Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/04/2005, 7:24 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...?categoryid=14

If anyone has an active Variety account, I'd really appreciate the full version of this article. It's about a new improv sketch comedy show that Simon is the lead character for. You will get credit if you PM the piece to me.
2 months later...

HBO has picked up "The Derek & Simon Show," an improv comedy pilot presentation that reteams the paybox with "Mr. Show with Bob and David" star Bob OdenkirkBob Odenkirk.
Odenkirk will exec produce alongside Naomi Odenkirk and Brillstein-Grey's Bernie BrillsteinBernie Brillstein and Tim SarkesTim Sarkes.

Derek Waters and Simon Helberg will star in the half-hour. Odenkirk will direct the pilot.

Show concerns two average guys trying to hook up with women in and around Los Angeles.

Production begins this month. Alternative comedy will be shot in two 15-minutes segments a la "Tenacious D."

Odenkirk is best known for his HBO sketch series "Mr. Show With Bob and David," which launched 10 years ago on the paybox. He exec produces the Adult Swim toontoon "Tom Goes to the Mayor" and will direct the feature comedy "You Are Going to Prison."Helberg, a former "Mad TV""Mad TV" regular, was featured in the George ClooneyGeorge Clooney/Steven SoderberghSteven Soderbergh-exec produced HBO skeinskein "Unscripted."

Waters starred in ABC's "Married to the Kellys."

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.

Old 09/05/2005, 1:17 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by newt007

2 months later...
7 weeks earlier ... http://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/sho...&threadid=7145 Thanks anyway Newt.

Old 10/25/2006, 5:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I spotted another MADtv alum on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Simon played Alex Dwyer. I think it was small role, but he was on it. Weird after we just saw Chris Hogan a while back.
Old 06/07/2007, 6:51 PM
zlolz

He's going to be on the new CBS sitcom "The Big Bang Theroy" with Kaley Cuoco this fall.

http://www.wcsc.com/home/7631946.html

Old 09/24/2007, 9:52 PM
Totally F****able

"The Big Bang Theory" premiered tonight.

I watched it. It wasn't tears streaming down funny, but it definitely had its moments. Somewhat stereotypical in the hopless nerd, blonde bimbo way but it was still funny.

Although I don't see it lasting a full season.

Old 09/25/2007, 1:00 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Simon far exceeded my expectations tonight, and contrary to what Google Images would have me believe, the girl was sufficient in the eye candy department. Not a bad show overall. I won't be marking my calendar or anything, but if I ever spot it again while flipping through the digital guide, I assume I'll tune in.

Old 01/07/2008, 8:04 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Well, I'm hooked. Glad this baby was picked up for the whole season.

Old 05/29/2008, 6:07 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

He was did in by the talent there that season. Paul Vogt, Ike Barinholtz, Ron Pederson, just to much talent for anyone else to break through.
Old 07/08/2008, 1:35 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post A Quick Timeline: Simon Helberg

This timeline is on one of the shortest serving MADtv cast members of the 8th season, Simon Helberg. Though he never got a large role on the show, and was gone before the season finale, we can't forget that he was a cast member. Now Simon has gone to higher fame, and has most likely forgotten his brief stint on MADtv, but this will make sure that he will always be remembered for the little work he did on MADtv. So ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the quick Simon Helberg timeline.

2002: Simon gets hired as a feature cast member on MADtv for season 8

November 16, 2002: Simon appears in his first episode (his first sketch is in an NSYNC music video parody, as a reporter).

March 8, 2003: Simon appears in his last episode (his last sketch would be entitled Commercials from Around the World).

Life After MAD

After MADtv, Simon would go on to do more television roles. He had roles on the show Joey, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, but Simon's biggest role would come as the character Wolowitz, a nerd living in a dorm with other nerds in the show The Big Bang Theory. It is clear that Simon has found a career in Hollywood, and forgotten about MADtv, which probably means that a return to MADtv for him won't be anytime soon.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 07/08/2008, 1:36 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

If you want, you can all add your own Simon Helberg moment on here. Ones that were in the middle of his tenure.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 03/18/2009, 7:55 PM
Totally F****able

the big bang theory was just renewed for 2 more seasons