Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/03/2004, 12:03 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

heh, VH1. Another american channel we don't get in Canada, unless you got illegal satellite. GRR.

Old 06/06/2004, 8:03 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default some michael luv?

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
heh, VH1. Another american channel we don't get in Canada, unless you got illegal satellite. GRR.
So my newly installed cable tv capture card might be put to a good use here?

Raph
Old 06/08/2004, 9:29 AM
Hardcore Fan

Default Anyone want a

MMcD fansite? Screen Caps, imdb.com resume?

Raphaela
Webmaster, MrJoaquin.com
Old 06/08/2004, 2:37 PM
okay :|

I just searched Mad Tv on the netscape website in the tv listings and one of the things that came up was that on June 15th Michael McDonald is supposed to be on Pyramid. It could be wrong though but im just putting what i read.

Old 06/08/2004, 2:51 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default concur

I have been able to find the same thing through local listings...

Michael on Pyramid, June 15.

Cheers,
Raphaela
Webmaster, MrJoaquin.com
Old 06/08/2004, 5:07 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default Re: Re: Michael on TV

VHI June 8 & 9 - Banned in America

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
I saw that a hella long time ago and was hella shocked to see Michael Hosting it.
Well turns out they've mad a liar outta me, even though tv.yahoo.com says that VH1 should have it on RIGHT now, we instead have the Top 10 Hardbodies

So you're luck you got to see it.
Old 06/08/2004, 5:39 PM
Totally F****able

Eh they did that too with "Booty Call" on VH1 where MO and Debra were commentators.....On the days they said it would be on it wasn't and then a few days ago I flip through my tv and IT'S ON!!!!!!!

Old 06/09/2004, 2:17 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by VancomeAlyssa
I just searched Mad Tv on the netscape website in the tv listings and one of the things that came up was that on June 15th Michael McDonald is supposed to be on Pyramid. It could be wrong though but im just putting what i read.
I see it in an East Coast market, but not in my West Coast market on that day. I do see it however on the 19th at 12:30 in my market, but it WILL be on the 19th in both markets at 12:00 pm, so I put it in the schedule like that. Thanks VancomeAlyssa.

Old 06/09/2004, 11:14 AM
okay :|

No problem.

Old 06/11/2004, 6:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default DVD alert...

Michael (and MO) did the first 2 episodes of INVADER ZIM which is now on DVD in the U.S. (turns out as of May 20, 2004).

I saw copies of it in HOT TOPIC of all places.

Raph

PS. So y'all can live without a Michael-site?
Old 06/11/2004, 7:33 PM
Totally F****able

Well, I'm sure there are a handful of people that would probably want a Michael site. You just have to find them.

The 2 of them also did a lot of Invader ZIM episodes.

Old 06/11/2004, 10:43 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Boy marries boy
Reality star to make N.Y. theater debut in ‘My Big Gay Italian Wedding’

By Cyd Zeigler, Jr.
Friday, June 11, 2004

I first met James Getzlaff over a game of cards (“Dalmuti” — the German version of “Asshole” — is James’ favorite) in Los Angeles. I found him friendly, nice and — very, very private. So it was a shock last summer when he became the star of Bravo’s gay answer to “The Bachelor,” “Boy Meets Boy.”

Since then, Getzlaff has been adjusting to a life of celebrity. New Yorkers can now ooh and ahh him for the next six weeks, as he gets his off-Broadway debut in “My Big Italian Gay Wedding.” While he had barely dabbled in acting before the show (though he claims “Boy” tested his acting skill at times), Getzlaff has embraced this new career track. He is also starring in a new national Orbitz commercial.

He hopes his stint in New York will lead to bigger things. Getzlaff says his dream acting gig is playing the babysitting adult-turned-adolescent Stuart on Comedy Central’s “MadTV.” Getzlaff even plays volleyball with “MadTV” star Mike McDonald, who plays Stuart, in L.A.

As “Boy” was running last summer, McDonald approached Getzlaff and asked him how he’d feel about a “MadTV” skit spoofing him and gal-pal Andra. His reaction: No! After several months of prodding from McDonald, however, Getzlaff wore down and finally consented.

As Getzlaff sat on his couch the Saturday night that “Boy Meets Goy” premiered on MadTV, he cringed that McDonald’s Andra couldn’t pick the Hasidic Jew out of a lineup of eligible bachelors.

Over the last year, he’s laughed at some of the rumors that have floated about him.

