Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/19/2006, 10:41 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
I though Pat was canned because he mentioned about the show's budget cuts.
rrrrriiiiiight.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 02/19/2006, 10:03 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

From what I've heard it was between Michael McDonald and Pat, and they chose Mike.
That doesn't sound right to me as they did hire Nelson and Christian the following season so why would they need to choose between those two?

Old 02/19/2006, 10:44 PM
His senses were dimmed

Well they knew that he and Phil would be gone before the last episode of season 5 aired. I dunno if that helps any but I'm not sure if they even knew about Nelson or Christain at that time.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 11/15/2006, 3:35 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Why don't we see more of Pat Kilbane

Can anyone fill me on on why Pat Kilbane doesn't show up in more movies and TV shows? I am late comer to Mad TV, but based on the Comdey Central re-runs, I thought he was one of the funniest cast members. Almost every sketch he was in was hilarious. Yet, when I look on IMDB, he hardly has any credits. Why is this? He seems like a tremendously funny and talented guy.
Old 11/15/2006, 4:40 PM
Totally F****able

Apparently no one else in Hollywood shares your view of his comedic talents.

Old 11/15/2006, 11:38 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
Apparently no one else in Hollywood shares your view of his comedic talents.
I imagine there can be many reasons for someone not getting cast like being hard to work with, not having decent representation, or having some kind of personal or health problem (e.g., Michael J Fox) that prevents them from working. I have a hard time believing Pat Kilbane doesn't work because NO ONE in Hollywood thinks he is funny, but is that what you are really saying? I'm just curious, but I was hoping for a little more insight than that. In looking at IMDB almost every cast member has more credits than Pat Kilbane. Are you saying he is one of the least funny cast members to ever be on Mad TV? I certainly don't agree with that, but maybe I am in a small minority.
Old 11/16/2006, 1:00 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Nobody knows why Pat hasn't done much with his career post-MAD, despite his great talent.

Old 11/16/2006, 10:47 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComedyFanatic View Post
I imagine there can be many reasons for someone not getting cast like being hard to work with, not having decent representation, or having some kind of personal or health problem (e.g., Michael J Fox) that prevents them from working. I have a hard time believing Pat Kilbane doesn't work because NO ONE in Hollywood thinks he is funny, but is that what you are really saying? I'm just curious, but I was hoping for a little more insight than that. In looking at IMDB almost every cast member has more credits than Pat Kilbane. Are you saying he is one of the least funny cast members to ever be on Mad TV? I certainly don't agree with that, but maybe I am in a small minority.

I never said I felt Pat wasn't funny, because I think he is funny.

What I meant by what I said, is that just because we think he is funny, doesn't necessarily mean that a small group of other people especially those in Hollywood think he has enough talent. But again it may not be that, it could also be a variety of things. The only person who can say for sure is Pat himself.

Old 11/17/2006, 3:28 AM

I've wondering that for years as well ComedyFanatic. I always thought it was a shame he didn't last longer on Mad Tv, and an even bigger shame he never did much after Mad Tv. I always thought he had a real comedy star potential, like someone wrote on his IMDb board, he seemed like he could've been a really funny Jim Carrey after "In Living Color" type breakout star. Here's some info I've gathered from IMDb and other places over time. One mention I remember mentioning that he doesn't act in tv or movies anymore because he left Hollywood/LA not too long after Mad Tv let him go and he moved backed to his birthstate Ohio and he's one of the owners of a popular Ohio gaming shop called Wexford Hill Hobbies that specalizes in stuff like D&D miniatures, card games, board games and so on. They mentioned he's sort of a local celebrity in the area and still does stand-up comedy around different Ohio areas and occasionally other states. Kinda a shame that he's not in any movies or anything anymore, he was a real talent.

Oh yeah, and I also remember that he was planning on doing a sketch show on Comedy Central called "The Pat Kilbane Show", he made a pilot for them in 2003, but it never ended up being made into a tv show. Between Mad Tv firing him and his show not getting picked up, maybe he just decided to leave showbiz for the most part. (doing the occasional independent film, he has a movie listed as coming out in 2006, never heard of it though) It's too bad his tv show didn't get picked up, it sounded really funny and it would've been awesome to see a whole tv show starring Pat.

