Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/23/2005, 9:25 AM
Office Space.

Question Alex on Vehix commercial.

Do you know that commercial for Vehix.com with the guy in the recliner and hes moving these cars on a convaer belt. Well, the person in the second car reminds me of Alex Borstien. What do you think?

:heart: Sexiest Cast Member: Jill-Michele Meleãn. :heart:

I got a new picture in my profile! Check it out!

This message is literally copyrighted. Literally! ©

Old 04/23/2005, 10:15 AM
Creature of the Night

Default Re: Alex on Vehix commercial.

Quote:
Originally posted by madtv4ever
Do you know that commercial for Vehix.com with the guy in the recliner and hes moving these cars on a convaer belt. Well, the person in the second car reminds me of Alex Borstien. What do you think?
If I remembered that commercial I would tell you.

Anger and resentment can stop you in your tracks. That's what I know now. It needs nothing to burn but the air and the life that it swallows and smothers. It's real, though - the fury, even when it isn't. It can change you... turn you... mold you and shape you into something you're not. The only upside to anger, then... is the person you become. Hopefully someone that wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid to take the journey, someone that knows that the truth is, at best, a partially told story. That anger, like growth, comes in spurts and fits, and in its wake, leaves a new chance at acceptance, and the promise of calm. Then again, what do I know? I'm only a child.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 04/30/2005, 5:32 AM
Only Passing Through

Default Question about Alex

Did Alex ever appear as an " extra " on Saved By The Bell?

Specifically, the episode about the " new " Bayside High to be built because the kids found oil on the property.

In one scene when Jessie, Kelly and this unnamed clown ( not knocking the guy, he was supposed to be a clown... ) were chained to a faux oil well in protest, I could've sworn one of the kids in the hall was Alex. She wore thick rimmed glasses and didn't speak, but I would swear that was her.

Any help anyone?
Old 04/30/2005, 7:36 AM
Creature of the Night

I've definetly seen that episode, but it was before I liked mad, so I'll be sure to watch for her if I ever see that show again.

Anger and resentment can stop you in your tracks. That's what I know now. It needs nothing to burn but the air and the life that it swallows and smothers. It's real, though - the fury, even when it isn't. It can change you... turn you... mold you and shape you into something you're not. The only upside to anger, then... is the person you become. Hopefully someone that wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid to take the journey, someone that knows that the truth is, at best, a partially told story. That anger, like growth, comes in spurts and fits, and in its wake, leaves a new chance at acceptance, and the promise of calm. Then again, what do I know? I'm only a child.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 05/05/2005, 11:59 PM
Hardcore Fan

Well I read online that the soundtrack to the stage play musical version of the animated show "Family Guy" has just entered the Billboard 200 album chart at a respectable #108 on the chart making Alex Borstein who voices the mother on the series the first cast member from MADtv to make either the singles or album chart in the 10 year history of the show.

Congrats Alex,

Anyone else have any questions?
Old 05/19/2005, 10:10 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i wish alex would bring her one woman show to australia
...thats if its even going still
Old 06/01/2005, 12:52 PM
Casual Fan

She did a great Ms. Swan. Funniest is "Ms. Swan Flyies" video, who i was watching. Also "Ms. Swan in Sharperst Image" was pretty cool (featuring Andrew Bowen and Mo Collins).

Old 06/05/2005, 11:01 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

http://www.junk-mag.com/words/alexborstein.htm

Alex Borstein spent five years as a MAD TV cast member and provides the voice for several characters on the animated series and soon-to-be full-length movie Family Guy, including Lois Griffin. She has appeared in several films, including Catwoman, Seeing Other People, and Bad Santa. It takes a funny and talented lady to pull off roles ranging from tollbridge troll to wealthy socialite, and Alex Borstein is one of the beautiful few who seems to be able to play any character well.

Brad Walsh: In Catwoman you played Sally, a sizeable role alongside Hollywood giants like Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, and Benjamin Bratt. I know you’ve been in films before, but was this one different?

Alex Borstein: Yes, this was a big budget movie with big, fancy stars in it so it did feel a bit larger in scope. But as we all know, money does not equal quality!

BW: Did you get to hang out with Frances Conroy [of Six Feet Under] at all?

AB: No, unfortunately our scenes were at different times. Wait, we did overlap a bit in the original ending, but that was trashed. So, we met, but that's about it.

BW: Are there plans for a Catwoman II, and would Sally be reprised in the sequel?

AB: I have not heard about a sequel, but I'd do it in a second only to work with Halle once again. She's such a nice lady and a joy to work with. I know that sounds like crap, but it's true.

BW: Do you like Hollywood?

AB: Do I like Hollywood? The city? The street? The idea? Yes, I think. I had no drawbacks from working with big names on Catwoman. They were all great to me and easygoing on the set, so no complaints here.

BW: So Halle Berry’s no bitch?

AB: I wish I could say that Halle is a bitch, but she's so nice and cool it would make you sick!

BW: What about Debra Wilson? Sometimes I think she could bite my face right off and not even blink.

AB: Debra is unusual, but I don't really know her that well.

BW: Do you think Will Sasso is hotter as Kenny Rogers or as a retard in Best in Show?

