Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/06/2007, 8:06 PM
Totally F****able

her name is Mary.

Old 09/06/2007, 9:34 PM
Hardcore Fan

Hmmm.... Stephaine Weir and Beth Littleford....oh yeah I remember when the Daily Show when Beth Littleford was on with Craig Kilborn hosting.
Old 09/07/2007, 7:17 PM
Casual Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
her name is Mary.

Thank you. =] But then how come they don't list her as a character. =[ Did she not do that many roles as Mary?

"Karen, I forgot to feed your gerbil and she ate her own foot.

And now...she slept with Jesus!

Karen, and then I took her gerbil babies and I baptised them -- but they all drowned.

Karen!! If you see Jesus, tell him to take the gerbil babies -- they're Christian!"
Old 09/07/2007, 8:25 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
Thank you. =] But then how come they don't list her as a character. =[ Did she not do that many roles as Mary?

No. That sketch, titled "The Fun Room" was what they call a "one-off" sketch. Which means it happens only once.

Old 09/08/2007, 9:43 AM
Casual Fan

ok I understand now. =] Thanks for your help.

"Karen, I forgot to feed your gerbil and she ate her own foot.

And now...she slept with Jesus!

Karen, and then I took her gerbil babies and I baptised them -- but they all drowned.

Karen!! If you see Jesus, tell him to take the gerbil babies -- they're Christian!"
Old 05/30/2008, 9:24 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I may be the only person in the world who thought she was just an average castmember. I thought she was average because there have been so many great women castmembers on this show, that she really couldn't break through to that success.
Old 10/01/2009, 7:30 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

My brother was watching series opener of Fastforward today, when he noticed Stephnie in the show. He told me, and it is her! She plays a woman named Didi Gibbons who owns a cupcake shop. I'm not sure if this is a recurring character or not, but odds are it's probably just a guest appearance.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 10/02/2009, 1:37 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I think you might be referring to "Flash Forward" and it was episode 2. I didn't get a chance to watch it, because I was just watching the first one on tvguide when it was airing. I'll be sure to keep a lookout, thanks.

Old 10/02/2009, 1:47 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Whoa! I just checked the very 1st ep again cuz I thought that name rang a bell and...
ITS THE FIRST MAJOR CLUE AS TO WHAT CAUSED THE FREAK GLOBAL OCCURANCE!

That's reasurring, I hope the role lasts for a while.

*It's the first post it note "D. Gibbons" on the board at 28:04 into the show*
http://www.hulu.com/watch/97929/flas...more-good-days

Old 12/01/2009, 2:38 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Stephnie Weir was interviewed for Second City's 50th Anniversary

Quote:
Stephnie Weir (in photo) played lunatic characters on MADtv, and she was just as fearless and bawdy during her three years (’97–2000) on the Mainstage. Second City conservatory student Chelsea Devantez (right), an outrageous standout who placed second in this season’s Impress These Apes, clearly follows in her idol’s footsteps.

Chelsea Devantez: Did you have to work any terrible jobs while you were acting and taking classes?
Stephnie Weir: Oh, my God. [Laughs.] [My boyfriend] thought it would be great if we just had to work weekends, so I was a security guard at Abbott Laboratories. We did nothing. It was kind of a miserable job.

CD: Did you have a moment when you were sure you wanted to be an improviser?
SW: I know I loved it from the very beginning. I remember waiting for the train and thinking with such clarity, I really want to do this and I think I could do it.

CD: What was your first paid acting gig?
SW: Second City. I got called and asked if I would be on the Mainstage, and I remember thinking, Oh my gosh, I can quit all my jobs! [Laughs.] So I called my mother and said, “Mom, I got hired for this full-time job at Second City.” And she was like, “Oh my God, what is Second City?” Her second question was, “Do they have health insurance?”

CD: Who inspired you while moving through the ranks?
SW: I remember seeing Amy Sedaris in a stint where she played somebody’s alcoholic mother in one scene and in the next she was Ross Perot. I remember thinking she was so awesome. I got to work with Rachel Dratch, and she just had such a funny, roll-with-it attitude when she would approach the stage and could turn anything into a gem.

CD: What advice do you have for improvisers who are starting out?
SW: Don’t waste a moment of energy looking around at what other people are doing. When we start improvising [we] think, Who’s on a team, or Who’s getting the jobs, or whatever. You can get sidelined thinking, like, Well I’m a woman and that’s why they didn’t hire me. There are so many examples of people who have flourished by keeping their nose to the grindstone and doing their thing. Be persistent and don’t give up.

See Devantez with the Humidors on Thursdays at the Cornservatory. Revisit Weir’s MADtv years on DVD.