Notices

Old 12/06/2004, 5:57 PM
<3 True Love <3

Some Pictures I Found...

Ike and Seth at IO West

Ike and Josh at IO west

Ike Josh and Seth at IO west

Ike Josh and Seth Hanging Out

I dunno How Long these are gonna be on the account so if you want them save them ASAP! ENJOY!

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Old 12/24/2004, 5:32 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Post FCC's bleeping safeguards sharpen satire, comic says

December 24, 2004
HOLLYWOOD - A good thong would ring in a new era for "Mad TV" performer Ike Barinholtz.

"I've been in a thong on the show five or six times," the comedian says, "and they can never show it."

Maybe three years ago when he started on the late-night sketch show they might have. But now, "we definitely felt the brunt of Janet Jackson's breast," he laments.

In the show's 10th season, "Mad TV" cohorts are working harder and smarter for their laughs, he says.

Three years ago, Barinholtz was decidedly riskier with his comedy, forged from the work he did on stage in Chicago and Los Angeles's Improv Olympics.

However, 2004 is the year of sterner FCC monitoring, and "Mad TV" is feeling the stares from network censors.

It's quite a change from the days he joined the Saturday night show.

He recalls how then he could play "the world's laziest terrorist" in a sketch. He was a sleeper cell terrorist who decided he didn't want to blow up planes because it might interfere with his weekly reality TV viewing.

During the past year, the environment has turned decidedly more conservative, and even the slightest of language is being scrutinized, he says.

"We've gone from being able to fly under the radar to having arguments with censors on whether we could say the word 'poo' or not," he says.

He says the tightening has been like a two-edged sword.

"We get mad," he says, "but then at the same time, out of being mad, we get some good ideas.

"When (censors) say we can't say something, then we work harder and get some good stuff out of it."

As a result, Barinholtz says he favors more subtle humor on the often over-the-top "Mad TV." "Instead of being hit over the head with a hammer, I'd rather be tapped (on the backside)," he says.

Opting for more subtle humor makes the difference between whether a sketch makes the air or not. Such an approach, he says, is not always a bad thing.

But can that be done on "Mad TV"?

During the show's run, it has featured such broad signature characters as Stuart, the easily annoyed man-child, and Marvin Tikkvah, an elderly, overweight and overly tanned man who loves to disrobe.

"Sometimes, we walk a line," says Barinholtz, who writes for the show, too.

"We can be very broad, but we also try to balance it out with a character like Dot. You have to listen to what she says.

"It's not that she is saying something funny, but what she is saying is done in a funny way."

Barinholtz hasn't felt the heat as much for doing his celebrity impersonations such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mark Wahlberg, for which he is best known.

He gets his ideas for sketches from E! cable channel and bad reality television. That's what gets his wheels turning.

"When I go home and watch TV and see a show that is so bad or a movie that is awful, I know I can go in to work the next day and say, 'let's make fun of this,' and we can do it," he says.

"That's not a bad thing. They not only encourage you to be that way, but they pay you for it. That's great."
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/tv_and_r...418983,00.html ...subscription required.

Old 12/24/2004, 3:06 PM
<3 True Love <3

Ike in a thong....MMmmmMMMMMmmm! but he has nice legs, if you ask me.

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Old 12/26/2004, 9:16 PM
Fresh Meat

I haven't been here in awhile, so I was pleased to see the photo links. thanks a lot. I LOVE the last one, lounging in the grass. I think i'll photo shop myself on top of his face.

Old 12/29/2004, 11:31 PM
Fresh Meat

Hey everyone, this is my every first post and let me just say that Ike is my favorite. He's so funny and I just love his eyes. They're quite small, but I don't mind. I just hope that he's not gay...
Old 02/04/2005, 7:06 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

From MADtv Informer:

8 QUESTIONS WITH IKE BARINHOLTZ

1) What's the one thing that makes you laugh without fail?
Drunk girls falling down.
2) Name two people you consider geniuses?
Bill Murray and Dusty Baker.
3) What type of career do you secretly desire but would never pursue?
Used car salesman in a small town in the South.
4) Who do you wish you looked more like?
I wish I looked LESS like Taye Diggs.
5) If you could push one person off of a cliff, who would it be?
Ashley Simpson or any member of the Simpson family.
6) What pisses you off the most?
When people spit on me -- I hate that.
7) What's your favorite bad movie?
Rollerball.
8) What is your motto?
Eat before you drink.
Old 02/18/2005, 8:28 AM
<3 True Love <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. IKE BARINHOLTZ!!!

*i'm confused by this whole thing because sometimes people post happy birthday's in the castmember's thread, sometimes in the happy birthday thread, and sometimes that make a new thread in the forum...so i'm going to do one of three *

Old 02/19/2005, 3:13 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: Ike Barinholtz

Pretty damn hottttt!!!
Old 03/09/2005, 9:02 AM
<3 True Love <3

Apparently Ike Can read....lol jk! but I got an email from the second city newsletter and it was about this book on Del Close by Jeff Griggs, it's called Guru: My days with Del Close and they have quotes from Dan Aykroyd, Matt Besser, and the one, the only, IKE BARINHOLTZ!......anyway, here's he quote about the book:

"Every improviser should read this book. Twice."- Ike Barinholtz, MADtv

......Hmmmm....I think i might want to read this book...