AB: I find Will irresistible as Kenny. I'm biased.

BW: Who’s the most attractive man on stage or screen, and why?

AB: I think Gael Garcia Bernal is adorable. Other than that, my husband Jackson Douglas [of Gilmore Girls].

BW: How often do you make yourself laugh?

AB: I'm laughing right now at something hilarious that I just did. God dammit! I am so ****ing funny!

BW: Who do you think is hilarious?

AB: I think I am hilarious! Just kidding... I think Seth [McFarlane] is pretty brilliant, but so does the rest of the world, right? I love Steve Martin and classic Albert Brooks, Fanny Brice, Sophie Tucker...

BW: Have you ever done anything stupid, as I have, in front of someone you idolized?

AB: I've never done anything stupid.

BW: I have a friend who was called a “poetess” once and found it belittling. Do you have any preference on being referred to as an “actress” versus an “actor?” Does that mean anything to you?

AB: Nope, I don't care. It sure beats "asshole."

BW: You have played several roles in your career, like Ms. Swan on MAD TV and Tricia Takanawa on Family Guy, that play with extremes of Asian stereotypes in America. What do you try to accomplish with those characters? Solely entertainment?

AB: Swan is based on my grandmother. She’s in no way a stereotype of anything, why do you see her as a stereotype? She is from a place called “Kuvaria” and is a ridiculous, pushy little immigrant woman created along the lines of Andy Kaufman's “Latka" on TAXI. Is Lois [Griffin] a stereotype of women? Tricia is an Asian news reporter. From what I hear, they exist. Tricia's voice is actually based on a voice I did on MAD TV as a news reporter; same stilted newsperson's delivery.

BW: What kinds of reactions can you recall to your playing Swan?

AB: All good. Swan is great because so many people in the states are first or second generation and have aunts, moms, or grandmothers just like Swan. That's what I always hear. It's fun to find a common thread. One guy named Guy Aoki didn't like her, but he's a "douchebag," as Sarah Silverman once said.

BW: Of Family Guy you mentioned that recording Lois Griffin’s part of the opening sequence and her season one basement bar songs was a less than pleasant experience, but the episode shows that you’ve got a great singing voice. Why didn’t you like recording the songs?

AB: Seth is a musical genius and a perfectionist, so it was always stressful to try and please him. I have no training and he's brilliant, so it can be frustrating for both of us.

BW: What’s the greatest song ever written?

AB: ”San Diego Seranade” by Tom Waits.

On the web: www.alexborstein.com

Brad Walsh can be e-mail at brad@bradwalsh.com.

Old 06/05/2005, 11:22 PM
Hardcore Fan

Just saw "Family Guy" tonight on FOX and there was a cameo by Miss Swan in the show and they also rip Saturday Night Live for having 1.5. more of the audience that MADtv has.

Hope you guys saw it.
Old 06/05/2005, 11:28 PM
JAVAN said so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cochhurtz
BW: What about Debra Wilson? Sometimes I think she could bite my face right off and not even blink.

weird...

Old 06/05/2005, 11:28 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cochhurtz
http://www.junk-mag.com/words/alexborstein.htm
Most girls will get a kick outta this site. Some guys too.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 06/06/2005, 4:11 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 06/06/2005, 5:15 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

of course I loved it!!!!!!!!!

Strange how she said she didn't know Debra that well, I'm suprised.

How the... umm... is Swan a stereotype of Asians?!

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best
Old 06/06/2005, 6:33 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally posted by mo4ever
How the... umm... is Swan a stereotype of Asians?!
What would you think if they never said where she was from?

I dunno if this is true everywhere but it's a stereotype here that Asian ladies own nail salons with long exagerated names.

And Bunny Swn - Asians usually have nature inspired names.

Just my 2 cents.

"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 06/06/2005, 7:15 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Personally, when I first saw a Ms. Swan sketch I thought she was Asian because of her eyes, the way she talks, and they mentioned her nail salon
Old 06/06/2005, 8:07 PM
Creature of the Night

Evrytime any of my friends who only watch madtv every so often refer to Ms.Swan as, the asian lady. Everytime they say it I go through a long explanation about how she isn't asian.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 06/08/2005, 4:57 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Yeah, I never thought about the nail salon thing.

How does Alex stand that type of music? Ugh.

But that guy is pretty cute...

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best
Old 06/30/2005, 10:49 PM
Regular

Alex Borestein is so funny, im glad FAMILY GUY is back on the air cuz shes funny as Lois
Old 07/02/2005, 1:45 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i don't think its so weird that alex doesn't know debra that well

Its like at work...u don't become best friends with everyone u work with.you might be friends or even aquaintences(sp?) but that doesn't necessarily mean u know someone that well
And plus...u get 10 or so people together...all those differet personalities...its a bit much to expect everyone to become the greatest of friends...

But...for all the work that they did together on screen,they worked together really well and THAT is what should really matter

SPEECH OVER
Old 07/02/2005, 7:53 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Haha, her answer about Debra makes me laugh. How would you star on the same show with someone for 5 years and all that you can say about them is that you don't know them that well? She knows what she did to Debra that cost their friendship. I'll just leave it at that.

I have lost a lot of my respect for Alex.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson