Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/17/2004, 4:34 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Hollywood Touches Nintendo DS
Tinseltown's stars come out for a night of drinks, music, and hands-on time with Nintendo DS.
November 17, 2004 - Nintendo of America threw bang of a party at the exclusive club The Day After in Hollywood Tuesday night to celebrate the November 21 launch of its forthcoming handheld, Nintendo DS. The event, packed full of DS kiosks, food, drinks, and music, and gorgeous women in very little clothing, drew some of Tinseltown's brightest stars. And, it also drew some lowly IGN editors.

The party kicked off at 9:00pm and was still going strong after midnight. The popular band The Killers played exclusively for the several hundred attendees on hand, and when The Killers weren't rocking the house, DJ Spinna was thumping beats.

The list of celebrities that stopped by to try out DS was impressive. Everybody from Cuba Gooding Jr., Jesse Metcalfe, Zach Braff, and Orlando Jones to Taryn Manning, Anthony Keidis, Sarah Chalke, Rachel Hunter, David Gallagher, JC. Chasez, Donald Faison, Michael Vartan and Jerry Bruckheimer made an appearance.

"They look great! They are small enough to travel with and will help me pass away many hours when I'm on tour, especially on those long bus rides," said pop star Pink about the DS.

Meanwhile, Nelly said he was "proud to be the first [to receive the DS]!"

And Donald Faison added: "Yo, this is the dopest thing I've seen in my life."

"Since we announced the Nintendo DS, celebrities have been clamoring to be the first to get their hands on it," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing. "The Nintendo DS was a huge hit due to its revolutionary features - the dual screen; touch-screen; a built-in chat function; and wireless communication."

The Red Hot Chili Peppers' lead singer Anthony Keidis enjoys DS

Playable DS games on hand included Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, Super Mario 64 DS, Madden NFL 2005, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, The Urbz: Sims in the City, Spider-Man 2, and Asphalt Urban GT.

We also had the chance to try out Nintendo DS' built in PictoChat software with a wide range of freaky Hollywood types. The software enables up to 16 people to enter a chat room wirelessly and then hold conversations with each other by both typing and drawing. As we chatted, the not-incredibly-bright and yet still beautiful friends-of-celebrities wrote intellectual statements like "bitch!" and drew crude pictures of the sexual nature. That aside, the technology worked flawlessly.

Nintendo DS debuts November 21 for $149.99. The dual-screened portable comes with a free demo of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt.

Check out some pictures of some of the celebs on-hand for the event in our media section.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/566/566972p1.html

Old 12/08/2004, 2:47 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Orlando Jones possibly starring on a new TV series soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
Yesterday, I got the USA today paper and there was a small item in which the creator of Alias is planning to do a new series pilot called "The Catch" in which Don Rickles and former MADtv castmember Orlando Jones star in.

Hopefully, This project will pick up ABC (Alias' network) or someone else within the next year.

I hope Orlando (or as Nicole Sullivan once said on MADtv "O") will do better on this series then he did last as a talk show host.
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) J.J. Abrams has called in reinforcements to nail down his bounty-hunter pilot "The Catch."

John Eisendrath, who's worked with Abrams in the past on "Alias" and "Felicity," will collaborate with Abrams on "The Catch," co-writing the pilot script and serving as an executive producer. The arrangement comes as part of a new two-year deal Eisendrath has signed with Disney's Touchstone TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Eisendrath's work on "The Catch," which is to star Greg Grunberg and Orlando Jones as bounty hunters, will ease some of the workload on the busy Abrams, who has two shows running at ABC ("Lost" and "Alias"), a feature film to direct ("Mission: Impossible 3") and a comedy in development with former "Saturday Night Live" star Cheri Oteri.
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...7C1%7C,00.html

Old 12/08/2004, 12:34 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Default Re: Re: Orlando Jones possibly starring on a new TV series soon.

Here's another thing on it...