Old 03/11/2005, 6:12 PM
Totally F****able

I saw on the tv that the card game playing show that Ike is supposed to be on premieres next thursday at either 8,9,or 10pm EST, I wasn't actually sure on the time, but its one of those.

Old 03/18/2005, 7:01 AM
Fresh Meat

Thanks for the info about the show that Ike was on, Scorpiogrrl.

It was Celebrity Hold 'Em. I watched a little of it last night.

It turns out Laura Prepon, from That 70's Show, is the executive producer. The show was taped at her house. She was one of the players, as were her husband (from Malcolm in the MIddle), his brother (from That 70's Show), some guy named Travis, and of course, Ike.

She introduced Ike as "my friend Ike". When the host of the show asked Travis and Ike how they met the Prepon/Mastersons, Travis gave a real answer, but Ike said "I met them at an orgy". lol. Maybe that was a real answer, but somehow I doubt it.

I tuned out after just a few minutes, because it was a really boring show to me. The players seemed to think they were funny and interesting, but they just weren't. They all were talking over each other and not one of them was interesting to me. And I belong to the small minority here who likes Ike. He was a lot funnier and more natural with Ron at the AI red carpet on last week's show.

For those that are interested, Ike smoked vigorously. He was sucking on those cigarettes like it was the last time he'd ever get to smoke.

Ike lost the first hand, but thought he had won it. He had a pair of 3's, and someone else had a better hand, but Ike didn't notice it. The guy named Travis said, "There's a little monkey playing cymbals where Ike's brain should be". That was funny.

Of course, this is all my humble, subjective opinion. YMMV
Old 03/18/2005, 9:18 AM
Hardcore Fan

Actually the title of the show is Hollywood Hold 'Em and yes I think this is worst than some of the other poker show that are on cable.

But I wouldn't be surprised if someone from or used to be MADtv makes an appearence soon and I wouldn't count out Ike making a return appearence if the show get renewed.
Old 03/19/2005, 4:11 PM
Fresh Meat

Default I agree....

that he just wasn't as funny and natural as he was with ron. that red carpet bit was so funny that i had a little bit of pee running down my leg. but on this show, he seemed so forced, trying to be something...i don't know. center of attention? the funniest? i couldn't put my finger on it. and i noticed that chris masterson even told him to "chill out" during one hand. at the end of the show, they hinted that ike and beer go together quite a bit during these games.

i just can't get over the knit caps he wears all the time. what up with the caps? you're cute enough without them.

i'm sure it will be repeated, for those of you who missed it.

Old 03/20/2005, 10:32 AM
<3 True Love <3

Yeah it Re-aired Yesterday(Missed it) and It's Re-airing again Tonight at 8pm CST...Hopefully My mom Won't bitch at me about getting to bed....

Old 03/25/2005, 12:47 AM
Remember me?

http://www.colgate.edu/DesktopDefaul...01&evtID=13880

SNL Meets MAD TV: Seth Meyers and Ike Barinholtz

Date: 3/24/2005

Time: 9:00PM-12:00AM

Event Type: Entertainment

Sponsor: CAB Special Events and Charred Goosebeak

Summary: CAB Special Events and Charred Goosebeak present comedians Seth Meyers, Saturday Night Live, and Ike Barinholtz, MAD TV to bring a combination of sketch comedy, stand-up, and improv to Colgate. Join us for this special night of comedy
Old 05/03/2005, 1:35 PM
Fresh Meat

Does anyone know what kind of music Ike's into? Or what kind of car he drives?

Belle
Old 05/28/2005, 10:20 AM
Fresh Meat

Does anyone have a favorite Ike quote?

Belle
Old 06/01/2005, 12:56 PM
Casual Fan

I like "Guy straight gays" or somthing... I like this video very much. I don't know why, but Ike kiss his partner very coarsen... Maybe he is gay? (just fu***ng joke)

Old 06/30/2005, 10:58 PM
Regular

I saw that sketch when Ike and Josh Meyers were watchin a football game and then just started makin out like..when i first saw it i was like..AHHH , but i really hope hes not gay cause i think hes hott

Its a football thing sketch clip- http://www.madtv.com/html/classics/theatre_int_20.html
Old 11/02/2005, 6:38 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default BEHIND THE MADNESS: IKE BARINHOLTZ

Ike Barinholtz is a native of Chicago. He is an alumnus of "ImprovOlympic," "Second City" and the "Annoyance Theater." He also spent two years in Amsterdam with the famed comedy troupe "Boom Chicago."

Barinholtz is a founding member of "The Lindbergh Babies," a famous improv group directed by the late Del Close, who worked with Jim Belushi, Bill Murray, Mike Meyers and Chris Farley.

Barinholtz lives in Los Angeles with his dog. This is his fifth season on MADtv.