Boys, Spears said what sets his prank calls apart is that he does impersonations as part of the trick.

Heís working toward his goal of starring in his own movie.

"Everything is a stepping stone toward that direction," he said.

"Mad TV" is Spearsí first venture into sketch comedy, but he says standup is his first love.

"Theyíre both great, but one gives you more creative control than the other," he said. "In standup, I get complete control in everything I do, from the writing to the starring to the material. With acting, itís kind of going through somebody elseís words and vision."

Old 02/22/2005, 11:51 PM
Hardcore Fan

I watched a very odd special on VH1 about black culture on VH1 that features Aries as a commentator