Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/23/2004, 9:04 AM
David Herman enthusiast

Default upcoming Dave projects

hey Hermanheads, I thought I'd just add this in: Dave is gonna be in two major motion pictures next year. He's appearing in the Will Ferrell movie, Kicking and Screaming ( dont know when the release day is yet) and he'll be playing "Ref", a referee I'm guessing. Also, he has fourth billing for a new Mike Judge comedy starring Luke Wilson, which is as of yet untitled. That movie is slated for August 2005 release, and I don't know what character he'll be playing yet. So that's something for the fans to look forward to.

Old 10/23/2004, 3:19 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Default Re: upcoming Dave projects

Quote:
Originally posted by Minky
hey Hermanheads, I thought I'd just add this in: Dave is gonna be in two major motion pictures next year. He's appearing in the Will Ferrell movie, Kicking and Screaming ( dont know when the release day is yet) and he'll be playing "Ref", a referee I'm guessing. Also, he has fourth billing for a new Mike Judge comedy starring Luke Wilson, which is as of yet untitled. That movie is slated for August 2005 release, and I don't know what character he'll be playing yet. So that's something for the fans to look forward to.
i knew about Kicking and Screaming due in 2005, but i didnt know about the other movie...good to know

Old 10/23/2004, 6:43 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

The "Judge" movie is posted in the news here. I'll post the other one sometime in the near future, unless Kurt will take care of that before then. *hoping*

Old 10/23/2004, 7:23 PM
Completely Unrelated.

ok

Old 10/23/2004, 10:55 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Hey, I just wanted to post a little celebration note, in honor of the David Herman thread hitting the 750 views mark. Yay to the hot red Herman thread. ugh, that was unbearably dorky, but we should pat ourselves on the back anyway.
Old 10/24/2004, 3:11 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I didn't realise that he had such a big role in "Dude Where's My Car?" until I read about what his character was like in some review. Granted, I didn't know who David was when I first saw the film, but even thinking back now I can't picture him as the hippy friend with the pot smoking dog. Weird.

Old 10/24/2004, 6:21 AM
Completely Unrelated.

same here

Old 10/24/2004, 3:33 PM
Regular

Default New Hermanhead

Hi Guys!! I been reading for awhile and decided to post. I really enjoy Dave's work and when I finally got Season 1 on DVD. I just love it he is so funny and the bloopers are just outrageous. I always wondered why he left. Maybe that is why we didn't see him when they had the 200th episode. I now watch (Listen) Dave in his new project. Way to do Dave!!

Old 10/24/2004, 6:32 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Same here, Darcy. It's great to see another Hermanhead! Welcome to the thread!
Old 10/25/2004, 5:58 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Recurring Characters:
Marsh (X News), Joel Linder (Joel & Connie), Joe Don (Joe & Lily Don), Mike Lawson )Incredible Findings)

Celebrity Impressions:
Tom Hanks, Woody Allen, Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, Kenny Kingston, Robert Shapiro, Tim Allen, Larry King, Anthony Hopkins, David Crosby, George Wallace, Joe Eszterhas, David Duchovny, Tony Danza, Pauly Shore, Alex Trebek, Regis Philbin, Doug Kerwin, Charles Nelson Reilly, Gavin McLeod, Michael Flatley, Larry Flynt, Joel Schumacher, John Ritter, Dean Cain
Old 10/25/2004, 2:16 PM
Completely Unrelated.

welcome to the boards and its good to see another dave herman fan

Old 10/25/2004, 10:03 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Does anyone else wish that Dave stayed on Angel for a bit longer? I think David and Cordelia had a little thing goin on

Old 10/26/2004, 6:34 AM
Completely Unrelated.

yeah, the more dave the better. lol

Old 10/26/2004, 5:02 PM
Regular

Funny this topic should be talked about. The Angel shows are on this week. Does any body know of any interviews or comminteary?

Old 10/26/2004, 7:27 PM
David Herman enthusiast

I just borrowed the Angel DVDs from a friend. I watched the 3 David Nabitt episodes. It's weird how he just disappears. Apparently Dave Herman had scheduling conflicts. Anywho, the DVDs have some special features, but I don't know if there's any Dave in them. I'll be sure to check soon.

Old 10/27/2004, 5:10 PM
Completely Unrelated.

ok

Old 10/28/2004, 4:17 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Okay, so... an update. I looked through the Angel DVDs and I can't even find the special features let alone anything on Dave. So for now I'm just gonna assume that there isn't really anything special regarding Dave, that is unless someone can find something that I missed and put in a correction. BUT, on the bright side, I also borrowed the Dude Where's My Car? DVD and Ashton, Sean, and the director do mention Dave in the commentary. So, I'll put up a transcript for that tomorrow.

Old 10/28/2004, 5:30 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Minky
Okay, so... an update. I looked through the Angel DVDs and I can't even find the special features let alone anything on Dave. So for now I'm just gonna assume that there isn't really anything special regarding Dave, that is unless someone can find something that I missed and put in a correction. BUT, on the bright side, I also borrowed the Dude Where's My Car? DVD and Ashton, Sean, and the director do mention Dave in the commentary. So, I'll put up a transcript for that tomorrow.
yay...(lol, im such a dork)

Old 10/29/2004, 11:52 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Okay, as promised, here are the transcripts from the Dude Where's My Car DVD commentary:

the first is from the first scene with Nelson when the fly lands on his nose when he's meditating:
Ashton Kutcher: Was that fly really on his nose?
Danny Leiner: Completely on his nose. I'm like, "we gotta keep that". When the first editors came in I was like, "dude, what happened to that fly on the nose, that was the funniest thing in the scene.

the second is from the scene where Nelson drives the boys to the Chinese restaurant and Ashton argues with the drive-thru lady [you know, the "And then..." scene] (note: the boys sit in the backseat and Nelson is in the front holding his dog):
Ashton Kutcher: The dog actually freaked out, one take. I freaked out at her [the drive thru lady], and it, like, jumped out of the window.
Danny Leiner: And for the rest of the movie it had to hang out with Dave, Dave Herman. And it blamed him for, like, making it jump out of the window. So the dog would be like, "Raarrrar!!", like, wanting to get away.
Ashton: (laughing)
Seann William Scott: He was really hurt by that too, I think.
Danny: Also, when he tried to drive the car up; and he would stall out every time.
Seann: Every time.
Ashton: It was a very difficult car to drive. It was a French car.

Last edited by Minky; 10/31/2004 at 6:16 PM.
Old 10/30/2004, 6:52 PM
Completely Unrelated.

lol

thanks