Quote:
THE CATCH (ABC) - John Eisendrath ("Alias") has inked a new two-year, seven-figure overall deal with Touchstone Television. The pact calls for the writer/producer to help co-create, co-write and executive produce the bounty hunter drama pilot, which stars Greg Grunberg and Orlando Jones, with J.J. Abrams. In addition, Eisendrath has set up three new drama projects at the studio - an untitled series set in the world of boxing at ESPN; "Wanted," about the agents who track down the dangerous criminals on the F.B.I.'s Most Wanted list at ABC; and an untitled series about a female divorce lawyer at FOX, the latter two of which have script commitments at their respective networks.
Old 02/11/2005, 8:02 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Default Re: Re: Re: Orlando Jones possibly starring on a new TV series soon.

Quote:
THE CATCH (ABC) - The long-in-the-works drama pilot is back on track at the Alphabet as the producers are set to begin production next month. Greg Grunberg ("Alias"), Kym Whitley ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") and Don Rickles ("Toy Story") star in the project, an ensemble drama set in the world of bounty hunters. Orlando Jones, who was previously attached to the project, appears to be no longer be involved. Grunberg and J.J. Abrams created the Touchstone Television-based series which will be executive produced by Abrams and John Eisendrath.
Old 02/11/2005, 8:38 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Orlando Jones, who was previously attached to the project, appears to be no longer be involved.
That's too bad.

Old 05/06/2005, 9:17 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Cast photo of Evidence...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evidencecastphoto.jpg (24.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 05/07/2005, 4:59 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Did anyone see him in Drumline last night?

Old 05/07/2005, 5:24 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Quote:
Originally posted by thechfan
Did anyone see him in Drumline last night?
Old 05/07/2005, 7:29 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King

He does an awesome job in that movie.

Old 05/07/2005, 7:53 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Quote:
Originally posted by thechfan

He does an awesome job in that movie.
I didn't see it last night but I have seen the movie before.

I saw it 3 years ago and I don't remember much about it I do remember seeing Orlando in it but didn't know who he was at the time.

He played the coach or something right? The instructor?
Old 05/07/2005, 7:58 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King

I didn't see it last night but I have seen the movie before.

I saw it 3 years ago and I don't remember much about it I do remember seeing Orlando in it but didn't know who he was at the time.

He played the coach or something right? The instructor?
Oh, he played the instructor.

Old 05/07/2005, 11:00 PM
JAVAN said so.

he plays serious roles just a great as his comedic roles...

Old 05/08/2005, 7:33 AM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by crushonmary
he plays serious roles just a great as his comedic roles...
That's so true.

Old 05/08/2005, 5:24 PM
Office Space.

Thumbs Up Orlando Jones' Best Movie

I love Orlando Jones in Say It Isn't So. That was a great movie and Orlando had a great part as Dig, the legless pilot. He accially had fake legs.

:heart: Sexiest Cast Member: Jill-Michele Melećn. :heart:

I got a new picture in my profile! Check it out!

This message is literally copyrighted. Literally! ©
Old 05/14/2005, 10:30 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Default Re: Orlando Jones' Best Movie

Early reports are that his pilot for ABC The Evidence is that it got picked up for the 05-06 season.
Old 05/14/2005, 11:35 PM
Hardcore Fan

Wow, two shows featuring original MADtv grads might be on the fall schedule.
Old 01/26/2007, 4:56 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Has anyone seen Orlando Jones in the movie "Primeval"? I though the movie was pretty good, and Orlando was great in it, showing his funny side all the time.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0772193/

Old 01/27/2007, 2:48 PM
Hardcore Fan

If I remember correctly Orlando's new film wasn't screen for critics sadly
Old 01/27/2007, 9:51 PM
Hardcore Fan

Was this movie in theaters? I never heared of it.
Old 01/28/2007, 12:37 PM
Hardcore Fan

That's what happened with most films when they come out in January put it out in theatres in a month where no one knows what's playing theaters and see what happens.

It could have been worse, this film could have been going straight to DVD just like the new Dakota Fanning film which came out on Sundance