One of his favorites is that he had a boyfriend while shooting the show; also, that he has been dating Reichen Lehmkuhl from “The Amazing Race” or Fab Fivers Jai Rodriguez or Kayan Douglas. He’s been reported to have been seen coming out of the dressing room at Barney’s in Beverly Hills with Rodriguez.

“I’ve never even been in a dressing room at Barney’s,” Getzlaff said. He has, however, become friendly with Rodriguez.

THROUGH ALL OF THE PROMOTIONAL events for the show, Getzlaff continued to work his daily office job. The new attention he garnered, however, made his work situation problematic. Working in an office with middle-aged women in the San Fernando Valley, his new-found celebrity became a source of jealousy and spite, he says. He left the job in November and has no intention of going back to that life.

As for the show itself, Getzlaff insists he didn’t see the final twist — that some of the contestants for his love were, in fact, straight — coming until he was carted back to his on-air house in an “emergency.” There, he discovered the show’s producers, executives and crew piled into the house on top of more cameras than he had seen the entire week.

“I realized then that this is what the entire show was going to be about,” he said.

While he said he was “distraught,” Andra was (as we all know), furious. Don’t be fooled, though: When host Dani Behr grabbed his hand and told Getzlaff the twist, he dug his fingernails into her palm as deeply as he could. That wasn’t a grimace of sympathy on her face; it was pain.

According to Getzlaff, the reaction on TV that night was only a small sampling of the response of Getzlaff and Andra. There aren’t enough “bleeps” in all of Hollywood to have aired the whole segment.

Despite losing 12 pounds in the eight days of shooting the show (a diet of caramel nut Balance Bars and grapefruit Sobe) and the distress brought on by the twist, Getzlaff says he’s no worse for the wear.

His friendship with Andra is stronger; opportunities have opened for him; and he got to take his first trip to New York City.

The twists and turns of reality TV taught Getzlaff how to laugh at himself. Starting June 11, audiences at Theater Four can laugh along with him.

http://www.newyorkblade.com/2004/6-...ter/theater.cfm

Old 06/12/2004, 9:44 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Getzlaff even plays volleyball with “MadTV” star Mike McDonald, who plays Stuart, in L.A.
Okay then, just to make sure that I'm on the same page with everyone else:

He's gay. He's single. And soon, he'll be mine, right?

Right?
Old 06/12/2004, 12:24 PM
Totally F****able

Who James or Michael????

Old 06/12/2004, 2:14 PM
Hardcore Fan

http://www.newyorkblade.com/2004/6-1...er/theater.cfm

He hopes his stint in New York will lead to bigger things. Getzlaff says his dream acting gig is playing the babysitting adult-turned-adolescent Stuart on Comedy Central’s “MadTV.” Getzlaff even plays volleyball with “MadTV” star Mike McDonald, who plays Stuart, in L.A.

He wants to play Stuart? Or Stuart's babysitter? That sentence doesn't make any sense. And its not Comedy Central's MadTV it is technically Fox's MadTV. Right?

AND... with MY luck Michael IS gay and would continue my streak fawning over man who turn out to be gay... Rupret Everet, BD Wong.... typical.

Raph
Old 06/12/2004, 2:48 PM
Totally F****able

CC i believe has the rights to older episodes of Mad but it is still technically FOX's

Old 06/14/2004, 9:52 AM
Hardcore Fan

Well, I'm sure there are a handful of people that would probably want a Michael site. You just have to find them.

Oooh a whole handful, what a motivator

Getzlaff even plays volleyball with “MadTV” star Mike McDonald, who plays Stuart, in L.A.

So if there is any press coverage at Getzlaff's opening, we should be on the lookout for Michael photos.

Raph
Old 06/16/2004, 9:17 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default DOUBTING RILEY update

I dunno, just did a google search to see if I could find any DR info.

I found : The scene culminates in a passionate kiss between Bobby and his lover, Andy ("Mad TV"'s Michael McDonald).

-- http://www.newcitychicago.com/chicago/2880.html

Dammit, will the boy just appear in Advocate or OUT and put me out of my damn misery please!

I found Pete Jones' Film Diary from FilmThreat.com:
05/09/04 // Now it is time to sell it. How? Not exactly sure, but it looks like we’re going to invite a bunch of distributors to a screening and hope they show up. -- http://www.filmthreat.com/Features.asp?Id=1066
View Post Old 06/21/2004, 9:02 AM
MoForPresident
This message is hidden because MoForPresident was banned from the site.
Old 06/21/2004, 3:18 PM
Totally F****able

I wouldn't ask..............that's an awfully personal question.