There's other former Mad cast members with less credits though, last time I checked, Nelson Ascencio, Christian Duguay and Brooke Totman only had like 1 or 2 other credits besides Mad Tv. I always wondered what became of them as well.
Old 11/22/2006, 4:08 PM
Fresh Meat

Thanks for the really interesting post on Pat Kilbane, chopperQ. Based on the somewhat sarcastic nature of the first couple of replies I got when I asked my question, I thought maybe I had broken some sort of unspoken Planet Mad TV protocol by asking. You provided a lot of really good insight and information that I will follow up on because I would like to see more of him.

I would think his move back to Ohio probably provides at least one good reason for his shortened resume. Maybe he just didn't like LA and I imagine it is much more difficult to get work while living in Ohio. I just still have a hard time believing he doesn't work more because no one in the entire entertainment business felt that he had talent. I hope I am not so out of touch that I am the only one that enjoys his comedy. Well, at least there are two of us.

His style seems very unique to me and I really enjoy his physical comedy. He just has a way of carrying himself that really cracks me up. I love his Stan The Coffee Guy character. Personally, I'd rather watch Stan the Coffee Guy than a LOT of the characters I see in sitcoms and movies.

P.S. I know it's a long shot, but you wouldn't know where I might be able to see or get a copy of "The Pat Kilbane Show" pilot, would you? I'd love to see what it was all about.

P.S.S. I read a couple of posts that suggested he was let go from Mad TV as opposed to leaving by his own choice. I think one person even suggested that it was some kind of choice between him and Michael McDonald. I hate to bug, but since you seem wlling to actually talk about Pat, I was wondering if you had any insight into this. Was he really let go from the show?
Old 11/22/2006, 4:16 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Nice Pat Kilbane Write Up on Wikipedia

Hey, chopperQ, there is a really nice write up on Pat on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Kilbane

One little interesting note in the article is that The Pat Kilbane show was apparently up against Reno 911 for a slot on Comedy Central and, as we now know, Reno 911 got the nod. Maybe there's hope that they will resurrect The Pat Kilbane Show at some point, however, and make at least a few episodes. I know at least two people that would give it a watch
Old 11/22/2006, 4:37 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Sketch from Pat Kilbane Show

There was a link in an earlier post in this thread to a sketch from the Pat Kilbane Show, but it didn't seem to actually connect to the video (at least not for me). With a little searching, I was able to find a direct link to the Emile Castelle clip from the unaired pilot of thePat Kilbane show. I think it's pretty funny.

http://davidtarleton.com/movies/PatK...leCastelle.mov
Old 03/05/2008, 4:48 PM
Casual Fan

finally a recent picture of Pat Kilbane at the Semi-Pro premiere

NO!!!! HE LOST THE FLAT TOP!
Old 03/05/2008, 8:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

Wow, Pat looks Like a middle aged version of Asthon Kutcher. I hope that hairdo is for a movie role.
Old 04/09/2008, 2:13 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Pat is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbguy View Post
finally a recent picture of Pat Kilbane at the Semi-Pro premiere

NO!!!! HE LOST THE FLAT TOP!
Hey just wanted to let you all you Pat Kilbane fans know that you will be seeing a lot more of him.

Semi Pro
Starship Dave (Meet Dave)
Day of the Dead

And yes we are working on the Pat Kilbane show as well as other projects as we speak!

He is truly talented.
Old 06/16/2008, 5:25 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Pat Kilbane site

Pat is hilarious, i just recently started watching his clips from madTV on youtube and off his website http://www.patkilbane.com
I hear he might be trying his luck again with the Pat Kilbane Show.
Old 12/02/2008, 11:29 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

For those of you who have been interested in seeing Pat again your in luck. Pat will be on the new episode of Frank Caliendo's show FrankTV. Boy, that show is really becomming the place to go for former MADtv cast members considering that Pat and Frank never worked on MADtv together on the show.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)